Westbrook

Acronym.

Re: this years “collection”

not only is it important to think of Acronym’s drops as an evolution vs. collection, but even the individual pieces are released as a function of production rather than storytelling as with most designers. I think of Acronym less as a fashion brand and more that it’s just a design firm. In the same way Porsche evolves (how different does each 911 “look”, and how many new models are released) some people prefer certain years to others but each iteration is an attempt to better the previous. 

But in response pieces released this year... 

I’ve been loving my 72, no it’s not a jacket and I’ll never zip it into a shell so it’s a really expensive shirt, but the cut is perfect for DS.

P30 is my only venture into drop-crotchery, but again particularly the CH version has been a pleasant much more wearable design than I imagined. 

The J74 has been a dreamy surprise, thinner and lighter than it should be and the silkyness really stands out as an uber comfortable and easy layering piece.

J47a-ws is something I’ve been waiting for, being in SoCal GT is usually overkill so having a truly ACR-DNA jacket I can wear year round is perfect.

3A that’s not just an mz3 or 5 !?!? Seriously, we’ve been clamoring for these for years... mz2ts and mz1 are 2 of my all-timers.

Not to mention GT in volt and white!

I guess I’ve been more pleasantly surprised by offerings this year than anything.

4 hours ago, rmc said:

Would True to size work or def size up 1 like Errolson? Any complaints with this piece?

People talked about the size here, they are tts. I think E is wearing Medium on the look. 

21 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

I mean, I get what you're saying but what we like about designers is their design language and development. You forgot about the NG8 being the NG1/2. Also, the P22 is a straight legged culotte and the 69 is more like a coaches jacket. In terms of hits, people tend to buy the ones that are closest to his older stuff so the other newer things just sit. I think that's why he needs to keep releasing those items. Iterations of J1/28/36/47 P10/23 will sell out into the foreseeable future, why would he stop? The 59, 66, 73, and 74 are pretty new but people would rather buy "old" new stuff rather than the "new" new stuff.

Honestly, re: the 3As, who knows? He's successful, probably running a larger business, I ain't mad at the man eating.

He mad. The P24A is quite different to the P3 from over a decade ago and probably the most interesting trouser pattern ACR has made in a while. 

1 hour ago, drgitlin said:

He mad. The P24A is quite different to the P3 from over a decade ago and probably the most interesting trouser pattern ACR has made in a while. 

I agree. The pattern is deceptively complex and produces an interesting silhouette as a result. The knees to cuff are very interesting. I’m used to my P10’s ‘changing shape’ dependent on what angle they’re viewed from, but the 24A’s are very structurally dynamic and change your lower profile drastically depending on the POV. 

2nd on the really interesting cut of the p24a's.

standing still, they look deceptively straight-leg and the bagginess is hardly recognizable. however once in motion, you can definitely see the volume in the legs and it looks so much better while moving. 

So I’ve always been a bit baffled by the measurements given for Acronym’s sizing charts. Always assumed I was a medium, but when I tried on the J58 I found it too tight through the chest, and I’ve had a similar problem with some SISP jackets.

So my question is: do you guys take the same size in Veilance that you do in Acronym? What about mainline Arc’teryx? I’m solidly a medium in both, so it would help to know how the two brands compare. One guy told me he sizes up for Acronym vs. Arc’teryx.

38 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

So I’ve always been a bit baffled by the measurements given for Acronym’s sizing charts. Always assumed I was a medium, but when I tried on the J58 I found it too tight through the chest, and I’ve had a similar problem with some SISP jackets.

So my question is: do you guys take the same size in Veilance that you do in Acronym? What about mainline Arc’teryx? I’m solidly a medium in both, so it would help to know how the two brands compare. One guy told me he sizes up for Acronym vs. Arc’teryx.

Really depends on the fit of each Acronym jacket. My general rule is that I size up for Profile fitting jackets and stay with my regular size for Straight fitting jackets. J58 is tight in the chest because the fit is Profile and supposed to layer underneath shells. 

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

As a rule of thumb I'm an M in Arc'teryx (mainline and Veilance - I have a Veilance Field Jacket in L, but wear it over multiple layers) and an L in Acronym jackets (profile and straight). 

Really depends on the jacket and/or generation. I have a J1A-GT and J47TS-GT (both in L) and while both spec sheets indicate the cuts as 'straight', the J1 feels closer to a 'profile' cut; to the point where wearing it over my J58 make things uncomfortably tight (could easily size up) - the J47 has room for a liner and then some. This is to say that the notion of what is 'straight' and 'profile' seems to have evolved over time and that following/comparing product measurements is a much more reliable rubric for sizing.

3A-5TS + 3A-MK2 + 3A-MZ2TS + 3A-MZ1

I chose to rig the 5TS with only X-PAC mods. The MK2 is spacious as to be expected, I chose the MZ2TS for the other side so that the bag does not become too long, it is much more compact and flat as compared to the MK2, limited in space in spite of it’s size. The MZ1 is like a long accessories holder, for cables, pens, etc.

EA423A88-98D1-4715-B8EC-84D43AFACAA4.jpeg

351BA2DB-C409-4FCE-A0A1-FE0C53323D4D.jpeg

1 hour ago, skycrawler said:

3A-5TS + 3A-MK2 + 3A-MZ2TS + 3A-MZ1

I chose to rig the 5TS with only X-PAC mods. The MK2 is spacious as to be expected, I chose the MZ2TS for the other side so that the bag does not become too long, it is much more compact and flat as compared to the MK2, limited in space in spite of it’s size. The MZ1 is like a long accessories holder, for cables, pens, etc.

EA423A88-98D1-4715-B8EC-84D43AFACAA4.jpeg

351BA2DB-C409-4FCE-A0A1-FE0C53323D4D.jpeg

I did pretty much same set, but changed the mk2 to mk1 one the side, which is really handful.IMG_5518.thumb.jpg.1e57dd3f5b68aeaa1154882c4cb0c936.jpg

Could someone please help me out with the 1/2 chest measurements for the J1B-S (at the least, L and XL)?

Looking to pull the trigger, but getting conflicting information from Sellers, END and other sources...

Thanks @eyesolation.

I have conflicting measurements from END, with the 58/61cm for the L/XL, respectively. One of the Sellers has echoed these measurements, so I'm pretty confused.

The Firmament measurements also seem overstated... I expect the cut to be tighter than the J28-GT, which has a 62/65cm 1/2 chest for L/XL, respectively.

Any thoughts? Would someone that actually owns one be able to confirm?

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

Thanks @eyesolation.

I have conflicting measurements from END, with the 58/61cm for the L/XL, respectively. One of the Sellers has echoed these measurements, so I'm pretty confused.

The Firmament measurements also seem overstated... I expect the cut to be tighter than the J28-GT, which has a 62/65cm 1/2 chest for L/XL, respectively.

Any thoughts? Would someone that actually owns one be able to confirm?

I have the J1B and J28 in medium. I can't confirm the exact measurements for L/XL but I would say the J1B fits "roomier" than the J28.

8 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

I have the J1B and J28 in medium. I can't confirm the exact measurements for L/XL but I would say the J1B fits "roomier" than the J28.

Thanks @deathrazr... Any chance that you could give a measurement of the actual garment, just to confirm against the Firmament measurements?

Anyone run into issues with delayed customs clearance when trying to return something to Acronym? I sent back something using my local courier (stupid in hindsight, but UPS was charging something ridiculous) and it's been over a week without any updates. Acronym customer service hasn't responded to my emails either which is strange.

9 hours ago, MangoSushi said:

Anyone run into issues with delayed customs clearance when trying to return something to Acronym? I sent back something using my local courier (stupid in hindsight, but UPS was charging something ridiculous) and it's been over a week without any updates. Acronym customer service hasn't responded to my emails either which is strange.

Yes - exact same thing happened to me. Good news is it sat in customs for a week and a half but then was delivered no problem - just received my refund last night for something I shipped back weeks ago. I would still probably email and make sure they know where its at and supply tracking info etc. 

36 minutes ago, awex said:

Yes - exact same thing happened to me. Good news is it sat in customs for a week and a half but then was delivered no problem - just received my refund last night for something I shipped back weeks ago. I would still probably email and make sure they know where its at and supply tracking info etc. 

Okay, that's a relief. I emailed them all the info a couple of days ago but they haven't replied yet so I was getting anxious.

when I examined the tracking for my shipment it seems like Česká pošta put the package in a warehouse somewhere and sent acronym dynamics s.r.o. an old fashioned letter telling them their package was in a warehouse... I can see why they recommend UPS 

Ceska Posta makes you prove value etc before they release a package, and they're actually quite quick about processing - delays would be from the time it takes the recipient to supply documentation. You can sign up to do it digitally, but I guess ACR isn't quite at that level yet :D 

Source: live in Prague

any company/organization with "ceska" in the name sucks.

11 minutes ago, danii said:

any company/organization with "ceska" in the name sucks.

:D And yet they're still better than USPS.

Are there any reputable sites that sell rarer/older pieces?

Regret selling my J28GT back in the day, may be in the market for another or something.

On 23/11/2018 at 1:26 AM, rmc said:

Anyone with the J65-AK can comment on how you like it and on fit/sizing?  Would True to size work or def size up 1 like Errolson? Any complaints with this piece?

Personally I feel J65 actually runs BIG, not small.  But I never tried my TTS so I can't say for sure.  For reference, I am usually sz L, and I tried and could fit sz S (still ok with a tee inside, but I would not be able to wear a hoodie), tried sz XL as well and it was just WAY too big (I imagine I could fit a hoodie AND a shell inside and still have room). 

However the material may actually shrink (?) if you wash it... so maybe it would fit tighter down the road, I am not sure.

Cheers to all!
I am looking out for a J25-WS. Any thoughts / recommendations regarding the different generations (gen 1.0 in 2012 and gen 1.1 in 2016) and the sizing?
In the pages before I found the same question but no answers. Sorry if I oversaw something.
Thanks in advance to y'all!

15 hours ago, ztrevs said:

Are there any reputable sites that sell rarer/older pieces?

Regret selling my J28GT back in the day, may be in the market for another or something.

you'll have to hunt through various marketplaces such as grailed, yjp, rakuten, sufu, and such. No actual sites sell it unless it's a consignment. 

out of the game for a long time now.

i found my old 3a-5ts at my parents house from like...08/09? what the fuck are today's prices?! i recall buying it for ~350 retail at purist in san jose