Westbrook

Acronym.

Slightly off topic in the run up to this afternoon's release, but what are the Owners' opinions on the J25-WS?

11 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Slightly off topic in the run up to this afternoon's release, but what are the Owners' opinions on the J25-WS?

It's one jacket that I will never sell. EXTREMELY lightweight. Perfect windbreaker. I've never gotten the hang of packing it properly so I don't bother anymore but it is packable. It's easy to wash and maintains its tech properties after many washes. It fits a bit small. I'm typically somewhere between a small and medium in Acronym and I own a medium and the thing feels perfectly fitted.

Jacketsling loops are inside only so you can't wear the sling externally. And the jacket is so fitted that you can feel the sling inside the jacket. I wear it without the sling most of the time because of this.

14 minutes ago, Voyager said:

It's one jacket that I will never sell. EXTREMELY lightweight. Perfect windbreaker. I've never gotten the hang of packing it properly so I don't bother anymore but it is packable. It's easy to wash and maintains its tech properties after many washes. It fits a bit small. I'm typically somewhere between a small and medium in Acronym and I own a medium and the thing feels perfectly fitted.

Jacketsling loops are inside only so you can't wear the sling externally. And the jacket is so fitted that you can feel the sling inside the jacket. I wear it without the sling most of the time because of this.

Agreed this is one of my favorite jackets. How do you wash yours?

Agreed with both of the above on the J25-WS. If i have limited space or weight when i'm travelling in warmer weather, it's my go to jacket. I also use it when hiking/ climbing mountains due to the super light weight in my pack. I've had mine for years from the original drop and still haven't washed it and resists water perfectly well.

It’s not the washing that I’m nervous about- more the LACK of washing after reports of backing separation in recent posts. I’m just hoping I didn’t wait to long to wash. I wasn’t avoiding it, it just didn’t occur to me as it doesn’t look/feel/smell dirty...

I don't think WS delaminates like GT does as it doesn't have the 3rd layer, just a membrane of ePTFE. Someone correct me if i'm wrong though!

Edited by Dolphinski

58 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Thank you so much for this (and same to @Bigyen and @Dolphinski).

I've been in two minds about picking one up for a while now, and suffice to say you've convinced me to take the plunge. I guess next week's going to be a major unboxing for me!!!

One more question actually... How would you describe the WS? I'm assuming it's fairly similar to the J47A-WS, ie. quite "crunchy"? I'm a little confused as the fabric appears very smooth in some of the product shots, particularly the close ups of the cuffs.

Edited by lopiteaux
One more before the WS mist...

So what's the point of the dangly bits on the P23s if people are wearing belts in all the product shots? Are they not meant to be used to tighten the waist?

Edited by junkie_dolphin

2 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

So what's the point of the dangly bits on the P23s if people are wearing belts in all the product shots? Are they not meant to be used to tighten the waist?

Same as the P17's, right? The bits are just used to cinch, rather than tie up (unless you're an END model).

Edited by lopiteaux

27 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

I don't think WS delaminates like GT does as it doesn't have the 3rd layer, just a membrane of ePTFE. Someone correct me if i'm wrong though!

Sorry, I was referring to my J47R-GT from the previous post. 

good luck to everyone shopping today. I encourage people to consider the j65. I've really enjoyed wearing the previous wind stopper version

Deleted.

The neg rep spoke.

Thank you for it, it was a welcome change.

Edited by Bigyen

Surprise(-ish?) drop of the NG4-PS - it was in the pics, but not explicitly mentioned in any of the droplists leading up to today. Went like hotcakes on mothersite, natch

4 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

Surprise(-ish?) drop of the NG4-PS - it was in the pics, but not explicitly mentioned in any of the droplists leading up to today. Went like hotcakes on mothersite, natch

had it in the cart but couldnt get the dub :T

That's the only thing I was hoping would be on mothersite. Big thanks to @piece keeper for that info. Now to hope for that payment confirmation..

order confimation from acr, paypal confirmation, and payment confirmation from acr at the same time means copped?

Edited by kenwiryadi

Had J47TS-GT in S in my cart, but then I was like... do I need this? I already have a J1A-GT? and I removed it from my cart. Is this what it is to become an adult?

Just now, darksadvial said:

anyone have idea how to deal with customs in Canada ? 

Don't worry about it. If you ordered from mothersite, customs will be $0.

couldnt checkout on haven or acrn. now the size i wanted sold out as well. 

I had the J47TS-GT in the cart, but I looked at the J47R-GT that im wearing and decided otherwise... side zip, black zippers, diagonal pocket and the two extra rows of TS could not justify a new jacket. So I copped the P23A-S in raf (black was already sold out in my size). I did like what i saw in the pictures and this will be my first Acronym pants in RAF colorway. At least I got something new for a change :)

Does paypal usually show activity right away if you successfully purchased? I only got order confirmation but nothing else..

half of these stores didn't get the ng9 and the half that did flew :huh: