Acronym.

Westbrook

23 hours ago, eyesolation said:

Speaking of P23 variants, am I the only one who can't figure out how to use the drawcord on the -S/-CH properly? 

the drawcords without buckles are meant to tighten the waist but by no means are they enough on their own to prevent loosening of the waist from walking around. after cinching the waist w/ the drawcords (think of putting on snowboard pants where you squat and pull on drawstrings to tighten the waist to your size), a belt is necessary.

that's why for p23a-s product shots on the mothersite, a belt is accompanied (ignore other sites such as oki-ni that have tied the drawcords) 

That's actually how I've been using them. I never expected the drawstrings to hold the pants in place while walking or anything, but once I let them go to close my belt, they instantly slide back all the way and don't keep the cinch at all, which makes them pretty useless to me. I mean in that case I could've just pulled the pants together using my belt and not bother with the drawstrings in the first place. Another pet peeve for me is due to the ultra wide waist, the pants basically drop to the ground instantly once you open the belt - it would've been nice if the drawstrings would at least hold the pants in their shape a little bit. Anyway, I guess the strings weren't intended to have any such function then ... gonna try if I can mod them with some webbing sliders to hold the cinch.

3 hours ago, eyesolation said:

That's actually how I've been using them. I never expected the drawstrings to hold the pants in place while walking or anything, but once I let them go to close my belt, they instantly slide back all the way and don't keep the cinch at all, which makes them pretty useless to me. I mean in that case I could've just pulled the pants together using my belt and not bother with the drawstrings in the first place. Another pet peeve for me is due to the ultra wide waist, the pants basically drop to the ground instantly once you open the belt - it would've been nice if the drawstrings would at least hold the pants in their shape a little bit. Anyway, I guess the strings weren't intended to have any such function then ... gonna try if I can mod them with some webbing sliders to hold the cinch.

the ultra wide waist and instant pant drop is designed for quick bed action access

On 31.10.2018 at 12:55 PM, Xu Jianfeng said:

Nah, for this just go normal size m.;)

wise choice. I ordered Large, but this was way too big. But I am happy with my white J74-PX anyway. I really love the jacket. 
it would be great if I could find a white J47 as well. fingers crossed for some random dropping in the near future:)

20 hours ago, eyesolation said:

Have you tried pulling them really tight and then running the drawstrings through the buckle a second time? that helps for me on my DS variant 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:57 PM, lopiteaux said:

So fucking bummed. Got back from holiday today, and just opened my order from the latest drop to find that my J72-DS was not included, even though I've been charged.

Update: Spoke to them, and a replacement is en route. Customerservicejutsu.

It does make me wonder how many "backups" they've kept...

Edited by lopiteaux

On 11/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, eyesolation said:

Longtime Acronym admirer here! Recently started lurking on this forum to do some research before finally purchasing my first Acronym pieces.

First piece was P27-DS, with the super convenient sliding buckles for the webbing.  Second piece was P22-S, which I assumed had the same buckle system.  Instead, they have the same free drawcord webbing as P23A-S, and they were falling off me in public since I tried going beltless... :blush:  Had to tie the drawcords together -- this worked well, but sacrifices the dangling drawcord aesthetic and left wrinkles in the webbing.

My first solution -- went on Amazon and bought some YKK cam lock lever plastic buckles.  Worked perfectly and, IMO, suited the technical aesthetic of the pants.  I also bought some tri-glide buckle fasteners, very similar to the ones used by Acronym themselves in their beltless drawcord pieces, but these were useless without an extra piece of connecting webbing between the two fasteners to maintain tension and lock the sliders.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GS9L5U6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BJYBDPJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lately, I've been using a belt with my P22-S and the P23A-S from the recent drop.  I don't use the YKK buckles anymore, but they're low profile enough that you could use them in combination with your belt to keep the pants cinched up even when your belt is unbuckled.  I might move to this setup myself for some piece of mind against untimely pants dropping when I'm standing at a urinal, or any other situation where I need to undo my belt without dropping my pants... :rolleyes:

Talking about belts, Eliminator Japan have a new collaboration with Bagjack’s cobra belt - its 30cm longer then usual. It comes in both black and silver buckles. When I wear it tightened, the excess belt strap hangs till my knees - acronym aesthetics. I think its not yet available on web, but interested fellows who live in Tokyo can purchase from their Daikanyama shop :)

http://eliminator.blog.houyhnhnm.jp/entry/2018/11/01/132008

1 hour ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

Saw other user post p22 from pages back. It fit as p17 alternative and I would say it’s quite similar to me. 

By any chance you got more fit pics for p22-s as well, would love to see and have more details covered, again?

i def assume it as a underrated pants model for last two seasons.

cheers

@blitzing

I fully agree with your comparison to the P17. In my opinion the P22 is a little more flexible, as it works equally well in a smart outfit.

Here are some random ones I took when I picked them up... Sorry, they're not great photos, nor proper fit pics, but hopefully illustrate my point.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

14 hours ago, blitzing said:

Longtime Acronym admirer here! Recently started lurking on this forum to do some research before finally purchasing my first Acronym pieces.

First piece was P27-DS, with the super convenient sliding buckles for the webbing.  Second piece was P22-S, which I assumed had the same buckle system.  Instead, they have the same free drawcord webbing as P23A-S, and they were falling off me in public since I tried going beltless... :blush:  Had to tie the drawcords together -- this worked well, but sacrifices the dangling drawcord aesthetic and left wrinkles in the webbing.

My first solution -- went on Amazon and bought some YKK cam lock lever plastic buckles.  Worked perfectly and, IMO, suited the technical aesthetic of the pants.  I also bought some tri-glide buckle fasteners, very similar to the ones used by Acronym themselves in their beltless drawcord pieces, but these were useless without an extra piece of connecting webbing between the two fasteners to maintain tension and lock the sliders.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GS9L5U6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BJYBDPJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lately, I've been using a belt with my P22-S and the P23A-S from the recent drop.  I don't use the YKK buckles anymore, but they're low profile enough that you could use them in combination with your belt to keep the pants cinched up even when your belt is unbuckled.  I might move to this setup myself for some piece of mind against untimely pants dropping when I'm standing at a urinal, or any other situation where I need to undo my belt without dropping my pants... :rolleyes:

any chance we could see some p27 fit pics?

On 05/06/2018 at 5:17 AM, Toilettebun said:

akes the p10 fit great especially in the DS and CH iteration is that the reinforced knee doesn't make the fabric bunch up around the knee unlike most tapered pants do. The aggresive taper on the p10 l

Bro you're huge! How much does this ninja bench?

On 11/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, THREEEYEDSAGE said:

Is there/what’s the difference between the xpac used for the SS18 bags, and the ones in the most recent drop? Currently interested in a 3a-1 but it seems like there are differences I’m unsure about..

If you're talking about the olive 3A-1, it's exactly the same. I believe someone here said it's just a different product shot (color treatment/photo editing).

Edited by X.bee

4 hours ago, X.bee said:

Does anyone here besides Xu own the J73-WS? Wondering if I could see some fit pics on different body types and style of wear.

I owned it briefly, but ended up returning it. Really beautiful cut, extremely lightweight, but putting anything in the pockets (even a wallet) distorts the profile, esp. in the left-hand mesh pocket.

I might be wrong - one man's opinion - but it felt like a beautiful piece that didn't quite stick the landing on function. For what it's worth, I was still tempted to keep it.

Edited by lopiteaux