supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, eyesolation said:

That's actually how I've been using them. I never expected the drawstrings to hold the pants in place while walking or anything, but once I let them go to close my belt, they instantly slide back all the way and don't keep the cinch at all, which makes them pretty useless to me. I mean in that case I could've just pulled the pants together using my belt and not bother with the drawstrings in the first place. Another pet peeve for me is due to the ultra wide waist, the pants basically drop to the ground instantly once you open the belt - it would've been nice if the drawstrings would at least hold the pants in their shape a little bit. Anyway, I guess the strings weren't intended to have any such function then ... gonna try if I can mod them with some webbing sliders to hold the cinch.

Longtime Acronym admirer here! Recently started lurking on this forum to do some research before finally purchasing my first Acronym pieces.

First piece was P27-DS, with the super convenient sliding buckles for the webbing.  Second piece was P22-S, which I assumed had the same buckle system.  Instead, they have the same free drawcord webbing as P23A-S, and they were falling off me in public since I tried going beltless... :blush:  Had to tie the drawcords together -- this worked well, but sacrifices the dangling drawcord aesthetic and left wrinkles in the webbing.

My first solution -- went on Amazon and bought some YKK cam lock lever plastic buckles.  Worked perfectly and, IMO, suited the technical aesthetic of the pants.  I also bought some tri-glide buckle fasteners, very similar to the ones used by Acronym themselves in their beltless drawcord pieces, but these were useless without an extra piece of connecting webbing between the two fasteners to maintain tension and lock the sliders.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GS9L5U6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BJYBDPJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lately, I've been using a belt with my P22-S and the P23A-S from the recent drop.  I don't use the YKK buckles anymore, but they're low profile enough that you could use them in combination with your belt to keep the pants cinched up even when your belt is unbuckled.  I might move to this setup myself for some piece of mind against untimely pants dropping when I'm standing at a urinal, or any other situation where I need to undo my belt without dropping my pants... :rolleyes:

Talking about belts, Eliminator Japan have a new collaboration with Bagjack’s cobra belt - its 30cm longer then usual. It comes in both black and silver buckles. When I wear it tightened, the excess belt strap hangs till my knees - acronym aesthetics. I think its not yet available on web, but interested fellows who live in Tokyo can purchase from their Daikanyama shop :)

http://eliminator.blog.houyhnhnm.jp/entry/2018/11/01/132008

Saw other user post p22 from pages back. It fit as p17 alternative and I would say it’s quite similar to me. 

By any chance you got more fit pics for p22-s as well, would love to see and have more details covered, again?

i def assume it as a underrated pants model for last two seasons.

cheers

@blitzing

1 hour ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

Saw other user post p22 from pages back. It fit as p17 alternative and I would say it’s quite similar to me. 

By any chance you got more fit pics for p22-s as well, would love to see and have more details covered, again?

i def assume it as a underrated pants model for last two seasons.

cheers

@blitzing

I fully agree with your comparison to the P17. In my opinion the P22 is a little more flexible, as it works equally well in a smart outfit.

Here are some random ones I took when I picked them up... Sorry, they're not great photos, nor proper fit pics, but hopefully illustrate my point.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

14 hours ago, blitzing said:

Longtime Acronym admirer here! Recently started lurking on this forum to do some research before finally purchasing my first Acronym pieces.

First piece was P27-DS, with the super convenient sliding buckles for the webbing.  Second piece was P22-S, which I assumed had the same buckle system.  Instead, they have the same free drawcord webbing as P23A-S, and they were falling off me in public since I tried going beltless... :blush:  Had to tie the drawcords together -- this worked well, but sacrifices the dangling drawcord aesthetic and left wrinkles in the webbing.

My first solution -- went on Amazon and bought some YKK cam lock lever plastic buckles.  Worked perfectly and, IMO, suited the technical aesthetic of the pants.  I also bought some tri-glide buckle fasteners, very similar to the ones used by Acronym themselves in their beltless drawcord pieces, but these were useless without an extra piece of connecting webbing between the two fasteners to maintain tension and lock the sliders.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GS9L5U6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BJYBDPJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lately, I've been using a belt with my P22-S and the P23A-S from the recent drop.  I don't use the YKK buckles anymore, but they're low profile enough that you could use them in combination with your belt to keep the pants cinched up even when your belt is unbuckled.  I might move to this setup myself for some piece of mind against untimely pants dropping when I'm standing at a urinal, or any other situation where I need to undo my belt without dropping my pants... :rolleyes:

any chance we could see some p27 fit pics?

Is there/what’s the difference between the xpac used for the SS18 bags, and the ones in the most recent drop? Currently interested in a 3a-1 but it seems like there are differences I’m unsure about..

On 05/06/2018 at 5:17 AM, Toilettebun said:

akes the p10 fit great especially in the DS and CH iteration is that the reinforced knee doesn't make the fabric bunch up around the knee unlike most tapered pants do. The aggresive taper on the p10 l

Bro you're huge! How much does this ninja bench?

13 hours ago, uboraan said:

Bro you're huge! How much does this ninja bench?

attitude checks out lmao

Does anyone here besides Xu own the J73-WS? Wondering if I could see some fit pics on different body types and style of wear.

On 11/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, THREEEYEDSAGE said:

Is there/what’s the difference between the xpac used for the SS18 bags, and the ones in the most recent drop? Currently interested in a 3a-1 but it seems like there are differences I’m unsure about..

If you're talking about the olive 3A-1, it's exactly the same. I believe someone here said it's just a different product shot (color treatment/photo editing).

Edited by X.bee

4 hours ago, X.bee said:

Does anyone here besides Xu own the J73-WS? Wondering if I could see some fit pics on different body types and style of wear.

I owned it briefly, but ended up returning it. Really beautiful cut, extremely lightweight, but putting anything in the pockets (even a wallet) distorts the profile, esp. in the left-hand mesh pocket.

I might be wrong - one man's opinion - but it felt like a beautiful piece that didn't quite stick the landing on function. For what it's worth, I was still tempted to keep it.

Edited by lopiteaux

36 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

It's not him.

you don't say

edit: i really liked acr a lot better before the hype kids made it a cult of personality

Edited by Inkinsurgent

45 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

edit: i really liked acr a lot better before the hype kids made it a cult of personality

Preach.

12 hours ago, X.bee said:

7 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

I owned it briefly, but ended up returning it. Really beautiful cut, extremely lightweight, but putting anything in the pockets (even a wallet) distorts the profile, esp. in the left-hand mesh pocket.

I might be wrong - one man's opinion - but it felt like a beautiful piece that didn't quite stick the landing on function. For what it's worth, I was still tempted to keep it.

I just picked one up and I love it.  The perfect SS jacket for comfort against light breezes.  It's WS so it's negligible weight to carry around all day, and stuffs down really small into a bag if that's your jam.  Contrary to @lopiteaux, I think the pockets are the hallmark of this piece. 

It's a bit hard to describe, but they are semi-detached from the jacket body (not just detached-entry, but detached pocket).  If you have a 3A-1 or anything else with a MZ pocket, imagine that the chest pockets have upside down MZ pockets, so if you stuck your hand from the bottom under the pocket you'd find dead open space between the pocket and the jacket body.  What this accomplishes is that when you do put something in the pockets it weighs the pocket down independently from the jacket.  Now that doesn't mean it's weightless and unnoticeable--it's still WS so any weight you add to it will be felt--but it significantly reduces the sag on the garment itself compared to if the pockets were "normal" pockets that are directly sewn onto the garment.  I tested this with different items and felt like this helped the jacket retain the profile when you have asymmetric loads--I didn't feel like it distorted the profile at all.

I'll try to take some crappy phone pics later today.

1 hour ago, piece keeper said:

I just picked one up and I love it.  The perfect SS jacket for comfort against light breezes.  It's WS so it's negligible weight to carry around all day, and stuffs down really small into a bag if that's your jam.  Contrary to @lopiteaux, I think the pockets are the hallmark of this piece. 

It's a bit hard to describe, but they are semi-detached from the jacket body (not just detached-entry, but detached pocket).  If you have a 3A-1 or anything else with a MZ pocket, imagine that the chest pockets have upside down MZ pockets, so if you stuck your hand from the bottom under the pocket you'd find dead open space between the pocket and the jacket body.  What this accomplishes is that when you do put something in the pockets it weighs the pocket down independently from the jacket.  Now that doesn't mean it's weightless and unnoticeable--it's still WS so any weight you add to it will be felt--but it significantly reduces the sag on the garment itself compared to if the pockets were "normal" pockets that are directly sewn onto the garment.  I tested this with different items and felt like this helped the jacket retain the profile when you have asymmetric loads--I didn't feel like it distorted the profile at all.

I'll try to take some crappy phone pics later today.

Wow, I didn't even notice that aspect of the configuration...

Just to clarify, what I meant by "distorts the profile" is that the pockets seemed to me to billow out if anything is put in them, rather than retain a rigid shape. I felt like this might get in the way, and be a bit clumsy, and personally prefer a more rigid structure, with smaller, dedicated pockets rather than a large, central pocket.

Really looking forward to your pics. If I may be so bold, could you take some that showcase the usage of the pockets?

Edited by lopiteaux
Do I get a quadruple word score for using "pockets" four times?

Thanks for pointing that out @piece keeper I can't believe I didn't think that with other items I have w detached pockets ex: SISP moleskin cargos. Initially I thought it was more for looks but that makes perfect sense. It does help to alleviate the feeling of extra weight. Assuming this is the same for the J63a pockets as well but can't verify as my aux zip is currently getting rearranged....hopefully.

Question about some of Acronym’s more “open” pockets:

Both the J28 and the J56 have these ziperless pockets on the chest, positioned behind zippered or flapped pockets (in the case of the J28 these are like the 3a-1’s mezzanine pockets, I’m assuming). Do these pockets are fill with water in rain? Are there drain holes like with the 3a-1?

1 minute ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Question about some of Acronym’s more “open” pockets:

Both the J28 and the J56 have these ziperless pockets on the chest, positioned behind zippered or flapped pockets (in the case of the J28 these are like the 3a-1’s mezzanine pockets, I’m assuming). Do these pockets are fill with water in rain? Are there drain holes like with the 3a-1?

The J28's vertical mezzanine pockets have a small opening, roughly 6mm, on the bottom right hand side. So, similar to the 3A-1.

Also worth adding that I've used mine in torrential rains, yet never experienced wetness in either of the mezzanines.

Love the pics @piece keeper!

The 3rd one kind of illustrates what I meant by "distorts the profile", although admittedly I feel less strong about it. I think the jacket just looks better on you than it did me. Having said that, I'm now tempted to pick one up again...