Acronym.

Westbrook

11 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

interesting to hear, glad yours made it back.  I had the three small patches of fabric in my original order, I took them out before I returned mine just in case they ended up sending a new/different jacket without the patches lol.  

Was actually surprised they gave me a brand new jacket considering i wore mine heavily in the rain and light snow. I wanted to get the most use out of it before I sent it back. Curious to know what they do with the old jackets if they send everyone brand new jackets. Can they "clean" it up and sell it as brand new again? :huh:

Is the 5ts an adequate bag for hiking trips? I would be carrying a camera, spare lens, water, snacks, and my shell/jacket. I know people say its a burden on their shoulder if its a heavy load but ive seen people wear the 5ts vertically like a backpack with the waist strap on the other shoulder. Does that work well? I used my 3a-1 on the last hike it was a little rough on the shoulder.

17 minutes ago, bacontowel said:

Is the 5ts an adequate bag for hiking trips? I would be carrying a camera, spare lens, water, snacks, and my shell/jacket. I know people say its a burden on their shoulder if its a heavy load but ive seen people wear the 5ts vertically like a backpack with the waist strap on the other shoulder. Does that work well? I used my 3a-1 on the last hike it was a little rough on the shoulder.

tbh just get a hiking backpack. I would not want to carry any sort of asymmetrical load for an extended period of time. It's not good for your posture. Even if you can wear the 5ts like a backpack, a real hiking backpack would do the same job... except better.

Edited by bluecrush

18 minutes ago, bacontowel said:

Sounds like you've answered your own question but are in denial.

1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

interesting to hear, glad yours made it back.  I had the three small patches of fabric in my original order, I took them out before I returned mine just in case they ended up sending a new/different jacket without the patches lol.  

wait mine didn't come with any patches ... which pocket are they supposed to be in? only had the infinium tag in one of the side pockets ... fml

6 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I enjoyed the actual interview bits. Some new info (for me at least) in there.

I definitely perked up when Errolson said they have 40-something Kit-1's sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Hit him up on twitter about it and he said there's no chance of getting one. LOL.

The 3 patches of Infinium are there to stop the zipper heads making an impression/tearing the fabric on the front pockets.

I got the same jacket back, pretty certain it was cleaned too (maybe steam cleaned etc). Very carefully packed so as to not wrinkle the front pockets.

3 minutes ago, Danwise said:

The 3 patches of Infinium are there to stop the zipper heads making an impression/tearing the fabric on the front pockets.

I got the same jacket back, pretty certain it was cleaned too (maybe steam cleaned etc). Very carefully packed so as to not wrinkle the front pockets.

Good to know thanks, I guess I should have left them in haha

22 hours ago, emenel said:

You can tease, but I ordered one of those with my larger order. The added cost when ordering other stuff is negligible. And to be honest, I just like it even if it’s totally rediculous. 

Well, replying to myself with an update. I got the shipment today. The modulars I got are the MTS1, MTS2, and MTS4.

The MTS2 is disappointing. It doesn't actually fit any of the pens that I use in a useful way. 

The MTS1 is cute, but also not quite what I was expecting. It's actually too big to usefully hold my USB drive, and the button gets in the way.

MTS4 is great and will be in a permanent home on my P23TS-CH.

the 1 and 2 will probably get returned. I really wanted them to be useful as I love the array of small sizes and if my USB drive and pens had actually fit I would be keeping them.

EDIT: Also, I want more CH pants. 

Edited by emenel

MP2TS: Got two in olive because I struck out in the black color.  The mods came online as I was waking up so these will have to do.  Standard issue and we all know the prognosis with these.  Both sides being TS makes it a very useful pouch.  Already put my flippers (2) in one and a Leatherman Wave (w/ bit kits and extension driver) in the other.  Good purchases.

MTS3: I was looking at this thing sideways online but decided to cop after I understood the concept.  Favorite piece of the drop.  It fits a Fluke Power voltage meter (pen) perfectly.  Also got an Extech temperature pen in there without issue and it’ll work for my USBéton M as well.  Nice pick-up for P10 carabiner attaching w/ a few bagack links for my key rings.  I’ll often use it on the pants but can hide it behind any of my MZ’s on a bag or jacket.  Likely going to get the black too.

MTS4: Copped in black and it will forever house my AirPods.  Works as advertised with TS and fits comfy in an MZ3 as well. I’ll pair it with J64TS-S often.  Thinking about copping in olive also.

MTS6: Copped in olive (total mistake since I now see the black pairs better with both my P23TS’) but am happy with it nonetheless.  Have yet to try and see how my S95 fits into it but hope my S95 fits into it.  It’s pretty much the main reason this was copped.  If not, I’ll be repurposing it for cables, chargers or similar.  I like the profile and it makes the TS wearables that much more functional.

MZ4: Copped in black as my main compartment accompaniment to J64TS-S.  I hope the combo with J1A makes my Dual Front Zip much more effective now that I have an internal pocket I can go to.  Very nice, durable, sturdy face and it fit every other mod I purchased.  An added bonus when you can do that and go home without any added bulk.

Still super curious about MTS1 to be honest.  Please send your comments if you’ve copped, as I’m very intrigued.

Gonna chime in, as my shipment has arrived as well in the meanwhile. Still a bit bummed I couldn't get the black MP2TS... but anyway, here we go:

MTS1/MTS2 are gimmicky fashion items imho, definitely not worth their price - but I kind of expected that and got them mostly for collection purposes. Ironically the cheaper MTS3 turns out to be more useful due to its easy to access top entry mechanism. The latter also makes it also possible to put it on in reverse to show the acrnm logo, which is neat. MTS4/5 are pretty much as before, but I prefer the old versions for their leather trim, and the previous MTS4 also had the logo tape, as well as 2 magnetic strips - it's really disappointing that they ditched the latter. MTS6 is actually the best bang for the buck and my favorite item in this drop.

MK1/2/3 are the usual deal - the black ones also looks nice on L2 bags. I think this is well known, but if you have a 5TS/6TS you definitely want to get two MK3s, same goes for 8TS/13TS owners getting the MK2. 

MZ1/MZ2TS are a great alternative to the MKs, they feel much more solid/structured than the latter. I'm a bit torn on the new zipper pulls though. From a utilitarian viewpoint they're great - the short end is very easy to grab - and the interconnected long end makes it really easy to close both zippers in a single pull. The only downside is that the pulls stick out quite a bit when the zippers are closed. They also feel a bit fragile and make me worry that I might tear them when doing that pull on the long end. I didn't get any of the other MZs but I'm a bit on the edge whether to grab the MZ4.

The belt turned out to be thinner / less solid than I expected and thus feels pretty cheap - not really worth it - go get a nice Bagjack mini cobra belt instead.

Edited by eyesolation

WTH, just got my order from the mods drop

i find that one of mp2ts is missing, even though been charged.

by the way, my 1st impression of 3a-wb2

much thinner than I expected and almost looks like women's skinny belts

Edited by paper2k1

So I’ve been on the hunt for a 3A-5TS-style hip belt for my 3A-1.

First I spoke to Bagjack, and they told me they wouldn’t be able to make me one like what they make for Acronym (the hip belts for Bagjack are different)—I have to assume there’s some sort of contract preventing them from doing it. They told me to talk to Acronym instead.

I just heard back from Acronym, and they’re saying they can’t sell the hip belt separately, and I’d have to buy the 5TS to get it.

I’m bummed out, but I also have to wonder what would happen if someone lost/damaged the hip belt for their 5TS or 6TS. Would they not be able to purchase a replacement?

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

So I’ve been on the hunt for a 3A-5TS-style hip belt for my 3A-1.

First I spoke to Bagjack, and they told me they wouldn’t be able to make me one like what they make for Acronym (the hip belts for Bagjack are different)—I have to assume there’s some sort of contract preventing them from doing it. They told me to talk to Acronym instead.

I just heard back from Acronym, and they’re saying they can’t sell the hip belt separately, and I’d have to buy the 5TS to get it.

I’m bummed out, but I also have to wonder what would happen if someone lost/damaged the hip belt for their 5TS or 6TS. Would they not be able to purchase a replacement?

https://www.bagjackshop.com/en/classics/modules-supplies/outer-modules/3-point-strap-system-black/a-1651/

22 hours ago, eyesolation said:

wait mine didn't come with any patches ... which pocket are they supposed to be in? only had the infinium tag in one of the side pockets ... fml

They were in the chest pockets, probably per Danwise's explanation.  

8 hours ago, paper2k1 said:

WTH, just got my order from the mods drop

i find that one of mp2ts is missing, even though been charged.

by the way, my 1st impression of 3a-wb2

much thinner than I expected and almost looks like women's skinny belts

Hopefully they are quick to resolve this.  Sounds like this happened during the clothing drop for at least a couple people and they got sorted out.

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:

I'd like to see bagjack's 3 point strap on someone's 3a. I'll be picking one up once I get a 3a, myself.

I’ll try to remember to dig mine out of storage and post a pic in the next couple days.

Trying out configurations...

I’ve seen photos with a 3A-MK2 on the center of a 3A-6TS but wondered if it’s possible to mount two side by a side on 3A-5TS.

- It’s possible but you can only close the center buckle.

- The height of the modular is too tall and the upper MOLLE is to low for the buckle to clear the modular. 

- If use one MK2 you can close the center and opposite end buckles. 

FF090F4C-1E3B-4136-BEC1-F1C9ADBA6C89.jpeg

A4B171D1-218C-442A-97A7-4B6FF4EAC097.jpeg

Edited by zeusneckone

On 10/1/2018 at 1:57 PM, symbebekos said:

Just ordered a black 3A-13TS. Judging from the photos, it looks to me like that stitched strip of fabric at the top can be used as a handle?

can you give a review of the 13ts?  curious as to how people like it.  no handles and side zips made this a lost cause for me. Thought about the trolley handle being a sub for the actual handle but dont even think its worth it anymore.

55 minutes ago, segue said:

can you give a review of the 13ts?  curious as to how people like it.  no handles and side zips made this a lost cause for me. Thought about the trolley handle being a sub for the actual handle but dont even think its worth it anymore.

I should have held out for the right 8TS. The 13TS feels too boxy with the liner, and I lied to myself about being OK without the handle. I can't give a proper review because I stuck it in the closet and went back to my 3A-3TS with mods. 

Edited by symbebekos

3 hours ago, segue said:

Same. They recently updated the description on the site to remove a mention comparing it to the 8TS as well

13 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

Same. They recently updated the description on the site to remove a mention comparing it to the 8TS as well

I noticed that little detail too. 13ts is the most boring 3A I'm hoping we'll ever see. This 3A release in general, not to tear it down again, was just lacking that aggressive ACR look I think we all hold so dearly to our hearts. Even the new 3a-1's i've encountered since spring release this year just look cookie-cutter AF in person, very pupiltravel-esq handfeel imo. Definitely not worth those new price points.

And, if a 13ts-sized bag is what you're looking for, I would HIGHLY recommend Aoku 130402 when it restocks! (not to get off topic)

1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

I noticed that little detail too. 13ts is the most boring 3A I'm hoping we'll ever see. This 3A release in general, not to tear it down again, was just lacking that aggressive ACR look I think we all hold so dearly to our hearts. Even the new 3a-1's i've encountered since spring release this year just look cookie-cutter AF in person, very pupiltravel-esq handfeel imo. Definitely not worth those new price points.

And, if a 13ts-sized bag is what you're looking for, I would HIGHLY recommend Aoku 130402 when it restocks! (not to get off topic)

I have to admit, I agree. The colourways are a bit lacklustre when compared to some of the older releases (esp. the laminate with the two-tone straps and hardware).

Having said that I am a big fan of the new XPAC, and I really feel like it lives up to the blurb. I've been using mine daily, and it really feels like it will get a lot of mileage, whereas my laminates are starting to peel crumble like Ryvita (wabi sabi, amiright fellas??)

Edit: I think it's also worth mentioning that there have been plenty of aggressive designs this year -- J47A-WS, J47TS-GT, NG4-PS, NG9-PS, P23A-DS, P27-DS, P27H-DS, P24A-S, and SP28TS-DS -- which have been complimented by more muted designs such as the J69-GT, P22-DS, and colourways of the 3A drop to name but a few. I also see this reflected in the re-edit of the logo on the 3As, which appears more toned down than the past iterations.

What I really like about this is not that it signals a complete move from the past, but just demonstrates that they are capable of producing hits in more than one note. So far, it's been a fantastic year IMO.

Edited by lopiteaux
Got inspired.

I’m also really happy with the x42 fabric not only because of the durability but that it looks especially good in the olive color way. I’ve seen black vx42 which is the same face fabric but with just the taffeta backing but prefer the vx07 In black or navy. If they released the same navy tone of the vx07 in the OG xpac in x42 I would lose my mind. 

Edited by segue
Typo

1 minute ago, segue said:

especially good in the olive color way 

I fully agree... all the 3A items I picked up were in black, but I've now got a second order of olive iterations coming, and I've got a feeling that the rest of the black pieces will eventually go back or to market.

2 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

I think it's also worth mentioning that there have been plenty of aggressive designs this year -- J47A-WS, J47TS-GT, NG4-PS, NG9-PS, P23A-DS, P27-DS, P27H-DS, P24A-S, and SP28TS-DS -- which have been complimented by more muted designs such as the J69-GT, P22-DS

J47A-WS – same jacket from FW-1516, in cheaper fabric, but priced as much as original one.

J47TS-GT  – same jacket from FW-1516, with tec-sys instead of pocket LOL, priced almost twice as much as original one. 

NG4-PS – is NG3-PS from FW1516

NG9-PS – castrated version of NG3-PS

P23A-DS – P17 with cuffs, sorry, P23 with pockets (I like them though)

P27-DS, P27H-DS – P25's with slightly shorter in leg and drop. WOW!

P24A-S – upgraded version of WS-P3A from FW-0506?

SP28TS-DS – I don't even want to talk about these LMAO.

J69-GT – uglier version of GT-J22 from SS-12?

P22-DS – Lazy version of P17 with ugly cut.

the 3A drop to name but a few

Every single bag is worse than the original x-pac released 10 years ago, not just from design stand point, but functionally. Remove inner padding, remove pockets, logos, triple the price and call it "striped down version" LMAO. As for 3A modulars and prices, I don't even want to talk about them. 

What I really like about this is not that it signals a complete move from the past, but just demonstrates that they are capable of producing hits in more than one note. So far, it's been a fantastic year IMO.

Oh yeah? Name at least one original *hit* he released this fantastic year. 

Edited by Rough Sleeper