Westbrook

Acronym.

I'd like to see bagjack's 3 point strap on someone's 3a. I'll be picking one up once I get a 3a, myself.

22 hours ago, eyesolation said:

wait mine didn't come with any patches ... which pocket are they supposed to be in? only had the infinium tag in one of the side pockets ... fml

They were in the chest pockets, probably per Danwise's explanation.  

8 hours ago, paper2k1 said:

WTH, just got my order from the mods drop

i find that one of mp2ts is missing, even though been charged.

by the way, my 1st impression of 3a-wb2

much thinner than I expected and almost looks like women's skinny belts

Hopefully they are quick to resolve this.  Sounds like this happened during the clothing drop for at least a couple people and they got sorted out.

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:

I'd like to see bagjack's 3 point strap on someone's 3a. I'll be picking one up once I get a 3a, myself.

I’ll try to remember to dig mine out of storage and post a pic in the next couple days.

Trying out configurations...

I’ve seen photos with a 3A-MK2 on the center of a 3A-6TS but wondered if it’s possible to mount two side by a side on 3A-5TS.

- It’s possible but you can only close the center buckle.

- The height of the modular is too tall and the upper MOLLE is to low for the buckle to clear the modular. 

- If use one MK2 you can close the center and opposite end buckles. 

FF090F4C-1E3B-4136-BEC1-F1C9ADBA6C89.jpeg

A4B171D1-218C-442A-97A7-4B6FF4EAC097.jpeg

Edited by zeusneckone

The best way for two MK2s is on the sides.

Also confirming, what @thatslapz said. A MK1 (left) can fit between the buckle straps but a MK3 is a better fit. 

4DBB734A-2455-4F2B-9FC2-37ED3E6938E5.jpeg

3 hours ago, zeusneckone said:

The best way for two MK2s is on the sides.

Also confirming, what @thatslapz said. A MK1 (left) can fit between the buckle straps but a MK3 is a better fit. 

Those look familiar ;), glad you finally got your MK2s man setup looks great.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:57 PM, symbebekos said:

Just ordered a black 3A-13TS. Judging from the photos, it looks to me like that stitched strip of fabric at the top can be used as a handle?

can you give a review of the 13ts?  curious as to how people like it.  no handles and side zips made this a lost cause for me. Thought about the trolley handle being a sub for the actual handle but dont even think its worth it anymore.

55 minutes ago, segue said:

can you give a review of the 13ts?  curious as to how people like it.  no handles and side zips made this a lost cause for me. Thought about the trolley handle being a sub for the actual handle but dont even think its worth it anymore.

I should have held out for the right 8TS. The 13TS feels too boxy with the liner, and I lied to myself about being OK without the handle. I can't give a proper review because I stuck it in the closet and went back to my 3A-3TS with mods. 

Edited by symbebekos

3 hours ago, segue said:

Same. They recently updated the description on the site to remove a mention comparing it to the 8TS as well

13 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

Same. They recently updated the description on the site to remove a mention comparing it to the 8TS as well

I noticed that little detail too. 13ts is the most boring 3A I'm hoping we'll ever see. This 3A release in general, not to tear it down again, was just lacking that aggressive ACR look I think we all hold so dearly to our hearts. Even the new 3a-1's i've encountered since spring release this year just look cookie-cutter AF in person, very pupiltravel-esq handfeel imo. Definitely not worth those new price points.

And, if a 13ts-sized bag is what you're looking for, I would HIGHLY recommend Aoku 130402 when it restocks! (not to get off topic)

1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

I noticed that little detail too. 13ts is the most boring 3A I'm hoping we'll ever see. This 3A release in general, not to tear it down again, was just lacking that aggressive ACR look I think we all hold so dearly to our hearts. Even the new 3a-1's i've encountered since spring release this year just look cookie-cutter AF in person, very pupiltravel-esq handfeel imo. Definitely not worth those new price points.

And, if a 13ts-sized bag is what you're looking for, I would HIGHLY recommend Aoku 130402 when it restocks! (not to get off topic)

I have to admit, I agree. The colourways are a bit lacklustre when compared to some of the older releases (esp. the laminate with the two-tone straps and hardware).

Having said that I am a big fan of the new XPAC, and I really feel like it lives up to the blurb. I've been using mine daily, and it really feels like it will get a lot of mileage, whereas my laminates are starting to peel crumble like Ryvita (wabi sabi, amiright fellas??)

Edit: I think it's also worth mentioning that there have been plenty of aggressive designs this year -- J47A-WS, J47TS-GT, NG4-PS, NG9-PS, P23A-DS, P27-DS, P27H-DS, P24A-S, and SP28TS-DS -- which have been complimented by more muted designs such as the J69-GT, P22-DS, and colourways of the 3A drop to name but a few. I also see this reflected in the re-edit of the logo on the 3As, which appears more toned down than the past iterations.

What I really like about this is not that it signals a complete move from the past, but just demonstrates that they are capable of producing hits in more than one note. So far, it's been a fantastic year IMO.

Edited by lopiteaux
Got inspired.

I’m also really happy with the x42 fabric not only because of the durability but that it looks especially good in the olive color way. I’ve seen black vx42 which is the same face fabric but with just the taffeta backing but prefer the vx07 In black or navy. If they released the same navy tone of the vx07 in the OG xpac in x42 I would lose my mind. 

Edited by segue
Typo

1 minute ago, segue said:

especially good in the olive color way 

I fully agree... all the 3A items I picked up were in black, but I've now got a second order of olive iterations coming, and I've got a feeling that the rest of the black pieces will eventually go back or to market.

The last picture of the 3A-5 shows a woman with the CP and an Olive Jacket. Will it be an upcoming one ?

2 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

I think it's also worth mentioning that there have been plenty of aggressive designs this year -- J47A-WS, J47TS-GT, NG4-PS, NG9-PS, P23A-DS, P27-DS, P27H-DS, P24A-S, and SP28TS-DS -- which have been complimented by more muted designs such as the J69-GT, P22-DS

J47A-WS – same jacket from FW-1516, in cheaper fabric, but priced as much as original one.

J47TS-GT  – same jacket from FW-1516, with tec-sys instead of pocket LOL, priced almost twice as much as original one. 

NG4-PS – is NG3-PS from FW1516

NG9-PS – castrated version of NG3-PS

P23A-DS – P17 with cuffs, sorry, P23 with pockets (I like them though)

P27-DS, P27H-DS – P25's with slightly shorter in leg and drop. WOW!

P24A-S – upgraded version of WS-P3A from FW-0506?

SP28TS-DS – I don't even want to talk about these LMAO.

J69-GT – uglier version of GT-J22 from SS-12?

P22-DS – Lazy version of P17 with ugly cut.

the 3A drop to name but a few

Every single bag is worse than the original x-pac released 10 years ago, not just from design stand point, but functionally. Remove inner padding, remove pockets, logos, triple the price and call it "striped down version" LMAO. As for 3A modulars and prices, I don't even want to talk about them. 

What I really like about this is not that it signals a complete move from the past, but just demonstrates that they are capable of producing hits in more than one note. So far, it's been a fantastic year IMO.

Oh yeah? Name at least one original *hit* he released this fantastic year. 

Edited by Rough Sleeper

39 minutes ago, Rough Sleeper said:

J47A-WS – same jacket from FW-1516, in cheaper fabric, but priced as much as original one.

J47TS-GT  – same jacket from FW-1516, with tec-sys instead of pocket LOL, priced almost twice as much as original one. 

Every single bag is worse than the original x-pac released 10 years ago, not just from design stand point, but functionally. Remove inner padding, remove pockets, logos, triple the price and call it "striped down version" LMAO. As for 3A modulars and prices, I don't even want to talk about them. 

You're right, everything was trash what was I thinking.

just managed to reverse my 3a-3ts to my left hand, as I am a left-hander. 

I don’t really use the INTEROPSǽ thing, since I feel like it is not convenient to get things from bag when I wear a hardshell. 

Btw do you guys usually wear a bag under hardshell?

IMG_0884.HEIC

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

21 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

do you guys usually wear a bag under hardshell?

Under a hardshell, yes. With Interops? No, never. It looks cool, but in practice, I've found interops just doesnt really make things easier or work particularly well, but thats just one man's opinion.

3 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

I mean, I get what you're saying but what we like about designers is their design language and development. You forgot about the NG8 being the NG1/2. Also, the P22 is a straight legged culotte and the 69 is more like a coaches jacket. In terms of hits, people tend to buy the ones that are closest to his older stuff so the other newer things just sit. I think that's why he needs to keep releasing those items. Iterations of J1/28/36/47 P10/23 will sell out into the foreseeable future, why would he stop? The 59, 66, 73, and 74 are pretty new but people would rather buy "old" new stuff rather than the "new" new stuff.

Honestly, re: the 3As, who knows? He's successful, probably running a larger business, I ain't mad at the man eating.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:02 AM, Kamikaze said:

Does anyone have any feedback on the J46fo? Seems to be chilling on the main site and I wanted a long coat for a while. 

I ordered the J46-FO with low expectations but have been pleasantly surprised by it. First impression was that it's very light for how substantial / bulky it is. Really comfortable to wear and although I haven't field tested it yet, seems like the Climashield insulation will work well for winter. Was very toasty when I tried it on. 

One of my biggest reservations before buying was the hood & hood stowing mechanism. As others have alluded to, the hood is very thin; however, this also allows it to pack up with minimal bulk. I was impressed by how well the collar hides the hood, especially since the hood includes a shock cord. If packed properly, it's barely perceptible. Another added benefit is that the collar doubles as a great neck warmer when the hood is stowed (couple extra layers of FO around the neck). Pretty clever stuff. Aside from the thinness, the hood itself is fine, functions well and can be cinched. 

As for the FO fabric, the texture is mostly soft and smooth but a bit crinkly to the touch. Not sure how else to describe it, you'd have to handle it for yourself. The fabric will patina over time, and you'll see the high wear areas develop more shine. 

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. Think it's a piece that's been slept on this season, but that's probably attributed to the crazy price and experimental nature of the fabric. Happy to answer any other questions if you had any in particular. 

13 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

To be clear, my statement was that there were plenty of aggressive designs. Yes, this year included plenty of iterations of fan favourites, but as @chaosen pointed out, this is what a lot of people, myself included, appreciate about the brand.

I don’t own the original X-Pac iteration, so can’t compare, but unless I’m missing something I’m pretty sure the functionality is unimpaired (the pockets are most certainly still there).

As for the price - this is a much debated topic this year, and I’m not sure what value there is in repeating what’s already been said. Yes, it’s more expensive. Yes, we still keep buying. And to be honest, I’m happy that I have more time to decide, to discuss it properly, to let it grow on me, and to make a decision. I feel that the higher price point has made me a more conscious consumer, and I appreciate that, whether inadvertent or not.

Regarding the modulars… I agree that the release has been a little underwhelming, but I feel that there is a theme in the use of less aggressive colour contrasts and materials. I probably won’t end up keeping any of the modulars, but that does not make it an inferior product. I do not need to like and/or purchase every single item that they release in order to respect the brand, what they do, and how they do it.

I know that that can branded as naïve idolisation, but don’t really care.

Name at least one original *hit* he released this fantastic year. 

You could argue that neither the J69 nor P22 were “hits”, as they’re still sitting on the racks, but I love them both.

FYI, I've received a Black Friday discount code -- "BLACKTHANKS" -- from The Bureau Belfast. They've still got a few pieces left, although not sure if the code applies to ACRONYM as they state "certain items excluded".

14 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

although not sure if the code applies to ACRONYM as they state "certain items excluded".

Tried it. Doesn't work. Does work for Veilance though.

Anyone with the J65-AK can comment on how you like it and on fit/sizing?  Would True to size work or def size up 1 like Errolson? Any complaints with this piece?