Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

Just took my 47a out of the closet for the first time since the spring and I noticed the grid lining is becoming detached from membrane. Is there anything I can do about this? I wear this thing to death every winter. See pictures below.

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.03.42 PM.png

Edited by Bigyen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, danii said:

can't wait to see kids confused after buying NG9 thinking they will get the NG3 face cover

Besides the exposed zipper tape on the upper part, how is it any different from the ng3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe ng3 has more coverage while the ng9 looks more like a neck gaiter with zipper. Not mad at it 

 

5F205095-7A56-4857-8FBF-0278481ABB9E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigyen said:

Just took my 47a out of the closet for the first time since the spring and I noticed the grid lining is becoming detached from membrane. Is there anything I can do about this? I wear this thing to death every winter. See pictures below.

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.03.42 PM.png


Unfortunately theres nothing you can do about it. That happened to one of my Veilance goretex jackets and the Arcteryx warranty rep said it was a fabric defect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deathrazr said:


Unfortunately theres nothing you can do about it. That happened to one of my Veilance goretex jackets and the Arcteryx warranty rep said it was a fabric defect.

Basically this. To improve longevity it's advised that if you do any sort of hardwearing to wash every 10–30 uses to clean all the accumulated dirt and grime. The "patina" many are fond of is of detriment to the performance of the fabrics—especially in terms of breathability. Some people report that dirt and oils accelerate degradation/delamination as well.

Edited by CARLOOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigyen said:

Just took my 47a out of the closet for the first time since the spring and I noticed the grid lining is becoming detached from membrane. Is there anything I can do about this? I wear this thing to death every winter. See pictures below.

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.03.42 PM.png

Delamination. This would normally be grounds for replacement, if there was a warranty. Arc has replaced a few of my shells over things like this (the other thing that tends to happen is the face fabric separates from the membrane, causing “bubbles” to form in the Gore-Tex.

The best thing you can do to avoid this is to wash your jackets regularly—if you’re wearing it daily, wash it maybe once a month. Warm water, dryer on medium. Sweat and oils tends to be the cause—you see this happening most often around the back of the neck, the upper back, the mouth, and the armpits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shinnanju said:

P23's are going to be $2020 CAD at haven.:ph34r: Wed drop date i believe.

Anyone here been to Haven on drop day to check out new stuff live and in person? Is it worth it or does it sell out so fast online that they don't even put it out on the floor? I wouldnt mind going down just to size some pieces up (still trying to figure out if im more of an M or L in P23s in general).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bigyen said:

Just took my 47a out of the closet for the first time since the spring and I noticed the grid lining is becoming detached from membrane. Is there anything I can do about this? I wear this thing to death every winter. See pictures below.

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.03.42 PM.png

try looking here for your local gore-tex repair centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

Anyone here been to Haven on drop day to check out new stuff live and in person? Is it worth it or does it sell out so fast online that they don't even put it out on the floor? I wouldnt mind going down just to size some pieces up (still trying to figure out if im more of an M or L in P23s in general).

If you live close by i suggest just going in before they drop it online, sells out fast. P23'S fit really werid, i'm usually 32-33 so in between med/large and M p23's fit hella big waist wise and small is perfect for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shinnanju said:

If you live close by i suggest just going in before they drop it online, sells out fast. P23'S fit really werid, i'm usually 32-33 so in between med/large and M p23's fit hella big waist wise and small is perfect for me.

Yeah, im a 32 as well, but my main issue is length. I'm 6'4" so i need to account for that primarily, given that the waist on P23s is meant to cinch down. Anyways, i'll see if they wont mind me trying on a M and an L to compare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, strikethrough said:

Yeah, im a 32 as well, but my main issue is length. I'm 6'4" so i need to account for that primarily, given that the waist on P23s is meant to cinch down. Anyways, i'll see if they wont mind me trying on a M and an L to compare.

Good luck man, i cinched it down and it was still a bit loose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shinnanju said:

Good luck man, i cinched it down and it was still a bit loose. 

Thanks. My only option might end-up being going with a p23 variant that has belt-loops, which is a shame because my preference would be the P23A-DS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did some digging on polartec alpha and came across this mountaineering blog that does rigorous testing and goes deep on development info

apparently it comes in more than one type of insulation depending on end use and is sandwiched between outer and inner fabric

(clockwise) 60g, 80g, 100g, 120g

polartec alpha japan

from the looks of it, j74 uses either 80g or 100g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the size specs for the J72-DS in a S and/or M?

 

I’m kinda liking that white one, and don’t expect to see it back in black anytime soon. Maybe they will do a H version next year or something lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

errolson confirmed there is a hood for the new j1a :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

errolson confirmed there is a hood for the new j1a :D

Personally still prefer the original collar though.

Besides the fabric of new j1a-gt seems a bit different in the photo, maybe just lightning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, danii said:

can't wait to see kids confused after buying NG9 thinking they will get the NG3 face cover

NG3 looks dope and all but honestly, i never really zipped it up (only for IG photos).. even when i took it out snowboarding.  I always had it unzipped.  Glad E made it a functional neck warmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Personally still prefer the original collar though.

Besides the fabric of new j1a-gt seems a bit different in the photo, maybe just lightning?

Agreed. That new collar rubs me in the wrong way for some reason, and its almost reminiscent of a regular coach jacket but with the J1 front pockets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dranoelsy said:

did some digging on polartec alpha and came across this mountaineering blog that does rigorous testing and goes deep on development info

apparently it comes in more than one type of insulation depending on end use and is sandwiched between outer and inner fabric

(clockwise) 60g, 80g, 100g, 120g

polartec alpha japan

from the looks of it, j74 uses either 80g or 100g

The linerless iterations are what give people pause because of the looseness of the weave. I don't see any issue with it really unless it snags. Just wear no zips under it.

A lot of the info is quite intuitive. Polartec Alpha's qualities come from it's high loft and air permeability. The insulation as a result of high loft results in high warmth. The air permeability facilitates breathability and wicking. When it's sandwiched between two non-air permeable fabrics it loses that inherent permeability and acts like any other piece of synthetic insulation. Another thing is that it's woven and fleece like so it doesn't have the bunching issues like primaloft or down. 

Let's keep it 100. Y'all ain't doing mountaineering or active shit in your acronym though. I gym climb in a J55-MP on occasion and it works for a softshell. I wouldn't do any hard physical activity in my shit though.

Edited by CARLOOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, strikethrough said:

Thanks. My only option might end-up being going with a p23 variant that has belt-loops, which is a shame because my preference would be the P23A-DS

Go with an L man, I'm 6,1 and wear M 23ts low on my hips and i can just get away with it. I found for me that because i wear them on hips when i had a large the booty ballooned due to the extra material. 6,4 that extra height should comp for that. Also yeah can't ever size for waist just gotta wear a belt lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dolphinski

This is easily the BEST fit least 2018 to me.

aint insist acrnm wearer should anyhow follow typical stereotypes but the mountain Wanderer would be some of my personal favorites.

Back in old days, more specifically in Japan, Acrnm items were sale at a pro outdoor site(not the digital mountain though)

The ss-j7c shares same dna and platform with Tilak, as well as some old models like J20 or so. I recently wearing it by biking in a casual way makes me quite happy with it.

 

Oh,not mentioned Vollebak, the brothers talked to me how much they love softshell expecially from schoeller, and they did bring to their products :)

 

 

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

j65-km

1111.jpg

2222.jpg

3333.jpg

Edited by Kamikaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some stuff already soldout at subnet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, strikethrough said:

Anyone here been to Haven on drop day to check out new stuff live and in person? Is it worth it or does it sell out so fast online that they don't even put it out on the floor? I wouldnt mind going down just to size some pieces up (still trying to figure out if im more of an M or L in P23s in general).

Haven won't be doing an in store release for Acronym. You can ask the guys in the shop to try stuff on, but it will likely already be gone. 

Edited by chillwaveplaylist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

Haven won't be doing an in store release for Acronym. You can ask the guys in the shop to try stuff on, but it will likely already be gone. 

Good to know. Thanks dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

I climb mountains

 

ACRNM Hiking club FTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program