Westbrook

Acronym.

3 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

anyone have any pics of well aged CH especially the non schoeller shape one? All these pics of stotz patina got me interested in seeing how CH patinas.

Who produced the fabric for the non-schoeller ones? I only read back to about 2014 before I joined up but I probably missed it regardless. 

I got my P24a-S tailored for fit of thighs and for leg length.

I wanted  to reduce the roomy thighs as I prefer a bit of a closer fit. The tailor did a good job and the pattern didn't change to my untrained eye.

For the length I had it shortened to ankle height as I also wasn't keen on bunching. Don't see any reason why it can't be done with a decent tailor.

I'm not sure about waist as that is a difficult adjustment in my opinion...my only suggestion would be to get a tailor who has experience and a good understanding of patterns as taking in the waist and thighs could affect the position of the main pockets on the side.

1 hour ago, sklfc said:

I got my P24a-S tailored for fit of thighs and for leg length.

I wanted  to reduce the roomy thighs as I prefer a bit of a closer fit. The tailor did a good job and the pattern didn't change to my untrained eye.

For the length I had it shortened to ankle height as I also wasn't keen on bunching. Don't see any reason why it can't be done with a decent tailor.

I'm not sure about waist as that is a difficult adjustment in my opinion...my only suggestion would be to get a tailor who has experience and a good understanding of patterns as taking in the waist and thighs could affect the position of the main pockets on the side.

Fit pics?

The waist I’m not too worried about. Ive seen enough alterations where they pull back the fabric between the rear belt loop (two rear loops in the case of most ACR pants), which is how I’m currently wearing my P10-DS by way of a belt. I asked mostly because I don’t know everything about anything, but I cant see it in my current wear practice being that big an issue. The P24A’s are not as complex as the P10’s structure-wise, so I’d presume it wouldn’t be too big a deal. Hemming is out of the question on the P10’s by and large IMO, and seems like more work than its worth. That being said, I don’t know how much hemming a pair of P24a’s will effect the overall fit...

Edited by brainerd666
Forgetting...

Tried to upload a fit pic but there was an error so can't get it up, will try again.

10 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Fit pics?

The waist I’m not too worried about. Ive seen enough alterations where they pull back the fabric between the rear belt loop (two rear loops in the case of most ACR pants), which is how I’m currently wearing my P10-DS by way of a belt. I asked mostly because I don’t know everything about anything, but I cant see it in my current wear practice being that big an issue. The P24A’s are not as complex as the P10’s structure-wise, so I’d presume it wouldn’t be too big a deal. Hemming is out of the question on the P10’s by and large IMO, and seems like more work than its worth. That being said, I don’t know how much hemming a pair of P24a’s will effect the overall fit...

One thing to bear in mind with the P24As is that they're high-waisted, particularly compared to something like the P9 or P10. If you wear them on your hips, the articulation for the knees will be below your actual knees.

12 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Who produced the fabric for the non-schoeller ones? I only read back to about 2014 before I joined up but I probably missed it regardless. 

Still schoeller except the fabric composition changed drastically I believe - significantly higher cotton content in the composition.

11 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I don’t know how much hemming a pair of P24a’s will effect the overall fit

The biggest concern would be the taper. the p24 cut isn't straight, so hemming will create a wider leg opening than the original cut, might have more of a "wide leg" fit overal. The shape of the leg with a roll/stack on the p24 largely comes from the taper. 

15 hours ago, X.bee said:

Is it safe to say that the upcoming P23A-S will release in black as well?

source?

2 hours ago, emenel said:

The biggest concern would be the taper. the p24 cut isn't straight, so hemming will create a wider leg opening than the original cut, might have more of a "wide leg" fit overal. The shape of the leg with a roll/stack on the p24 largely comes from the taper. 

It’s hard to tell from the pics, but the lower leg construction looks fairly simple? It should be possible to have a tailor taper the lower leg a bit after the hem yes? Or am I just dreaming big here? 

1 minute ago, brainerd666 said:

It’s hard to tell from the pics, but the lower leg construction looks fairly simple? It should be possible to have a tailor taper the lower leg a bit after the hem yes? Or am I just dreaming big here? 

I mean, sure, you probably could. But it’s a lot of work and risk for a very expensive pair of trousers. Personally, if I don’t like the original fit I just look at other options. 

that studio is popsicle LA. really cool space, full RGB ceiling. was used in the dark knight.

2 hours ago, leg said:

39907510_232091980822182_3157287745563394048_n.jpg.3f78ffe2fd772be4dc679db2e685a4d3.jpg

J47ATS-GT and White NG3-PS (?)

39008835_2115904238729445_8840595927140925440_n.jpg.baf05bdfe9fe6c43da544c56146133f5.jpg

White J72-DS

39331413_728459317494100_2784870907988934656_n.jpg.20a1f0bcbe77db59a34a2595e2af4be8.jpg

Look like it’s gonna be karate master vs ninja

Has anyone with last names STM-Z had success lowering customs fees with UPS recently?

I called the Dallas office, spoke with Gladys Petit, she had me email my request to them, it was forwarded on and I haven't heard anything back. 

1 hour ago, cornerska said:

Has anyone with last names STM-Z had success lowering customs fees with UPS recently?

I called the Dallas office, spoke with Gladys Petit, she had me email my request to them, it was forwarded on and I haven't heard anything back. 

i did it over the phone.  no paperwork or email necessary. they do ask for it, but it can be done over the phone.

8 hours ago, leg said:

39907510_232091980822182_3157287745563394048_n.jpg.3f78ffe2fd772be4dc679db2e685a4d3.jpg

J47ATS-GT and White NG3-PS (?)

39008835_2115904238729445_8840595927140925440_n.jpg.baf05bdfe9fe6c43da544c56146133f5.jpg

White J72-DS

39331413_728459317494100_2784870907988934656_n.jpg.20a1f0bcbe77db59a34a2595e2af4be8.jpg

Excuse me if this is a silly question, but are these legit images? The first two could pass, they look fine and seem to portray a similar concept to the previous ACRNM x Nike video.

But, that last image... I don't know. The logo / font looks off and that's just a poorly lit Errolson's head over a still from the Kendrick Lamar music video? Which I could see being quite funny / "memey" considering the title of the song and how people have taken Hugh's behaviour lately.

Can we stop quoting images?  Or am I the only one bothered by that?  haha

If the 3rd one is fake, I don't see how it matters.  No new product is teased there so whether it's fake or real to me has no significance.  Now if the other 2 showcasing new items was fake then that's a worthy discussion.  

As for the source, @xumatrix said it was "leaked" and first appeared on samhe's ig @sx3am? 

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:

As for the source, @xumatrix said it was "leaked" and first appeared on samhe's ig @sx3am? 

Not super sure if Samhe doing the first leaking, saw his IG post that’s all haha, though we def would tell all these taobao white Frankenstein like end of 2017 pops up would tell something:(

anyone able to help with p20-s sizing? inseam length specifically.. medium. does the cuff have some crop for you?

46 minutes ago, nodre said:

anyone able to help with p20-s sizing? inseam length specifically.. medium. does the cuff have some crop for you?

I’m 5’9” and the cuffs of my size M were just at my ankles

So that vid was hidden behind an article that SNKRS Japan posted an hour ago - when you rubbed on one of the product shots of the old presto, it revealed the new colorway and played that promo clip - after which it apparently forwarded to an early drop sales page.

I only got this screen in the end telling me that I missed the drop...

5b87b96e72096_Photo2018-08-30181835.thumb.png.b40d783afa64e7efc1dd68a16b7c7b5a.png

Someone posted this yesterday on weibo.

Hope it is not in-store only, that’s what Nike did with MMW collection last time.

874622F1-7D7D-4F9A-A029-0CD93B16D609.thumb.jpeg.fc01fb5aeefda072b4ff781cd9d35081.jpeg

Edited by rogerhuangxj

I'm annoyed at myself for not liking these campaigns, as they are clearly having fun.

Personally I feel that the approach and aesthetic of the last two footwear releases are cringey when compared to the clean, stripped down and immutable style of the clothing line promotions.

Even though they've clearly spared no expense the former just feels cheap in comparison - which kind of echoes my sentiments regarding the 2nd gen Prestos, as well as the change in palette.

Anyway, who the fuck am I to judge.

Edit: Having said that, the Sorayama aesthetic of the print campaign is pretty cool.

https://blog.endclothing.com/nike-x-acronym-presto-launching-20th-september/

Edited by lopiteaux