supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

On 6/2/2018 at 7:32 PM, Kamikaze said:

I’ve had some problems with the j28k. I believe it’s delaminating? Such a shame since I wore it on and off for such a short amount of time 

I had the same problem after I washed mine for the first time (hand washed in Nikwax Tech Wash).

If anyone's wondering on the durability of the K material... it sucks. In these pictures, the dark areas/dots are the spots where the jacket is delaminating. In addition to being prone to delaminating, it stains easily too.

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

Thats what E would call, interior patina of the Japanese membrane to underscore wabi sabi aesthetic. Or some bullsh*t like that.

that sucks to see. the material around my collar is starting to delaminate. i wash it after a couple of wears with tech wash as well. hopefully people see these flaws and don't spend a ton of money on the k fabric jackets. such a shame

Sweat and oils are really bad for laminated fabrics. Both for performance and longevity. I wonder if post fabric production dyeing or other processes may have striped any oleophobic (oil repellent) treatment the fabric may have had. 

DfNVq9gXkAAKd-U.jpg

21 hours ago, X.bee said:

Thats what E would call, interior patina of the Japanese membrane to underscore wabi sabi aesthetic. Or some bullsh*t like that.

lol.

What the deal with a delaminated fabric, is it sill effective at keeping one dry or safe from the wind? or does it render the technical properties of the fabric moot?

looks more like holy grail x kojima collab to me

Edited by danii

FYI I took a lot of detailed photos of both J1A-GT and J1A-GTV, to help with future LC. They are more different than I would have expected: the GTV has these mysterious velcro tabs on the upper arm, the collar/hood is different, and the dimensions of various panels are a bit different all around. You can see them here:

https://imgur.com/a/M7cYMhY

https://imgur.com/a/vy3K487

The J1A-GTPL has those "mysterious" velcro tabs too - apparently they're meant to allow you to roll up your sleeves and hold them in place - I never figured out how to do that without it looking awkward though.

How's the collar/hood different? Just the "cover" on the hood's snap buttons?

41 minutes ago, eyesolation said:

The J1A-GTPL has those "mysterious" velcro tabs too - apparently they're meant to allow you to roll up your sleeves and hold them in place - I never figured out how to do that without it looking awkward though.

How's the collar/hood different? Just the "cover" on the hood's snap buttons?

Bizarre they left those off the paclite version, where arguably they're way more useful. I make use of them on my J22 (2.5 layer pro shell) an awful lot.

30 minutes ago, X.bee said:

I would usually just push my sleeves up instead of rolling and secure the elastic loop with the velcro tab.

Same... these are actually one feature i use a lot on jackets with them, but it’s pretty impossible on any with gravity pockets 

6 hours ago, X.bee said:

I would usually just push my sleeves up instead of rolling and secure the elastic loop with the velcro tab.

Same. As for pictures, I’ll see if I get a chance but I’m traveling a lot right now so it might be a few weeks. 

On 10/3/2013 at 3:26 PM, Appleseed said:

Undo sleeve velcro > push sleeve up forearm > velcro hitch tab to sleeve > re-fasten sleeve velcro back over hitch tab.

Sleeve now stays in place on forearm.

Yeah, the bit that bunches up should be around your elbow, which keeps restriction of movement to a minimum. And definitely don't try rolling it!

That J47A-WS is looking mighty interesting (Spotted in the P30-CH product photos for those wondering).

Edited by strikethrough