Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, clutchLT said:

my  j47ts seemed to be missing the logo tape with the Acronym logo. I checked the jacket everywhere, just wanted to make sure i didnt miss it anywhere before i send a message to them. 

Make sure you check ALL the pockets, I thought mine was missing too but found out they stuffed the tape and the little goretex booklet in the lower hand pocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

Commissary should be getting some stuff soon, if anyone needs anything or a proxy I'd be more than happy to help since i'm a local there.

 

Edit: the stuff went live in store so just please PM me if yall need help :)

Since you did your edit today, I can safely assume that it wasn't you camping the entrance yesterday afternoon praying that they open. Whoever that was, you better be glad he opened the store for you out of remorse lol... congrats on the size M.

For everyone wondering what they have in stock, they still have the black J47TS-GT and both cws of the P23A-S. White J47s and NG9s are gone, NG8s are still in stock and I think the P27-DS. Forgot what else. The J47TS is going to be 2280 + shipping. Yes, for Cali residents, that's around ~2.5k after taxes.

Shoutout to the stores that reduce VAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vir2L said:

Since you did your edit today, I can safely assume that it wasn't you camping the entrance yesterday afternoon praying that they open. Whoever that was, you better be glad he opened the store for you out of remorse lol... congrats on the size M.

For everyone wondering what they have in stock, they still have the black J47TS-GT and both cws of the P23A-S. White J47s and NG9s are gone, NG8s are still in stock and I think the P27-DS. Forgot what else. The J47TS is going to be 2280 + shipping. Yes, for Cali residents, that's around ~2.5k after taxes.

Shoutout to the stores that reduce VAT

The strangest one is 18Montrose.

Even though they base in UK and state that VAT is not included when shipping to non european countries, their price is comparable to US retailers, if not higher.

Actually I found that the price goes up when you choose non european instead of UK. I really don’t understand how is this called “VAT deducted”, and why are they so different from other european retailers.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

The strangest one is 18Montrose.

Even though they base in UK and state that VAT is not included when shipping to non european countries, their price is comparable to US retailers, if not higher.

Actually I found that the price goes up when you choose non european instead of UK. I really don’t understand how is this called “VAT deducted”, and why are they so different from other european retailers.

Just got this reply from 18Montrose :

« Hello,

Thank you for your email and earlier call.

After having spoken to our buying team they have advised that the prices are set by Acronym across all currencies, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately the currency you would pay in correlated to the shipping country, we are unable to amend this.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest Regards »

So the euros price is set by acronym : 

£1173 for a P23a-S or 1522€ if you want to ship to France. Impossible to pay in £ and ship to France.

Exchange rate is £1 = 1.12€ 

Do the math...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

The strangest one is 18Montrose.

Even though they base in UK and state that VAT is not included when shipping to non european countries, their price is comparable to US retailers, if not higher.

Actually I found that the price goes up when you choose non european instead of UK. I really don’t understand how is this called “VAT deducted”, and why are they so different from other european retailers.

 

31 minutes ago, Noni92160 said:

Just got this reply from 18Montrose :

« Hello,

Thank you for your email and earlier call.

After having spoken to our buying team they have advised that the prices are set by Acronym across all currencies, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately the currency you would pay in correlated to the shipping country, we are unable to amend this.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest Regards »

So the euros price is set by acronym : 

£1173 for a P23a-S or 1522€ if you want to ship to France. Impossible to pay in £ and ship to France.

Exchange rate is £1 = 1.12€ 

Do the math...

 

Don’t trust 18Montrose. I bought from them first season they stocked Acronym. They charged me Tax. They said there was no way to fix it or refund me but they might change it for future seasons. Instead they just raised their price lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SuE said:

 

Don’t trust 18Montrose. I bought from them first season they stocked Acronym. They charged me Tax. They said there was no way to fix it or refund me but they might change it for future seasons. Instead they just raised their price lol. 

To my knowledge, Retailers don't have to deduct vat. Zero rating is an option when conditions are met.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

To my knowledge, Retailers don't have to deduct vat. Zero rating is an option when conditions are met.

My point is that they claim that VAT is deducted in their FAQs but that’s clearly not true.

Guess they won’t mind, most items would still be sold out anyway.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vir2L said:

Since you did your edit today, I can safely assume that it wasn't you camping the entrance yesterday afternoon praying that they open. Whoever that was, you better be glad he opened the store for you out of remorse lol... congrats on the size M.

For everyone wondering what they have in stock, they still have the black J47TS-GT and both cws of the P23A-S. White J47s and NG9s are gone, NG8s are still in stock and I think the P27-DS. Forgot what else. The J47TS is going to be 2280 + shipping. Yes, for Cali residents, that's around ~2.5k after taxes.

Shoutout to the stores that reduce VAT

Ya definitely not me hahah, and Commissary doesnt have the best track record with opening up on time usually lmaooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 12:30 AM, TestaRossaTed said:

Make sure you check ALL the pockets, I thought mine was missing too but found out they stuffed the tape and the little goretex booklet in the lower hand pocket

Just checked. You were right, it was in the lower left hand pocket. 

Edited by clutchLT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So fucking bummed. Got back from holiday today, and just opened my order from the latest drop to find that my J72-DS was not included, even though I've been charged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y’know, for a brand that prides itself on being future in thought and deed, they sure do run their business like a 1990’s dial up site...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem like there are an inordinate number of slip ups in this drop. Missing items, missing buttons, zippers sown the wrong way around, stitches coming undone...

Godfuckingdamnit, I am pretty steamy right now :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

So fucking bummed. Got back from holiday today, and just opened my order from the latest drop to find that my J72-DS was not included, even though I've been charged.

In my order was the NG8-PS missing but charged and as well shown in the invoice. After I contacted the support they send the missing part within 24h. But a NG8 is not a J72. I hope you will receive it soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Holger said:

In my order was the NG8-PS missing but charged and as well shown in the invoice. After I contacted the support they send the missing part within 24h. But a NG8 is not a J72. I hope you will receive it soon. 

Thanks, fingers crossed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018/10/29 at 9:11 PM, rogerhuangxj said:

You will get used to it.

They may be slow to response and sometimes does not even bother to reply, but they always fix the issues in the end. 

Fine by me, much better than talking tons of shit and doing nothing.

I’ll take it back.

Placed order yesterday when mothersite restocked, received order confirmation, payment confirmation and PayPal invoice all at once. I even received shipping notice in 30 minutes.

24 hours later my order got cancelled with no reason given, and the item I want is sold out. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, X.bee said:

Commissary is live

finally...snagged the J47 for to retail(well, close to retail)

thanks to  X.bee

now i need to find black J72-DS in medium  

Edited by paper2k1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SuE said:

 

Don’t trust 18Montrose. I bought from them first season they stocked Acronym. They charged me Tax. They said there was no way to fix it or refund me but they might change it for future seasons. Instead they just raised their price lol. 

They suck. Has been discussed here before I think. Tried to do me the same...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Glitches aside, what are the community's thoughts on the P23A-S vs. the -DS variant?

I’m digging them so far. They feel a little tighter where the cuff meets the pant. Obviously less stretch, so cuff tends to ride up more when seated. The silhouette  looks better in S to me.... while I LOVE DS, the drape is always a bit off on the oversized pants, at least for me. I’ll get some fit pics up soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

I’m digging them so far. They feel a little tighter where the cuff meets the pant. Obviously less stretch, so cuff tends to ride up more when seated. The silhouette  looks better in S to me.... while I LOVE DS, the drape is always a bit off on the oversized pants, at least for me. I’ll get some fit pics up soon. 

Thanks mate. I found the cuffs to be really tight myself (which I'm a little concerned about in light of the QC issues), but love the rigidity versus my P17-CH's. The silhouette is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

Feel happy about it.

sad too

What a life.

looks great, did you size up like j65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

I’m digging them so far. They feel a little tighter where the cuff meets the pant. Obviously less stretch, so cuff tends to ride up more when seated. The silhouette  looks better in S to me.... while I LOVE DS, the drape is always a bit off on the oversized pants, at least for me. I’ll get some fit pics up soon. 

Really? I have the opposite opinion when it comes to oversized pants. I think dryskin looks and feels the best when wearing drop crotches. 

Edited by AvantSol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Desperate to see some fit pics of J74-PX. Haven’s photos make black J74 really tempting, wonder how it looks in real life.

someone has showed pics in this thread.

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125