Jump to content
supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ztrevs said:

Are there any reputable sites that sell rarer/older pieces?

Regret selling my J28GT back in the day, may be in the market for another or something.

you'll have to hunt through various marketplaces such as grailed, yjp, rakuten, sufu, and such. No actual sites sell it unless it's a consignment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

out of the game for a long time now.

i found my old 3a-5ts at my parents house from like...08/09? what the fuck are today's prices?! i recall buying it for ~350 retail at purist in san jose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rezz said:

out of the game for a long time now.

i found my old 3a-5ts at my parents house from like...08/09? what the fuck are today's prices?! i recall buying it for ~350 retail at purist in san jose

That year probably means it's a Limonta version? Price would heavily depend on the condition, particularly the material's fading. Do you have any pictures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the market for a mid layer. Can anyone comment on the J72-AK in terms of warmth? How does it compare to J58 and J74?

Also, anyone with inside news on that new J1A with the flipped collar? I think it would look much better with the collar stand up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hoping somebody can help me out,

I'm going to buy my first pair of ACR pants but i'm noticing discrepencies in the pictures posted online for the P23TS-S

in some pictures they appear to be a cropped pant ending high above the ankle and in others they seem to extend down, at least touching the top of the ankle (see pictures)

Is this just due to the model's height?

is this due to how they are sitting around the model's hips?

Is this a dumb question with a super obvious answer? probably.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.59 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, esper said:

hoping somebody can help me out,

I'm going to buy my first pair of ACR pants but i'm noticing discrepencies in the pictures posted online for the P23TS-S

in some pictures they appear to be a cropped pant ending high above the ankle and in others they seem to extend down, at least touching the top of the ankle (see pictures)

Is this just due to the model's height?

is this due to how they are sitting around the model's hips?

Is this a dumb question with a super obvious answer? probably.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.59 PM.png

The top picture is from END, who is known for their shit styling/sizing of ACR. Pretty sure that dude is 6'3 rocking a small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

The top picture is from END, who is known for their shit styling/sizing of ACR. Pretty sure that dude is 6'3 rocking a small.

thanks for the help! Why they would style them like that is completely beyond me i need my ankles to be  w a r m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kriztopher said:

I am in the market for a mid layer. Can anyone comment on the J72-AK in terms of warmth? How does it compare to J58 and J74?

Also, anyone with inside news on that new J1A with the flipped collar? I think it would look much better with the collar stand up. 

Heard the J74 isn't terribly warm. The 58 is a beast for warm imo. There's some chatter about the AV Mionn vs the 58 a few pages back. Comfort temps are subjective but I would think they'd rank 74<72<58 under a shell.

edit: @esper never take any sizing advice from END lol

Edited by wexler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, esper said:

thanks for the help! Why they would style them like that is completely beyond me i need my ankles to be  w a r m

For P23 (and some other wide pants) you should size based on length/inseam more than anything else.  The waist will be laughably large on all sizes, and therefore almost completely irrelevant (unless you're at the extremes of really large or small waist).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, saskey said:

Cheers to all!
I am looking out for a J25-WS. Any thoughts / recommendations regarding the different generations (gen 1.0 in 2012 and gen 1.1 in 2016) and the sizing?
In the pages before I found the same question but no answers. Sorry if I oversaw something.
Thanks in advance to y'all!

The earlier generation is a different Windstopper.  It has a smoother outer face and is a little quieter.  The later generation I think is the same WS used in recent pieces, and is a little louder with a more textured surface.  Can't comment on sizing or anything, but they should be pretty similar.  I've been using my first gen for years with no issues, can't go wrong with either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

The earlier generation is a different Windstopper.  It has a smoother outer face and is a little quieter.  The later generation I think is the same WS used in recent pieces, and is a little louder with a more textured surface.  Can't comment on sizing or anything, but they should be pretty similar.  I've been using my first gen for years with no issues, can't go wrong with either.  

And it fits very slim profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, esper said:

thanks for the help! Why they would style them like that is completely beyond me i need my ankles to be  w a r m

It's probably because they went with the waist size that fit the model. It also looks like the cuff of the second layer was pulled up which is also an odd choice. The sizing looks similar on notre but with the cuff pulled down - https://www.notre-shop.com/collections/acronym/products/p23a-s-in-raf-green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SNg said:

It's probably because they went with the waist size that fit the model. It also looks like the cuff of the second layer was pulled up which is also an odd choice. 

Keep in mind this is also the shop that ties the draw string together on all the wide pants... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wexler said:

Heard the J74 isn't terribly warm. The 58 is a beast for warm imo. There's some chatter about the AV Mionn vs the 58 a few pages back. Comfort temps are subjective but I would think they'd rank 74<72<58 under a shell.

edit: @esper never take any sizing advice from END lol

Thanks. I feel cold easily so I am always on the lookout for the warmest possible mid layer. I was hoping that the J72-AK could beat the J58. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, thatslapz said:

The earlier generation is a different Windstopper.  It has a smoother outer face and is a little quieter.  The later generation I think is the same WS used in recent pieces, and is a little louder with a more textured surface.  Can't comment on sizing or anything, but they should be pretty similar.  I've been using my first gen for years with no issues, can't go wrong with either.  

This is the exact advice I was after, thank you @thatslapz (and @saskey for driving it out!)

Does the first gen also have a dual zipper so that it can be zipped to the top and then unzipped from the bottom? None of the images that I've found for the first gen show this functionality...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HeckHouse are you wearing the j69 in the first image? 

I've been on the fence regarding the j69 as I've been after a rather minimal gtx shell that has all the bells and whistles under the facade of simplicity (similar to the early sisp designs and philosophy). I really like the jacket and I would have picked it up earlier but the two things holding me back were the raw edge reverse seams and the lack of a detachable hood (which could have been integrated in the form of press stud closure on the black Velcro tapes, as additional tapes ofcourse). I've also been contemplating the possibility of inserting studs on the black logo tapes and using the hood from the acg ss18 jacket when it's pouring but that would only secure the hood as a 2 point latch as opposed to 3. 

Could you kindly chime in on how the jacket has been holding up so far? 

This was the standout jacket for me this season besides the mid layers (72 and 65) and as cool as the 47 is, I can't get behind the maximalism (Not to mention the weight). The 47R gt is excellent imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WiseFool said:

@HeckHouse are you wearing the j69 in the first image? 

I've been on the fence regarding the j69 as I've been after a rather minimal gtx shell that has all the bells and whistles under the facade of simplicity (similar to the early sisp designs and philosophy). I really like the jacket and I would have picked it up earlier but the two things holding me back were the raw edge reverse seams and the lack of a detachable hood (which could have been integrated in the form of press stud closure on the black Velcro tapes, as additional tapes ofcourse). I've also been contemplating the possibility of inserting studs on the black logo tapes and using the hood from the acg ss18 jacket when it's pouring but that would only secure the hood as a 2 point latch as opposed to 3. 

Could you kindly chime in on how the jacket has been holding up so far? 

Yes, it's the J69. I really love the jacket, and since it is windy more often than it rains here, it's well-suited for my climate. The frayed edges haven't changed noticeably. At the wrists and neck it's a  bit "fuzzy" but I doubt it's going to look ragged anytime soon, if ever. I'm small and it's difficult to find jackets that fit me well, and this one fits perfectly. 

The small irk I've had with it is that the collar has "forgotten" its shape on one side and doesn't have that seam that it did out of the box that keeps the collar tidy when it's up. So sometimes when it's up the pointed part of the pattern will stick out and forward. I don't think it looks all that strange and I'm sure most people don't notice it, but if I'm in the wrong mood I'll be agitated that I have to fold the point inside the collar, else it'll be jutting out a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great summary, thank you very much! I'm assuming the collar jutting issue occurs when you are using the snap closure / unzipped jacket? Is there a little 'pouch, for lack of a better word, where you can tuck the pointy end of the collar into? 

On a side note, are you able to layer comfortably with a hoodie or a crewneck without hindering motion / losing the profile shape of the jacket? Perhaps a shirt, overshirt or t shirt would work best. Finally, do you think sizing up would possibly work or would that distort the definition of the jacket? TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

This is the exact advice I was after, thank you @thatslapz (and @saskey for driving it out!)

Does the first gen also have a dual zipper so that it can be zipped to the top and then unzipped from the bottom? None of the images that I've found for the first gen show this functionality...

Yeap, mine is dual zip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any S21 owners out there? I am familiar with DS tops in the form of shirts, curious if the hood is worth the price or is it just a regular DS top with a hood and a few zippers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WiseFool said:

Great summary, thank you very much! I'm assuming the collar jutting issue occurs when you are using the snap closure / unzipped jacket? Is there a little 'pouch, for lack of a better word, where you can tuck the pointy end of the collar into? 

On a side note, are you able to layer comfortably with a hoodie or a crewneck without hindering motion / losing the profile shape of the jacket? Perhaps a shirt, overshirt or t shirt would work best. Finally, do you think sizing up would possibly work or would that distort the definition of the jacket? TIA!

No pouch, no, but usually I fold it in and it'll catch against my neck and stay put. You can see both sides "out" in this shot.DSC04692.thumb.jpg.c35eb9a2c9e8c41d88526cebe8803d7f.jpg

I've never tried a hoodie but I frequently wear a light crewneck over a tshirt under it and there's still plenty of range of motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jukes said:

Any S21 owners out there? I am familiar with DS tops in the form of shirts, curious if the hood is worth the price or is it just a regular DS top with a hood and a few zippers?

It’s a very understated piece, like you said it’s just a regular DS hoodie, but the cuffs are made with mesh material which is a very nice touch.

I don’t own any DS shirt, but the S21 actually change my mind and I definitely will get some DS shirt in the future release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kriztopher said:

It’s a very understated piece, like you said it’s just a regular DS hoodie, but the cuffs are made with mesh material which is a very nice touch.

I don’t own any DS shirt, but the S21 actually change my mind and I definitely will get some DS shirt in the future release.

You might notice how often the boss man wears his ds shirts all the time. Rock the best for himself :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

You might notice how often the boss man wears his ds shirts all the time. Rock the best for himself :)

subtle acrnm traits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 7:03 AM, jukes said:

Any S21 owners out there? I am familiar with DS tops in the form of shirts, curious if the hood is worth the price or is it just a regular DS top with a hood and a few zippers?

I've got one in M. The hood has no adjustment so in terms of actual use it doesn't do anything the second theres any wind, and it's very thin as is the entire garment so it does not sit still. Aside from that, the S21 is as others said, very understatement and one I wear exactly as described on the product page; "perfect for all seasons". I wear it as standalone with sling, and as a midlayer when colder without overheating.

Price wise, it is quite a price increase from the previous versions and it's expensive, but it has some neat mesh cuffs and waistband, and just like most acronym stuff, you won't find it anywhere else anyway so price discussion is moot. 

Edited by swoleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now