Acronym.

Westbrook

5 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

You will get used to it.

They may be slow to response and sometimes does not even bother to reply, but they always fix the issues in the end. 

Fine by me, much better than talking tons of shit and doing nothing.

this made me laugh so hard. almost makes 1k seem like a sabotage marketing scheme to never make acrnm look the worst guys out there in customer service hahahahahaha

i guess for 300 i would expect a little more since i only wore it around my neck for about an hour..just an fyi for people in the market to buy one of these. no one wants to spend that kind of money and have to repair it out the bag haha.
between this and the j63a and some problems with the j47ts(missing button) got me rethinking this drop.

Edited by Kamikaze

1 hour ago, upheavel said:

Its a glorified $20 scarf that cost $300. What do you think was going to happen? Mine had the same problem after a weeks use, just sew it back up and move on.     

this.

its acronym and they can sell beanies for $400 and regular neck gaiters for $200 and no one would bat an eye. granted i wish the standard for QC matches the price, but i think its abundantly clear e dont give a shit about that right now

5 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

i would LOVE to understand the 300 price difference between the two fabrics.

gotta charge more for cashmere than merino lol

6 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

which fabric did u go for? kind surprised to see AK is more expensive than KM, which does not have a jacketsling. 

the cheaper, more unique coloured one that comes with jacketsling 

Rare acronym sale alert: Bureau is running a 15% off jackets and trousers promo code treat15

Works on the j46-fo: https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/10163/j46fo-2l-goretex-infinium-climashield

I think bureau deducts VAT too, but not 100% sure.

Random question that I've been searching for for a minute, p17 is essentially the same cut as p23, right? Just without the jersey cuff? I'm thinking of just giving up and getting p17's because I can't find a damn pair of p23's for less than $1k. 

57 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

Rare acronym sale alert: Bureau is running a 15% off jackets and trousers promo code treat15

Works on the j46-fo: https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/10163/j46fo-2l-goretex-infinium-climashield

Random question that I've been searching for for a minute, p17 is essentially the same cut as p23, right? Just without the jersey cuff? I'm thinking of just giving up and getting p17's because I can't find a damn pair of p23's for less than $1k. 

Ah ha! No wonder why almost everything sold out all of a sudden at Bureau yesterday...

1 hour ago, BRICK DOM said:

E will most likely drop the hammer on 'em for that.

Yes, they are almost the same cut.  I would say the P17 is has a longer inseam that the p23 (not measuring the DS cuff).  The darted knee is a different pattern as well

Edited by Flipflop214

my  j47ts seemed to be missing the logo tape with the Acronym logo. I checked the jacket everywhere, just wanted to make sure i didnt miss it anywhere before i send a message to them. 

Edited by clutchLT

1 hour ago, clutchLT said:

my  j47ts seemed to be missing the logo tape with the Acronym logo. I checked the jacket everywhere, just wanted to make sure i didnt miss it anywhere before i send a message to them. 

Make sure you check ALL the pockets, I thought mine was missing too but found out they stuffed the tape and the little goretex booklet in the lower hand pocket

On 10/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

Commissary should be getting some stuff soon, if anyone needs anything or a proxy I'd be more than happy to help since i'm a local there.

Edit: the stuff went live in store so just please PM me if yall need help :)

Since you did your edit today, I can safely assume that it wasn't you camping the entrance yesterday afternoon praying that they open. Whoever that was, you better be glad he opened the store for you out of remorse lol... congrats on the size M.

For everyone wondering what they have in stock, they still have the black J47TS-GT and both cws of the P23A-S. White J47s and NG9s are gone, NG8s are still in stock and I think the P27-DS. Forgot what else. The J47TS is going to be 2280 + shipping. Yes, for Cali residents, that's around ~2.5k after taxes.

Shoutout to the stores that reduce VAT

1 hour ago, vir2L said:

Since you did your edit today, I can safely assume that it wasn't you camping the entrance yesterday afternoon praying that they open. Whoever that was, you better be glad he opened the store for you out of remorse lol... congrats on the size M.

For everyone wondering what they have in stock, they still have the black J47TS-GT and both cws of the P23A-S. White J47s and NG9s are gone, NG8s are still in stock and I think the P27-DS. Forgot what else. The J47TS is going to be 2280 + shipping. Yes, for Cali residents, that's around ~2.5k after taxes.

The strangest one is 18Montrose.

Even though they base in UK and state that VAT is not included when shipping to non european countries, their price is comparable to US retailers, if not higher.

Actually I found that the price goes up when you choose non european instead of UK. I really don’t understand how is this called “VAT deducted”, and why are they so different from other european retailers.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

Even though they base in UK and state that VAT is not included when shipping to non european countries, their price is comparable to US retailers, if not higher.

Actually I found that the price goes up when you choose non european instead of UK. I really don’t understand how is this called “VAT deducted”, and why are they so different from other european retailers.

Just got this reply from 18Montrose :

« Hello,

Thank you for your email and earlier call.

After having spoken to our buying team they have advised that the prices are set by Acronym across all currencies, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately the currency you would pay in correlated to the shipping country, we are unable to amend this.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest Regards »

So the euros price is set by acronym : 

£1173 for a P23a-S or 1522€ if you want to ship to France. Impossible to pay in £ and ship to France.

Exchange rate is £1 = 1.12€ 

Do the math...

31 minutes ago, Noni92160 said:

Just got this reply from 18Montrose :

« Hello,

Thank you for your email and earlier call.

After having spoken to our buying team they have advised that the prices are set by Acronym across all currencies, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately the currency you would pay in correlated to the shipping country, we are unable to amend this.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest Regards »

So the euros price is set by acronym : 

£1173 for a P23a-S or 1522€ if you want to ship to France. Impossible to pay in £ and ship to France.

Exchange rate is £1 = 1.12€ 

Do the math...

Don’t trust 18Montrose. I bought from them first season they stocked Acronym. They charged me Tax. They said there was no way to fix it or refund me but they might change it for future seasons. Instead they just raised their price lol. 

5 hours ago, SuE said:

Don’t trust 18Montrose. I bought from them first season they stocked Acronym. They charged me Tax. They said there was no way to fix it or refund me but they might change it for future seasons. Instead they just raised their price lol. 

To my knowledge, Retailers don't have to deduct vat. Zero rating is an option when conditions are met.

8 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

To my knowledge, Retailers don't have to deduct vat. Zero rating is an option when conditions are met.

My point is that they claim that VAT is deducted in their FAQs but that’s clearly not true.

Guess they won’t mind, most items would still be sold out anyway.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

13 hours ago, vir2L said:

Ya definitely not me hahah, and Commissary doesnt have the best track record with opening up on time usually lmaooo

On 10/30/2018 at 12:30 AM, TestaRossaTed said:

Make sure you check ALL the pockets, I thought mine was missing too but found out they stuffed the tape and the little goretex booklet in the lower hand pocket

Just checked. You were right, it was in the lower left hand pocket. 

Edited by clutchLT