Westbrook

Acronym.

I really like the the 66, really hoping there will be a STOTZ version or STOTZ A

7 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

I believe E confirmed P10-CH isn't dropping this season

Alas...thanks for the heads up.

7 hours ago, darkart said:

you sure about that? J72-DS you mean?

wont be DS. 

4 hours ago, daniel said:

I really like the the 66, really hoping there will be a STOTZ version or STOTZ A

4 hours ago, daniel said:

btw. how about a X NEMEN J25?

Yes and yes please.

Is 6203.43.11 the correct tariff code for p10-ds?
Paging resident tariff expert, @CARLOOA
Edit: 6203.43.1190 seems to be the correct one

Edited by alavkx

4 hours ago, lxkhor said:

wont be DS. 

It's DS the caption underneath the stock pictures of the p10-ds indicate so.

9 hours ago, hoju said:

I remember people being really unhappy with the belt system on the 23A-DS—how have you found it after an extended period of time now? There's supposed to be a 23A-S in the Fall.

9 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Looping the straps back through the buckle keeps them tight enough for it not to be an issue.  Minor adjustments required throughout the day but I'm never worried my pants are gonna fall down.  You can also just tie them and it works great.  Stotz will be heavier though so we'll see if there's a difference.

^^ -S Goes back to P23TS style belt system and has loops.

4 hours ago, lxkhor said:

wont be DS. 

Nearly - still one more to come in fall as @Dolphinski mentioned, in white (DS), with a different version (same code) in boiled cashllama wool.

Edited by Danwise

21 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

It's DS the caption underneath the stock pictures of the p10-ds indicate so.

I thought the other colour was gonna be in cashmere 

13 hours ago, skycrawler said:

I paid 1373.18 Euros inclusive of shipping to Japan. But I know I'm gonna get hit with a massive import tax...

Shouldn't be too bad, on P23A-DS I paid 100us - they were 900-ish euro.

the hi-vis stuff really degradetes the design. with contrasting zippers and hardware makes it look like a some cheap rei stuff. It would be way nicer if they dropped cash on custom produced zippers, webbing and velcro and make the jacket all tonal. this way it will look more premium. 

also a workmate bought a basic scott gtx in this neon yellow few years back and had to throw it away recently because the stains were too much even for biking, can confirm they are impossible to clean.

fraying gtx is proper decadence, but the J66 is really nice looking, might be good if one had it seamtaped from outside so no more fraying.

19 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Just for conversational purposes, what are peoples opinions on the raw / frayed edges of the J66?

When you read the idea behind it it's pretty compelling:

"Deconstructivist reverse seam allowances underscore articulation and fray with age"

On the volt, the shadows that the seam allowances cast are like subtle graphic elements that bring out the construction of the piece. On the black, same effect with the reverse side being lighter. Quite the ingenious way to bring attention to one of the more overlooked elements of the brand. Snap buttons are set in reverse too. Love how the same concept carries through all parts of the piece. One of the more interesting and forward thinking ideas they've explored in the past few seasons.

For all the rumours of them skipping SS18 entirely, there seems to be a Lot of stuff coming. Both drops have introduced new items that still have yet to be released.

They just skip selling to retailers like they do every few years, . It could be a cashflow thing or just a business decision to keep production levels more manageable. Or more exclusive.

The info all along was that S/S18 was going to be exclusive to the website and that F/W would be back in retailers. How that became ‘No S/S’ drop???

But I don’t think anyone anticipated how much stuff there would be forthcoming this season.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, lopiteaux said:

I was always under the impression that the J1A was cut a lot smaller than the J28, but the measurement on the site seem to suggest that the former (well, the GTV at least) is cut more generous than the J28, albeit by a small margin.

Is this true?

Your initial impression was spot on. I owned the J1a for two years now in M, and recently snagged a J28 in M as well and the 28 is clearly way roomier all around without a doubt.

For everyone in the US getting p10-DS the correct HTS code is 6203.43.11.90 and should bring duties down to 7%, according to the nice lady from UPS i just spoke with.

edit: duties went from $200 to $90. good luck yall 

Edited by ste.png

For the Canadian folks out there, looks like Acronym are marking it correctly as made in Europe; 3rd drop in a row with only taxes (no duties) - If you're scared, shoot them an e-mail and they'll edit the invoice to say the country of origin for the product.

I just got the J1A-GTV, just 4 days after ordering. Some quick thoughts:

• I was unsure about the color, but as expected, when I took it out of the box and tried it on I loved it. This is kinda why I'm willing to buy Acronym on faith... whenever I've been on the fence, I've always ended up pleased.
  • It might be true that the 2.5L Goretex quieter or tents out less, but if so it's not by enough to matter. Still feels like a rigid crinkly jacket.
  • It's been awhile since I had a J1A-GT but the fit feels the same if not slightly slimmer.
  • The interior feels totally different from 3L... it's much less slippery.
  • They sent me a free Vapormax tee, awesome :)
  • There are no inner jacketsling hooks. Fuck me. I wonder if it's because of the backer material, or if they're fully committed to external jacket slings only from now on? Despite how awesome the jacket is I'm probably going to end up selling or trading it because of this... the inner jacketsling is the one gimmick I absolutely love :(

24 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

Despite how awesome the jacket is I'm probably going to end up selling or trading it because of this... the inner jacketsling is the one gimmick I absolutely love

interesting. what makes you prefer inner to external jacket slings by such a large margin? i find the internal to get a bit annoying when sitting in a chair or on the T. 

48 minutes ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

interesting. what makes you prefer inner to external jacket slings by such a large margin? i find the internal to get a bit annoying when sitting in a chair or on the T. 

d - i'll tell you my take.. if its pissing wet outside, using the inner jacketsling prevents the wet panels from facing my body/prevents me from having to violently shake my jacket when i get inside wherever i'm going which is a bit much when i fling water everywhere within a 5ft radius.

yeah and also you can don and doff the jacket without taking it off, even put it on with only one hand. Definitely looks cooler external though.

2 hours ago, kenwiryadi said:

yo, pros and cons of j62-pb? heard their front pockets are troublesome?

dunno where you heard that, I love the pockets on the 62

2 hours ago, kenwiryadi said:

yo, pros and cons of j62-pb? heard their front pockets are troublesome?

Those pockets are either defective at point of purchase or fine. Some of them were just missing some stitching like mine and they red-did them for me in the end. 

On 26/05/2018 at 7:39 PM, RemarkableArmor said:

Those pockets are either defective at point of purchase or fine. Some of them were just missing some stitching like mine and they red-did them for me in the end. 

Oh did they? My right pocket is missing some stitching too. I've been wondering if its worth sending it back to them just for that or get a local tailor to fix it for me. 

Considering fabric supplier means the actual fabric is changed in different seasons, does anybody know the sturdiest fabric used in terms of abrasion/puncture resistance for pants?