Acronym.

Westbrook

Anyone run into issues with delayed customs clearance when trying to return something to Acronym? I sent back something using my local courier (stupid in hindsight, but UPS was charging something ridiculous) and it's been over a week without any updates. Acronym customer service hasn't responded to my emails either which is strange.

9 hours ago, MangoSushi said:

Anyone run into issues with delayed customs clearance when trying to return something to Acronym? I sent back something using my local courier (stupid in hindsight, but UPS was charging something ridiculous) and it's been over a week without any updates. Acronym customer service hasn't responded to my emails either which is strange.

Yes - exact same thing happened to me. Good news is it sat in customs for a week and a half but then was delivered no problem - just received my refund last night for something I shipped back weeks ago. I would still probably email and make sure they know where its at and supply tracking info etc. 

36 minutes ago, awex said:

Yes - exact same thing happened to me. Good news is it sat in customs for a week and a half but then was delivered no problem - just received my refund last night for something I shipped back weeks ago. I would still probably email and make sure they know where its at and supply tracking info etc. 

Okay, that's a relief. I emailed them all the info a couple of days ago but they haven't replied yet so I was getting anxious.

when I examined the tracking for my shipment it seems like Česká pošta put the package in a warehouse somewhere and sent acronym dynamics s.r.o. an old fashioned letter telling them their package was in a warehouse... I can see why they recommend UPS 

Ceska Posta makes you prove value etc before they release a package, and they're actually quite quick about processing - delays would be from the time it takes the recipient to supply documentation. You can sign up to do it digitally, but I guess ACR isn't quite at that level yet :D 

Source: live in Prague

On 23/11/2018 at 1:26 AM, rmc said:

Anyone with the J65-AK can comment on how you like it and on fit/sizing?  Would True to size work or def size up 1 like Errolson? Any complaints with this piece?

Personally I feel J65 actually runs BIG, not small.  But I never tried my TTS so I can't say for sure.  For reference, I am usually sz L, and I tried and could fit sz S (still ok with a tee inside, but I would not be able to wear a hoodie), tried sz XL as well and it was just WAY too big (I imagine I could fit a hoodie AND a shell inside and still have room). 

However the material may actually shrink (?) if you wash it... so maybe it would fit tighter down the road, I am not sure.

Cheers to all!
I am looking out for a J25-WS. Any thoughts / recommendations regarding the different generations (gen 1.0 in 2012 and gen 1.1 in 2016) and the sizing?
In the pages before I found the same question but no answers. Sorry if I oversaw something.
Thanks in advance to y'all!

15 hours ago, ztrevs said:

Are there any reputable sites that sell rarer/older pieces?

Regret selling my J28GT back in the day, may be in the market for another or something.

you'll have to hunt through various marketplaces such as grailed, yjp, rakuten, sufu, and such. No actual sites sell it unless it's a consignment. 

28 minutes ago, rezz said:

out of the game for a long time now.

i found my old 3a-5ts at my parents house from like...08/09? what the fuck are today's prices?! i recall buying it for ~350 retail at purist in san jose

That year probably means it's a Limonta version? Price would heavily depend on the condition, particularly the material's fading. Do you have any pictures?

hoping somebody can help me out,

I'm going to buy my first pair of ACR pants but i'm noticing discrepencies in the pictures posted online for the P23TS-S

in some pictures they appear to be a cropped pant ending high above the ankle and in others they seem to extend down, at least touching the top of the ankle (see pictures)

Is this just due to the model's height?

is this due to how they are sitting around the model's hips?

Is this a dumb question with a super obvious answer? probably.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.59 PM.png

5 minutes ago, esper said:

hoping somebody can help me out,

I'm going to buy my first pair of ACR pants but i'm noticing discrepencies in the pictures posted online for the P23TS-S

in some pictures they appear to be a cropped pant ending high above the ankle and in others they seem to extend down, at least touching the top of the ankle (see pictures)

Is this just due to the model's height?

is this due to how they are sitting around the model's hips?

Is this a dumb question with a super obvious answer? probably.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.29.59 PM.png

The top picture is from END, who is known for their shit styling/sizing of ACR. Pretty sure that dude is 6'3 rocking a small.

42 minutes ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

The top picture is from END, who is known for their shit styling/sizing of ACR. Pretty sure that dude is 6'3 rocking a small.

thanks for the help! Why they would style them like that is completely beyond me i need my ankles to be  w a r m

4 hours ago, kriztopher said:

I am in the market for a mid layer. Can anyone comment on the J72-AK in terms of warmth? How does it compare to J58 and J74?

Also, anyone with inside news on that new J1A with the flipped collar? I think it would look much better with the collar stand up. 

Heard the J74 isn't terribly warm. The 58 is a beast for warm imo. There's some chatter about the AV Mionn vs the 58 a few pages back. Comfort temps are subjective but I would think they'd rank 74<72<58 under a shell.

edit: @esper never take any sizing advice from END lol

Edited by wexler

37 minutes ago, esper said:

thanks for the help! Why they would style them like that is completely beyond me i need my ankles to be  w a r m

For P23 (and some other wide pants) you should size based on length/inseam more than anything else.  The waist will be laughably large on all sizes, and therefore almost completely irrelevant (unless you're at the extremes of really large or small waist).

23 hours ago, saskey said:

Cheers to all!
I am looking out for a J25-WS. Any thoughts / recommendations regarding the different generations (gen 1.0 in 2012 and gen 1.1 in 2016) and the sizing?
In the pages before I found the same question but no answers. Sorry if I oversaw something.
Thanks in advance to y'all!

The earlier generation is a different Windstopper.  It has a smoother outer face and is a little quieter.  The later generation I think is the same WS used in recent pieces, and is a little louder with a more textured surface.  Can't comment on sizing or anything, but they should be pretty similar.  I've been using my first gen for years with no issues, can't go wrong with either.  

30 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

The earlier generation is a different Windstopper.  It has a smoother outer face and is a little quieter.  The later generation I think is the same WS used in recent pieces, and is a little louder with a more textured surface.  Can't comment on sizing or anything, but they should be pretty similar.  I've been using my first gen for years with no issues, can't go wrong with either.  

And it fits very slim profile.

1 hour ago, esper said:

It's probably because they went with the waist size that fit the model. It also looks like the cuff of the second layer was pulled up which is also an odd choice. The sizing looks similar on notre but with the cuff pulled down - https://www.notre-shop.com/collections/acronym/products/p23a-s-in-raf-green

19 minutes ago, SNg said:

It's probably because they went with the waist size that fit the model. It also looks like the cuff of the second layer was pulled up which is also an odd choice. 

Keep in mind this is also the shop that ties the draw string together on all the wide pants... 

8 hours ago, wexler said:

Heard the J74 isn't terribly warm. The 58 is a beast for warm imo. There's some chatter about the AV Mionn vs the 58 a few pages back. Comfort temps are subjective but I would think they'd rank 74<72<58 under a shell.

edit: @esper never take any sizing advice from END lol

Thanks. I feel cold easily so I am always on the lookout for the warmest possible mid layer. I was hoping that the J72-AK could beat the J58. 

15 hours ago, thatslapz said:

This is the exact advice I was after, thank you @thatslapz (and @saskey for driving it out!)

Does the first gen also have a dual zipper so that it can be zipped to the top and then unzipped from the bottom? None of the images that I've found for the first gen show this functionality...

@HeckHouse are you wearing the j69 in the first image? 

I've been on the fence regarding the j69 as I've been after a rather minimal gtx shell that has all the bells and whistles under the facade of simplicity (similar to the early sisp designs and philosophy). I really like the jacket and I would have picked it up earlier but the two things holding me back were the raw edge reverse seams and the lack of a detachable hood (which could have been integrated in the form of press stud closure on the black Velcro tapes, as additional tapes ofcourse). I've also been contemplating the possibility of inserting studs on the black logo tapes and using the hood from the acg ss18 jacket when it's pouring but that would only secure the hood as a 2 point latch as opposed to 3. 

Could you kindly chime in on how the jacket has been holding up so far? 

This was the standout jacket for me this season besides the mid layers (72 and 65) and as cool as the 47 is, I can't get behind the maximalism (Not to mention the weight). The 47R gt is excellent imo.