Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

Are the Kompression buckles made from plastic or any kind of metal?
Thanks for your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@saskey If it’s anything like the earlier generations, the buckles are heavy duty plastic and rugged. 

Edited by zeusneckone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Personally would not use shoulder bags as big as 5ts or 6ts.

It is actually a torture, especially for someone like me with disk herniation.

For that kind of capacity, I prefer backpacks...

In the cycling scene, messengers use these style of bags for carrying heavy loads. They're also on bikes, so carrying huge things while walking wouldn't really make a lot of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

big price tag for big bags

 

also no handle for 13ts as descendant of 8ts-> fail 

I can’t tell you how disappointing that tiny detail is for me too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is xpac too fragile to last 5, 7, or maybe 10 years of occasional usage? I could see myself using a 6ts as a travel bag for a long time. on the other hand, I bought a used 9ts just this morning, so I really shouldn't even consider it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered a black 3A-13TS. Judging from the photos, it looks to me like that stitched strip of fabric at the top can be used as a handle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hooper ^ for occasional use, yes. If you’re gonna beat on it, I say no. Cordura, in my experience, is best for longevity and rugged use. 

Edited by Flipflop214

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, symbebekos said:

Just ordered a black 3A-13TS. Judging from the photos, it looks to me like that stitched strip of fabric at the top can be used as a handle?

Ya, that’s the trolly strap, 8ts had a handle like the 5ts. Been using my 8ts almost daily for ___ years. Oh man, they take out the 2 WR side zips on the 13 too!?!?!? Daaaaaamn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

Ya, that’s the trolly strap, 8ts had a handle like the 5ts. Been using my 8ts almost daily for ___ years. Oh man, they take out the 2 WR side zips on the 13 too!?!?!? Daaaaaamn

I love the 8TS and have been looking for one for years at a reasonable price (Casey tried to hook me up but I couldn't quite do it). Maybe I'll have a handle stitched on the 13TS!

Edited by symbebekos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bike almost everyday since I've aquired my 5ts. Defintley not too big but would be a little problematic for longer riding if carrying heavier loads. 

Also the description for the 3as say they use a "new" xpac composite fabric. I wonder if it'll make it durable for the long term.

Edited by AvantSol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zeusneckone said:

@saskey If it’s anything like the earlier generations, the buckles should are heavy duty plastic with magnetic elements. IMO, they’re quite sturdy and rugged. 

Magnetic elements? I believe that is incorrect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded off my olive 3a-1 with the new xpac, but it did feel more rigid than the old stuff. Not sure if the plastic lining was an improvement or just exposed from a lack of another layer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No buckle magnets on OG xpac bags.

Edited by X.bee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with these kind of price points and continual market saturation, do you think we are going to see acrnm do sales for the first time ever in the near future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, segue said:

with these kind of price points and continual market saturation, do you think we are going to see acrnm do sales for the first time ever in the near future?

No, it will sell over the coming periods. Because every time we speak about pricing but in the end they sell it. Bought my first 3A-1 in January 2013 in Berlin at less than 350€ so the doubling didn’t change the demand. My bag at that time sit in the shelf since one or two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, segue said:

with these kind of price points and continual market saturation, do you think we are going to see acrnm do sales for the first time ever in the near future?

acronym don't go on sale


@Flipflop214 thanks. I would anticipate using it maybe once a week at most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hooper said:

acronym don't go on sale

I know they don't but i wonder how many items will begin to sit in stock with the coming years cause of the price points and even if they did something marginal like 5% off, im sure people would be more inclined to buy than not.  They could hold onto inventory forever if they want to continue to keep their gig small like they have been but with their collab expansions and growth i wonder if they would change their sales tactics.  prob not but couldnt imagine gear slowly amassing and collecting dust until the sell it retail but i also never imagined paying macbook pro prices for trousers so :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, segue said:

I know they don't but i wonder how many items will begin to sit in stock with the coming years cause of the price points and even if they did something marginal like 5% off, im sure people would be more inclined to buy than not.  They could hold onto inventory forever if they want to continue to keep their gig small like they have been but with their collab expansions and growth i wonder if they would change their sales tactics.  prob not but couldnt imagine gear slowly amassing and collecting dust until the sell it retail but i also never imagined paying macbook pro prices for trousers so :unsure:

they'll probably just do what they did last time. take it off the website, then repost them at original prices, maybe with newly taken photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018. 10. 1. at 11:15 AM, rogerhuangxj said:

I have questions:

1. Does the cp comes with long cloak?

2. The collar of j1a-gt is redesigned or what?You can do that with former j1a models?

is it just me or, the collar of J1A-GT ver.2 looks like collar of J69-GT...biker jacket style....convertible collar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, paper2k1 said:

is it just me or, the collar of J1A-GT ver.2 looks like collar of J69-GT...biker jacket style....convertible collar

i think so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, paper2k1 said:

is it just me or, the collar of J1A-GT ver.2 looks like collar of J69-GT...biker jacket style....convertible collar

Yeah, it is similar although I think it's asymmetric to accommodate an escape zip as well, whereas the J69 is completely centered. I am surprised people aren't talking more about the new J1A. The new collar is perfect IMO. Maybe people haven't seen it because its buried in the bag images?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Yeah, it is similar although I think it's asymmetric to accommodate an escape zip as well, whereas the J69 is completely centered. I am surprised people aren't talking more about the new J1A. The new collar is perfect IMO. Maybe people haven't seen it because its buried in the bag images?

might look better with the collar popped up but the way the collar is folded down makes it looks whack.  the shirt / polo collar doesn't work well with the vibe of the rest of the j1a like the map pocket and shoulder cuff but guaranteed its still gonna sell out.  also it being off center bothers me :T

Edited by segue
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I like the collar on the J69, I can't say I'm a fan of it on the J1A.  The collar flipped down just seems so businessy to me, which clashes heavily with the flak pocket and rest of what the J1A is.  Maybe more suitable on the J1B IMO, but it looks weird on the J1A.  That said, I've come to like pieces later after initial lack of interest, so I could be wrong :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I think it's asymmetric to accommodate an escape zip as well, whereas the J69 is completely centered. 

J69 has the EscapeZip, and is def. not centered. More.

I doubt my case was an exception, but the collar down needed a bit of love out-the-box. Ironing nec. to get anything as clean as the product shots. Even where reinforced, the ends of the collar tend to curl in a pretty un-appealing way. Trade-off with the super lightweight Gore-Tex Pro, I suppose...

FWIW, I've just been in the habit of wearing the collar up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125