Jump to content
supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Thanks, very helpful!

They want to charge me 90 bucks to dispute it. How did you get around that?

We can file with customs to ask them to change this to water resistant 6201.93.4700 at 7.1% duty rate.

As below there is a processing fee of $90.000 due to the invoice not stating water resistant.  We do not classify under this unless the invoice states so due to customs questioning the fabric.  I need your confirmation to file the claim with customs due to the processing fee.

Once I get your approval we can forward to the post entry team to being the dispute for you.

Why isn't this a process Acronym has learned (over numerous years) they need to handle for their customers? Why is it up to me as the customer, after paying $2k+ for a jacket, to then have to deal with import duties (including communicating correct import codes before i get hit with additional fees!^!^). This is a MASSIVE flaw in this business model. Can someone please make an additional thread for Import Procedures. I hate having to self-filter out all these posts when trying to read up on acr sufu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Thanks, very helpful!

They want to charge me 90 bucks to dispute it. How did you get around that?

We can file with customs to ask them to change this to water resistant 6201.93.4700 at 7.1% duty rate.

As below there is a processing fee of $90.000 due to the invoice not stating water resistant.  We do not classify under this unless the invoice states so due to customs questioning the fabric.  I need your confirmation to file the claim with customs due to the processing fee.

Once I get your approval we can forward to the post entry team to being the dispute for you.

I've had some UPS reps try to spring that on me. I always just tell them "no thanks" and call again until I get a rep who will just do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mariahscarry said:

Why isn't this a process Acronym has learned (over numerous years) they need to handle for their customers? Why is it up to me as the customer, after paying $2k+ for a jacket, to then have to deal with import duties (including communicating correct import codes before i get hit with additional fees!^!^). This is a MASSIVE flaw in this business model. Can someone please make an additional thread for Import Procedures. I hate having to self-filter out all these posts when trying to read up on acr sufu. 

You're confusing "pre-Nike influenced" Acronym with "post-Nike influenced" Acronym; customer service isn't their priority anymore and they couldn't care less about nitpicking the proper HTS classification.

Also some tips since you just joined last year (this goes for all you Acronym greenhorns):

1) Whenever it's a seasonal global release, it's always cheaper to buy from select vendors and boutiques. Obviously bags are only sold from acrnm.com but I've posted the list in this thread and it's been reposted before. Before you ask... No, there isn't a single vendor who's the best for all Acronym products (Firmament was king on certain pieces but Bureau has been really good too). Acrnm.com falls around 2nd-4th place if there is no customs charges. It used to be the worst for US when the De Minimis was set at $200, luckily it was raised to $800 two years ago. It's up to you to do your due diligence and figure out what works best. If you can't cop because you can't run page monitors, that's on you. Also, a majority of the sites run Shopify so if you're a sneakerhead, you're already at an advantage. *wink wink nudge nudge*

2) You can't always negotiate with the brokerage office and get 7.1% rate for all of the products. They have common sense so you will need to be aware of which codes you're using. You can keep calling and hopefully get an agent that will let you pass but it's always been luck of the draw in regards to what they won't do.

3) If you REALLY, really don't want to pay for any customs/tariffs/duties at all, just dropship it to a different country and have it reshipped with values marked down severely. This took a ton of my time and money to experiment with what works best so I can't divulge any more than that. Also, don't dropship to Canada. I was misled when a few of you guys paid no fees whatsoever then UPS came and charged me some fees only to find out it's "HST". Adding HST is not 0% to me... but that's a part of doing trial-and-error so I learned my lesson. After all is said and done, I no longer deal with random bullshit charges and I only pay what I know I'm going to pay.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus, I doubt every country has standardized these codes (correct me if I'm wrong though).  HTS is US only, right?  There's no way any company could look into the proper codes for any potential country they'd ship to.  Yes you can make the case that a company could focus on at least their larger markets, but that's still a lot of protocol/laws/literature to sift through for even one country.  I don't begrudge ACR at all for not doing this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

Can someone please make an additional thread for Import Procedures. I hate having to self-filter

Venmo me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

This is a good argument but factually incorrect; as I said earlier the water-resistance refers to AATCC 35 testing; you can pour water through DS trousers so if push comes to shove, you'll be incorrect. It would be worth an attempt though.

okay well then jsut use code 6203.43.1190 and say they're snowboard pants.. which they (p24a-ds) frankly could be great for.

2 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Thanks, very helpful!

They want to charge me 90 bucks to dispute it. How did you get around that?

We can file with customs to ask them to change this to water resistant 6201.93.4700 at 7.1% duty rate.

As below there is a processing fee of $90.000 due to the invoice not stating water resistant.  We do not classify under this unless the invoice states so due to customs questioning the fabric.  I need your confirmation to file the claim with customs due to the processing fee.

Once I get your approval we can forward to the post entry team to being the dispute for you.

this is UPS? perhaps tell them what i said ^ that they are 6203.43.1190 snowboarding pants. i haven't encountered that service fee, but frankly even after the $90 fee if they do change the duty rate you're still saving money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

Venmo me 

What he said.

This is the last free information I give on this matter—I've written about this exhaustively in my post history and me and @Voyager have compiled this numerous times. I've told you guys you have to contest pre-entry into the US. With regard to post-entry classification it's a refund of customs. The procedure is documenting the correct duty versus the overpaid duty that's why they're charging $90 for the service.

HS = international harmonized schedule, HTS = US schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

Venmo me 

 

58 minutes ago, vir2L said:

Also some tips since you just joined last year (this goes for all you Acronym greenhorns):

Good luck!

Two types of people LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CARLOOA said:

He's being facetious.

Which is why I was laughing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vir2L said:

You're confusing "pre-Nike influenced" Acronym with "post-Nike influenced" Acronym; customer service isn't their priority anymore and they couldn't care less about nitpicking the proper HTS classification.

Also some tips since you just joined last year (this goes for all you Acronym greenhorns):

1) Whenever it's a seasonal global release, it's always cheaper to buy from select vendors and boutiques. Obviously bags are only sold from acrnm.com but I've posted the list in this thread and it's been reposted before. Before you ask... No, there isn't a single vendor who's the best for all Acronym products (Firmament was king on certain pieces but Bureau has been really good too). Acrnm.com falls around 2nd-4th place if there is no customs charges. It used to be the worst for US when the De Minimis was set at $200, luckily it was raised to $800 two years ago. It's up to you to do your due diligence and figure out what works best. If you can't cop because you can't run page monitors, that's on you. Also, a majority of the sites run Shopify so if you're a sneakerhead, you're already at an advantage. *wink wink nudge nudge*

2) You can't always negotiate with the brokerage office and get 7.1% rate for all of the products. They have common sense so you will need to be aware of which codes you're using. You can keep calling and hopefully get an agent that will let you pass but it's always been luck of the draw in regards to what they won't do.

3) If you REALLY, really don't want to pay for any customs/tariffs/duties at all, just dropship it to a different country and have it reshipped with values marked down severely. This took a ton of my time and money to experiment with what works best so I can't divulge any more than that. Also, don't dropship to Canada. I was misled when a few of you guys paid no fees whatsoever then UPS came and charged me some fees only to find out it's "HST". Adding HST is not 0% to me... but that's a part of doing trial-and-error so I learned my lesson. After all is said and done, I no longer deal with random bullshit charges and I only pay what I know I'm going to pay.

Good luck!

IMO, just support local businesses and buy american only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

IMO, just support local businesses and buy american only.

lol. statements like that always remind me of ...

although you could substitute america with britain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

IMO, just support local businesses 

This. Support your local and you'll be surprised how easy it is to cop what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

What he said.

This is the last free information I give on this matter—I've written about this exhaustively in my post history and me and @Voyager have compiled this numerous times. I've told you guys you have to contest pre-entry into the US. With regard to post-entry classification it's a refund of customs. The procedure is documenting the correct duty versus the overpaid duty that's why they're charging $90 for the service.

HS = international harmonized schedule, HTS = US schedule.

I’d just like to express my appreciation of the work that both of you have put in regarding this. As well as your contributions to material info, item categorization, and general product reviews. It’s members like you that made me appreciate this forum back when I was just a lurker some three years back. Glad to see you’re posting again and sharing your views and opinions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I’d just like to express my appreciation of the work that both of you have put in regarding this. As well as your contributions to material info, item categorization, and general product reviews. It’s members like you that made me appreciate this forum back when I was just a lurker some three years back. Glad to see you’re posting again and sharing your views and opinions. 

this. we should find a way to sticky this tariff procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was able to purchase the P27's in store at Haven as they were left over from the online release.

Really cool pant, something about the fit seems different than the SS version, a little more normal looking around the crotch area. So far I've really enjoyed the DS fabric, my other Acronym pants are all Stotz, and have little to no stretch. The DS fabric is a nice change for sure. Definitely an underrated pant in comparison to the P30 or P25, I think these are just as wearable if not more, and was surprised to see them not sell out.

I'd be happy to post fit pictures if anyone is interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone complaining about having to search the thread for HTS codes etc... Honestly, how hard is it to copy/paste the info and save it as a document for future reference? Also save, bookmark, whatever this https://outdoorindustry.org/resource/oia-legislation-establishes-new-woven-performance-outerwear-classifications/ PDF at the bottom of the page.

 

Back on track, really looking forward to getting the 63a. I thought the black PX fabric looked much more trash baggie than the FO. I feel the products shots probably don’t do the FO justice for how it will appear in person. Mothership shots have an image to compare after 3 months of use like w the raw edges they did during SS. Like many items only time and a bit of abuse will tell.

edit: damn @xh79 now I’m even more anxious for a shipping notice after your post

Edited by wexler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xh79 said:

Was able to check out several of the pieces in person today; a few of my brief impressions:

J47TS (Black): This actually looked better in person than in the photos, IMO. I already have the J47R so I couldn't really justify it, but trying it on I was certainly sorely tempted. The pockets generally are thoughtfully laid out; I think the left chest pocket is superior to the one on the R version. The one thing I didn't like so much was the collar -- it seems noticeably taller on the TS than the R, and looks slightly awkward to me, at least on my frame. Definitely one of the pieces I liked best, though

Thanks for sharing. From the product shots, I also thought the collar on the 47 looked slightly revised. With the hood out, the TS seems to hold its shape better, which is something that has always bothered me on my 47R.

One question: Does the 47TS have the same high pocket that the 47, 47A, and 47R have or does it only have the one that dips down like the 47A? Surprised the product shots don't show the full pocket array.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

Why isn't this a process Acronym has learned (over numerous years) they need to handle for their customers? Why is it up to me as the customer, after paying $2k+ for a jacket, to then have to deal with import duties (including communicating correct import codes before i get hit with additional fees!^!^). This is a MASSIVE flaw in this business model. Can someone please make an additional thread for Import Procedures. I hate having to self-filter out all these posts when trying to read up on acr sufu. 

Man this is part of the fun.

How could you call it a full acrnm buying experience without the import duty procedures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Thanks for sharing. From the product shots, I also thought the collar on the 47 looked slightly revised. With the hood out, the TS seems to hold its shape better, which is something that has always bothered me on my 47R.

One question: Does the 47TS have the same high pocket that the 47, 47A, and 47R have or does it only have the one that dips down like the 47A? Surprised the product shots don't show the full pocket array.

I was curious about that as well. The chest pocket configuration on the 47R can be... interesting to work with at times. I’d almost rather it was a one way zip, as opposed to how it works on both. Can be a bit frustrating trying to remember where you started and stopped the zips in relation to the inner pocket, which I really like in practice, but takes a lot of practice to get used to getting the zips right so you don’t have to open both. The other pockets on the TS and previous iterations look cool, but I just can’t see myself actually using them by and large. And the TS rail itself- see my above comment about pockets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xh79 said:

Was able to check out several of the pieces in person today; a few of my brief impressions:

J47TS (Black): This actually looked better in person than in the photos, IMO. I already have the J47R so I couldn't really justify it, but trying it on I was certainly sorely tempted. The pockets generally are thoughtfully laid out; I think the left chest pocket is superior to the one on the R version. The one thing I didn't like so much was the collar -- it seems noticeably taller on the TS than the R, and looks slightly awkward to me, at least on my frame. Definitely one of the pieces I liked best, though.

J47TS (White): This did not look as good in person as in the photos. The material seemed like it would dull / discolor / stain easily; just taking it out of the plastic bag it attracted some bits of dust and fibers floating around and they were highly evident against the white background. All-white is admittedly not my style, but even so, I had been attracted to this piece by the photos before I saw it in person. I'm guessing this is one that others might really enjoy, just wasn't for me.

P23A: In the photos, I liked the look of the RAF better; in person I liked the black better (and actually bought a pair). These are definitely cartoony / cosplay-ish, but fun, and more utilitarian than something like the P26 (also a fun pant) given the extra pockets. The seat is kind of ridiculously wide, presumably because Stotz has no give and they're designed to allow you to move freely, but if you have less of a slim frame than I do they'd probably look more "normal".

J63A: The FO fabric looked better in person than I imagined from the photos (more kind of future-synthetic, less pleather), and the hand-feel was slightly different than I expected, but I still can't quite dig it. Design-wise I actually really like the cut of this one, but it's also incredibly similar to an old Vexed Generation leather jacket I have with a full-face zip so I wasn't overly tempted. Definitely the nicer of the FO jackets in my mind, though.

J46: I have the J46U-WS, and it's probably one of the Acronym jackets I wear most often, but I didn't really like this one too much. The lining made it feel kind of "overstuffed" somehow, which is the same impression I feel like the product photos give; combined with the FO fabric I just wasn't feeling it.

J72-AK: This was a standout piece to me, and the other one along with the P23A that I ended up actually purchasing. The fabric is interesting and quite good-looking IMO, and I love the simplicity -- even though it has jacketsling loops attached, and I'm sure the marginal cost of a jacketsling is next to nothing, I kind of liked that they didn't include one with the jacket; the stripped-down cleanness of it (no pockets on an Acronym jacket!) I found strongly appealing.

J74: I only saw this in the white, which looked amazing -- this is the one piece I actually regret missing out on this season. The fabric is essentially translucent, which I didn't quite realize from the product photos, and the way it behaves in the light in the real world is really appealing. The cut is also quite nice, and I like the black contrast details on the white jacket.

You make me regret not getting p23a-s.

I have been waiting for ch version of p23a but now I’m starting to come around that rigid Stotz suits wide pants like p23 very well. The more I look at the photos, the more I want it.

Also I noticed that most of us may prefer DS and CH than Stotz, cos Stotz pants usually sit around a bit longer.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

You make me regretting p23a-s.

I have been waiting for ch version of p23a but now I’m starting to come around that rigid Stotz suits wide pants like p23 very well. The more I look at the photos, the more I want it.

Also I noticed that most of us may prefer DS and CH than Stotz, cos Stotz pants usually sit around a bit longer.

i would have jumped on the p23a-s but i really couldnt justify spending 1.5k on another pair when i already had the DS version. but im curious to see the how the stotz versions for p23a and p24a wear and drape compared to the DS iterations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@xh79 always good for a in person review for products.

 

I would strongly recommend if people newly to buy first acrnm jacket for versatile choosing j74 white or j63a.

J74 shares good pockets array of j40-l which i use quite often and enjoy, and upper part of the body is like j43 to me which clean enough be a fast move jacket. As well as arm pocket heavilly influenced by bomber one as j50 or j51 as liner.

im too the people have biase on shakedry, sorry. but j63 as a softshell be alright biking or urban movement with a carol christian poell vibe, the a pockets add capacity and to keep from using 3rdarm ages shakedry fast.

though im not sure for the idea of p23a-s, i got the idea totally but really think sisp convert delieveries the whole output as well as quality, price, design, better. but hell yeah, even though they close, a different thing still, but that basiclly idea from a guy usually head to toe acrnm i would assume it tell something.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Thanks for sharing. From the product shots, I also thought the collar on the 47 looked slightly revised. With the hood out, the TS seems to hold its shape better, which is something that has always bothered me on my 47R.

One question: Does the 47TS have the same high pocket that the 47, 47A, and 47R have or does it only have the one that dips down like the 47A? Surprised the product shots don't show the full pocket array.

Assuming that by high pocket you're referring to the same chest pocket configuration as @brainerd666 -- I don't remember this super well to be honest but the configuration of the internal chest pocket may be slightly different from the 47R. I think the opening may have been angled slightly downwards as opposed to the "catch pocket" style of the inner chest pocket on the 47R, but I don't remember it clearly enough to stake money on that. Also, with regard to @brainerd666's point on the chest zips, definitely agree that a one-way zip would be preferable. However, the 47TS has an important advantage here in that the position of the outer "pouch" part of the pocket visible on the exterior of the jacket serves to act as a clear guide for where you need to open the outer zipper in order to access the inner pocket -- I can say that this felt very natural to me; without really thinking about it I zipped it open to the internal pocket and could access it without fiddling around.

Can confirm as well that the hood out on the TS version seems to wear more naturally than the R version; it came shipped with the hood out as opposed to the way I recall the R shipping. Personally I prefer to keep the hood stowed on mine (and generally prefer those jackets where I can remove the hood), so this is probably part of why the redesigned collar felt weird to me, but if you like to keep the hood out I think it looks better on the newer version, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Thanks for sharing. From the product shots, I also thought the collar on the 47 looked slightly revised. With the hood out, the TS seems to hold its shape better, which is something that has always bothered me on my 47R.

One question: Does the 47TS have the same high pocket that the 47, 47A, and 47R have or does it only have the one that dips down like the 47A? Surprised the product shots don't show the full pocket array.

I only have a 47A-WS for comparison, but the 47TS has one inner pocket inside the chest pocket and TS where the A has another pocket.  The description says three pockets, but it's really two with TS for the option of three (or more depending on how you configure).

4 hours ago, xh79 said:

Was able to check out several of the pieces in person today; a few of my brief impressions:

J47TS (White): This did not look as good in person as in the photos. The material seemed like it would dull / discolor / stain easily; just taking it out of the plastic bag it attracted some bits of dust and fibers floating around and they were highly evident against the white background. All-white is admittedly not my style, but even so, I had been attracted to this piece by the photos before I saw it in person. I'm guessing this is one that others might really enjoy, just wasn't for me.

Thanks for the hands on feedback, one of the reasons I enjoy in store drops is reading everyone's thoughts across the collection.  I pretty much agree with you on everything you mentioned, just a slightly different opinion on the 47TS in white. 

For me, it looked better in person than in the photos.  I had an impression it was an extremely bright white from the product shots, but I found it to be more muted and matte in person which is my personal preference.  I agree that the material does seem to stain relatively easily (dulling/discoloration tbd), but I feel like offering the same jacket in black makes it a non issue.  Meaning if someone wanted the jacket for the cut and features, but did not want to worry about the white, they could just buy the black version.

I did not expect to buy the J47 when I walked in the store, but after trying it on it was an (almost) easy decision.  The all white construction highlights the articulation and features using light rather than the deconstructivist reverse seam allowances on the J69-GT and J66-GT and GTV.  I can also see the stitching and other "raised" areas where there is overlapping fabric darkening with age and use (and dirt lol), which should further highlight the patterning.  Lastly, the gray seam tape should start to show through and highlight the articulation from the interior.  This is not pronounced on black GT Pro shells (and you won't see it on WS because the seams are not taped), but I had started to see the effect on my GT-J22 before I sold it for my J69-GT and I loved it.  Of course, this is all speculation at this point, but I intend to find out. I have faith that the folks at Acronym did not choose to make a shell out of a "fragile" fabric like this (or PB/FO and GT-V) without a reason.

Edited by thatslapz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My man. This is the stuff that makes sufu sufu. Refreshing to see a first impression that's much more than just "jacket's dope, yo." Hadn't considered how discoloration would add to the jacket, highlighting the details. Now I can imagine it serving as shadows that accentuate the construction. Errolson referring to ACR as "wearable architecture" is more apt every season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

I did not expect to buy the J47 when I walked in the store, but after trying it on it was an (almost) easy decision. 

I assume this means you ended up purchasing it; care to show us an on-body look and details of the jacket from a non-studio perspective?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clip fully loaded.

I've owned the 47, 47A, 47A-WS. Honestly, I think the 47-GT is the best iteration of this jacket, it's like a super 32-GT! It's probably a preference thing but I think the left pocket array is fairly ugly in the A-GT iteration unless fully stuffed. The R-GT: I quite hate the Raccagni and reverse seams. The A-WS has this baggier aesthetic that matches the slouchy pant style of recent Acronym but retains the unneeded pimp-your-ride-pockets-in-pockets style. I appreciate the details in the A-WS, reverse press studs, tec-sys stowage of the other WS pieces, etc. I guess I just don't understand the love of the jacket; probably why I've sold it so many times...

Which brings me to the most recent 47TS-GT: aux zip and TS at the horizontal mid pocket and the interior mezzanine pocket. I know there has to be a fit allowance for the insulator, right? Can anyone report? I'm feeling like the next jackets will likely be J28TS-GT or J36TS-GT. I would really like to see hybrid jackets again! I think GT-PRO shells with WS pockets would look incredible with detachable FO hoods. Alternatively, FO detailing like upper arm sleeves on the 1A like the 1A-S.

Lastly, with regard to the white fabric, I used to have the SI:SP transform bag in white and yellowed quite fast. Kind of wary of white nylon and hardware with these jackets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

For ppl wondering how white stuffs ages years later.

i got three models and material for your ref.

 

one is ss-j4 wb-400 with nanosphere. It’s like 10 years usage with daily biking, causal wear. Oh of course food dirt like oil also split before, but it would be cleaned well, least in my opinion. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZRlh2OUROSkxT

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZQ3luL3hldTdZ

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBlVmxaQTNMRkNZSGZMZnI0aW9o

 

Another is stotz white sp1ts-s,age would like around 5 years. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjJaMitGUG1tZE9DN3k1MmJyVjU4

 

And this dyskin, this is def not same as recent ds one cause that’s a high cotton blend.This should be around 10 years.

 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNHOFBkWVZTUllUSUtvN29mRUNL

 

gonna get details updated later.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now