Westbrook

Acronym.

If you are wondering about the waterproof-ness of the 6TS X Pac just cycled 7 miles in the pissing rain and everything is dry inside. The actual X Pac dries pretty fast as well, was suprised at that. 

12 hours ago, Voyager said:

Interesting observation from the Hotoveli dropbox: J63A-FO is apparently a liner piece. It has the collar zip on the outside as well as the snaps on the cuffs

Looks like a new zipper system incompatible with older shells(?) :-/

You're not really missing much armor. It's more of a minor convenience. And the zipper system has been available on shells for a few years now 

44 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

You're not really missing much armor. It's more of a minor convenience. And the zipper system has been available on shells for a few years now 

Yeah lol agreed ...the irony is, despite the moaning, I never bother zipping the 58 into any of my compatible shells due to extreme laziness...but it’s nice to know it’s possible! That 63A one looks different though and it would have been nice if they had kept the same system. I like to think that everything is neatly integrated and backwards compatible :D

9 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

love this styled with the Kiko sweater:blink:, J76 and raf p23a are def my favorite items from the upcoming drop

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 7.02.07 PM.png

ID on the kiko sweater?

Can anyone with P23 size M provide me with this measurement? [leg opening of the main pant] Thanks!

I have size S and they fit perfectly apart from the fact that I cannot put my calves through this pefectly resulting is little restricted movement range, I am considering sizing up on the new P23A-S.

IMG_2249.JPG

10 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

This sounds about right, especially when you look at the honeycomb shadows on the fabric in the product shots (not the fabric close-up, but the rest).

I realize we're well past the point where it even means anything to say something like this, but it's insane that anyone is charging that much for a Polartec Alpha jacket. Alpha is (last I checked) notorious for its poor durability—which is one of the reasons we're seeing Arc'teryx switch to Octa on all the jackets that used to use Alpha. Errolson is always tweeting about how we need a "total change in mentality" regarding the way we consume clothing, that we should reject "fast fashion," and so on... but my dude, you're selling a jacket that will not last very long.

It seems we're far from the days of "Lightest, Fastest, Deafest, Baddest..." I shudder to think how heavy the J47TS-GT is going to be.

Cant agree you more. 

Whats the most irony to me is that company like Uniqlo, well actually it not so fast fashion than other more typical, still, become more thought after and well design and material provided with a durable life garments themselves, which at the same time make Acrnm a fast fashion group, yeah the word, tired up with many clients.

Never ain’t blame it consulting work like for acg or sneakers collab, but I do got feels that acg doing better than Acrnm sometimes which makes the in fact mainline soso, oh I would add poutnik, sorry but no sisp. 

i somehow doubt the founder bit brainwashing himself enough then to try to delivery the input to his users(well, new and old, and so obviously that be new. Old users actually not really can blame him either unfollow the brand, or keep the price hype, for long time support it somehow means more classics models in hand and sell them back to current market or keep wearing them like doing the real streetwear other than current mode which the flow more high frequent.)

Time would tell, like always though.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

2 hours ago, danii said:

Can anyone with P23 size M provide me with this measurement? [leg opening of the main pant] Thanks!

I have size S and they fit perfectly apart from the fact that I cannot put my calves through this pefectly resulting is little restricted movement range, I am considering sizing up on the new P23A-S.

IMG_2249.JPG

19cm

The other neck gaiter, NG9-PS maybe, pretty similar to NG3.

And the price of japanese retailers is literally irony af, 3150 usd for an adorable Gore-Tex jacket.

If the era of cyberpunk really comes, I am pretty sure ACRNM would be one of those big companies LOL.

3B37C28F-9644-41A4-A3F4-1AA1DA79BD03.thumb.jpeg.bf81e4690426c01eccc18bdb698f5808.jpeg

What's a drop season without some sizing questions?

I'll start: anyone who has both the J1A and J47 can comment on how they fit? I'm like right in between size S and M for J1A, safe to go for size S for J47? Measurement seems larger on the J47 but I've also heard it's a slimmer cut.

Thanks in advance!

49 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

The other neck gaiter, NG9-PS maybe, pretty similar to NG3.

And the price of japanese retailers is literally irony af, 3150 usd for an adorable Gore-Tex jacket.

If the era of cyberpunk really comes, I am pretty sure ACRNM would be one of those big companies LOL.

3B37C28F-9644-41A4-A3F4-1AA1DA79BD03.thumb.jpeg.bf81e4690426c01eccc18bdb698f5808.jpeg

All. In. 

NG9-PS, looks more interested than the other neck gaiter

rogerhuangxj,  where did you get this NG9-PS photo? Do you have any other photo?

wonder_mountain_irie on Instagram.

Here's the SM1-AK for non-IG users.

20181014_112844.jpg

It's totally fair to be critical of Acronym using fabrics that damage easily, since their whole vibe is about function and mobility and durability. But when you say "fast fashion" you're comparing them to companies that are filling up landfills with shitty throwaway clothing, which is unfair imo.

Fast fashion is about huge volume, low prices, low quality. Even the fragile Acronym pieces like the foil bags depreciate little and often make their way through three owners before being retired. And obviously Acronym is not high volume low price :) there's tons of well-made-but-not-durable clothing in menswear and high fashion all around, but you wouldn't compare that to Zara.

"Alpha is (last I checked) notorious for its poor durability"

With a woven insulation like Alpha I think there is some advantage for lifespan vs loose fills as it won't settle or clump. A bit surprised to hear that it's notoriously poor as my own experience with Alpha has been positive, up to this point.  

Does it really matter if its shitty quality? If someone has the means to drop 2k on a jacket then they will surely have enough to drop another 2k when it breaks. Its not like someone who buys Acronym is calculating the cost per use. 

28 minutes ago, CB200 said:

my own experience with Alpha has been positive, up to this point.  

Can you elaborate? How have you experienced the fabric, which brands, and what have you been using it for?

1 minute ago, upheavel said:

Does it really matter if its shitty quality? If someone has the means to drop 2k on a jacket then they will surely have enough to drop another 2k when it breaks. Its not like someone who buys Acronym is calculating the cost per use. 

Personally I feel it does, because that’s one of the draws, if not USPs. They’ve always been more than a fashion brand. Design is a huge factor, but to me mostly because it’s built on a foundation of usability that thinks outside of the box of “regular” outdoor wear. They’ve made something I didn’t even know I wanted.

Now if that design falls apart after a couple of uses... the appeal is going to diminish, because (imo) the product does not live up to the expectations that are set, and to what we’ve come to expect. If I drop 2 on a jacket, and that jacket starts tearing after 3 months, I’ll hesitate to drop the same on another.

Even though I am not really putting the fabric and design through its paces, I like the fact that I can, and to know that it’s more than “just a jacket”.

I’m not buying a Porsche to do groceries in, after all...

Quality is not durability, and tbh i'm fine with Acronym doing a comparatively fragile piece in an experimental fabric now and then. It's not like they are switching everything to be polartec alpha, he's still releasing a heavy goretex jacket and xpac bags.

1. source on polartec alpha not being durable?
  2. I'm not clear on how that white jacket could be polartec alpha, are you sure? It looks like alpha is a fleece kind of fabric, which is not the texture I'm seeing in the promo pics? At the very least it doesn't look like alpha is the outward facing layer which should improve durability quite a bit?

1 hour ago, upheavel said:

Considering how durable all of my ACR has been up to this point, I actually do calculate cost per use, and it’s far more economical thus far than repeatedly buying cheaper ‘throwaway’ garments, not to mention more environmentally sound. I say thus far as I haven’t used anything other than the S/CH/DS, GTpro3/PL, and laminate. If my $800 pair of P10-S’ I bought 2 years back had started to crumble after 6 months, there’s no way I’d have gambled on more gear. But the 2 jackets, bag, 2 shirts, and 3 pairs of pants that are in my current rotation have held up amazingly well from repeated offtimes daily use. I can count the number of days in the last couple years that I’ve worn a pair pants that weren’t P10’s. I haven’t babied any of my gear in any way shape or form. If the durability/usuabilty factor diminishes in favor of strictly style based/architectural pieces, I’m out. 

49 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Considering how durable all of my ACR has been up to this point, I actually do calculate cost per use, and it’s far more economical thus far than repeatedly buying cheaper ‘throwaway’ garments, not to mention more environmentally sound. I say thus far as I haven’t used anything other than the S/CH/DS, GTpro3/PL, and laminate. If my $800 pair of P10-S’ I bought 2 years back had started to crumble after 6 months, there’s no way I’d have gambled on more gear. But the 2 jackets, bag, 2 shirts, and 3 pairs of pants that are in my current rotation have held up amazingly well from repeated offtimes daily use. I can count the number of days in the last couple years that I’ve worn a pair pants that weren’t P10’s. I haven’t babied any of my gear in any way shape or form. If the durability/usuabilty factor diminishes in favor of strictly style based/architectural pieces, I’m out. 

I'm sorry but this statement is a joke. It's definitely not more economical buying Acronym over some cheaper 'throwaway' garments. There is no way the cost per use is cheaper on a Acronym items over say Patagonia or similar brands. Also, I have 3 pairs of P10's and they start to fade and wear down after less than a years use. I think people need to stop convincing themselves that they are buying ACR for its usability/durability or any other bullshit reason. We are buying it because of the brand and the way it looks. Well, maybe you are buying it for the phone escape shit on the wrist because we all know how useful and practical that is. 

18 minutes ago, upheavel said:

I'm sorry but this statement is a joke. It's definitely not more economical buying Acronym over some cheaper 'throwaway' garments. There is no way the cost per use is cheaper on a Acronym items over say Patagonia or similar brands. Also, I have 3 pairs of P10's and they start to fade and wear down after less than a years use. I think people need to stop convincing themselves that they are buying ACR for its usability/durability or any other bullshit reason. We are buying it because of the brand and the way it looks. Well, maybe you are buying it for the phone escape shit on the wrist because we all know how useful and practical that is. 

The last Patagonia jacket I had the liner disintegrated after just literally sitting in my closet for a couple years. Doesn’t mean they all do that of course. Fading and wear is to be expected in heavy use, but before I wore ACR pants I’d get crotch/knee blowouts within 6 months of use on multiple pairs of heavy weight selvedge running 200-300 a piece. I only started wearing them because I was tired of constantly buying Levi’s. Are all the features on ACR good for everyday use? Nah. But the anatomical cut and low key form factors are way above everything else I’ve used. If one were to only wear the average ACR every so often I guarantee you’d get many, many years of use out of it. Are prices getting to the point of making everything I said above irrelevant? Yes. I’ll concede that. But your point that only rich bois buy ACR and don’t care about the durability/usability shows a lack of insight on your part.

Oh-btw, I was simply disagreeing with you in my previous post and trying to start a line of dialogue. At no point did I say that your input was ‘a joke’. Debate is healthy. 

4 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

The last Patagonia jacket I had the liner disintegrated after just literally sitting in my closet for a couple years. Doesn’t mean they all do that of course. Fading and wear is to be expected in heavy use, but before I wore ACR pants I’d get crotch/knee blowouts within 6 months of use on multiple pairs of heavy weight selvedge running 200-300 a piece. I only started wearing them because I was tired of constantly buying Levi’s. Are all the features on ACR good for everyday use? Nah. But the anatomical cut and low key form factors are way above everything else I’ve used. If one were to only wear the average ACR every so often I guarantee you’d get many, many years of use out of it. Are prices getting to the point of making everything I said above irrelevant? Yes. I’ll concede that. But your point that only rich bois buy ACR and don’t care about the durability/usability shows a lack of insight on your part.

Oh-btw, I was simply disagreeing with you in my previous post and trying to start a line of dialogue. At no point did I say that your input was ‘a joke’. Debate is healthy. 

I thought the comment was funny which is why I thought it was a joke. Patagonia doesn't cost 200-300 a piece. Even if you had to constantly buy Levis you would need to buy more than 20 pairs to cover one pair of ACR pants. Yes, if you wear ACR every now and then it would last many, many years but so would 20 pairs of levis.  Which is why your argument of it being more economical made no sense to me. They do care about durability but it is heavily outweighed by the other reasons they are buying the item. Like I said, you are mostly buying it because it looks good and the brand. If you people buying ACR really cared about durability/usability that much they would be purchasing arc'teryx that has a lifetime warranty. 

30 minutes ago, upheavel said:

I thought the comment was funny which is why I thought it was a joke. Patagonia doesn't cost 200-300 a piece. Even if you had to constantly buy Levis you would need to buy more than 20 pairs to cover one pair of ACR pants. Yes, if you wear ACR every now and then it would last many, many years but so would 20 pairs of levis.  Which is why your argument of it being more economical made no sense to me. They do care about durability but it is heavily outweighed by the other reasons they are buying the item. Like I said, you are mostly buying it because it looks good and the brand. If you people buying ACR really cared about durability/usability that much they would be purchasing arc'teryx that has a lifetime warranty. 

‘You people’ is always a great way to back up an argument... I think you’re projecting a bit here. Or are ignorant to the fallacy of presuming you know what others are thinking. I never said it was more economical in general btw- I just factored in the cost per use and environmental effects of trash fashion. And it’s a win-win for me.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the same for others on this forum based on conversations I’ve had with said members/posts I’ve read. I won’t presume as much though because I’m not trying to speak for others in this case. Nor have I been. This forum is still somewhere close to alive due to users sharing their personal experiences which is why I check in daily. I’m sure that some people are only buying ACR for the hype/fashion/perceived social status. Same goes for Arcteryx or any other ‘brand’. The lack of branding on the last few years of ACR was one of my biggest draws to the label. Which is what turned me off so much about this seasons presto drop. The look of ACR is very important to me as well, but only for my own sake. I’m almost 40. I could two shits what anybody else cares about how I dress. I also care about my footprint and consumerism. And yes I’m somewhat privileged enough to be able to have that luxury in my life. But if ACR was simply appearance based and didn’t have functionality/durability I wouldn’t be wearing it. That’s a waste of so many beers.  

Edited by brainerd666
Words are hard

In other news , anyone know the drop time on Bodega ? Or if any other retailers will drop ? 

No one has been advertising and no news from Erolson has been silent :(

Fucking double possstttt

Edited by brainerd666

11 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

The look of ACR is very important to me as well, but only for my own sake.

Thats all I needed to see. I've owned over 10 ACR jackets and 7 bags and I can tell you that I didn't get many, many years from it. The best example would be the foil bags that everyone has rips and tears on. For all the other stuff I guess we can agree to disagree. 

5 minutes ago, upheavel said:

Thats all I needed to see. I've owned over 10 ACR jackets and 7 bags and I can tell you that I didn't get many, many years from it. The best example would be the foil bags that everyone has rips and tears on. For all the other stuff I guess we can agree to disagree. 

Agreed! ;) (Also- I may have just lucked out with my buys. Time will tell. Cheers)

Edited by brainerd666
Kumbayah mutherfuckers