Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

I can vouch for the heel rub/blister on the LF1, I sold both OG white/red & black mint condition pairs for peanuts because of that issue, lost ££££'s 

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always had the same issue with the LF1s, they literally tore my ankle to pieces the first time I wore them. I have to put some padding in my sock on the ankle to stop them shredding my skin where the heel piece rubs on my bony ankles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the exact same ankle issue ... was hoping this goes away when they're broken in but no luck so far ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have the same ankle issue with the all white lf1s, but I dont remember having that issue with my old ones. The good news is that I think i've broken them in enough (or am just immune) so i dont have to wear thick socks with them anymore. It also might just be different pair to pair, my right ankle has been fine and left got chewed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any of you "LF1s fuck up my feet" people are a US8, lmk. I live in mine and they fit me perfectly (wish I could say the same about footscapes). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What could help on the ankle issue is put another insole in them so you rise it. My ankles were rubbed only because I removed the original insole so I can survive journey home with the heel blisters. After my heels were healed I used shoe stretching spray and thick socks and wore them in our place for a day (sprayed them like every half hour) and last time I wore them for the whole day I was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danii said:

What could help on the ankle issue is put another insole in them so you rise it. My ankles were rubbed only because I removed the original insole so I can survive journey home with the heel blisters. After my heels were healed I used shoe stretching spray and thick socks and wore them in our place for a day (sprayed them like every half hour) and last time I wore them for the whole day I was fine.

I personally stayed tts instead of sizing down with the LF1s and have zero issues with any ankle rubbing, maybe that's the secret? i've also never enjoyed my shoes being "tts", i've always typically half sized up so that they have extra space and are extra comfy, including Footscapes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

I personally stayed tts instead of sizing down with the LF1s and have zero issues with any ankle rubbing, maybe that's the secret? i've also never enjoyed my shoes being "tts", i've always typically half sized up so that they have extra space and are extra comfy, including Footscapes.

your true size is whatever is most comfortable. sounds like you've sized down a half on the LF1s as recommended. all shoes should have empty space between your big toe and the very front of the toe box. typically half an inch to an inch. you'll want a full inch with sneakers, as walking/running cause the feet to swell in size.

Edited by hooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got that ankle scraping issue with LF1 tts. Take @danii's advice and try an insole. Might get a little tight at first, but the upper is more likely to stretch than the sides around the ankle giving in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any observations on the longevity of the DS Acronym uses? I've got a pair of P10TS-DS that are showing worrisome pilling. Pardon the creative description, but it's kind of on the area of your ass that flattens when you flex your glutes.

I've got some Outlier pants that are also dryskin, but those don't wear at all in this way. On the other hand, they feel much more... synthetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Does anyone have any observations on the longevity of the DS Acronym uses? I've got a pair of P10TS-DS that are showing worrisome pilling. Pardon the creative description, but it's kind of on the area of your ass that flattens when you flex your glutes.

I've got some Outlier pants that are also dryskin, but those don't wear at all in this way. On the other hand, they feel much more... synthetic.

They have used different iterations over the years, and I think the answer is "it varies."  My DS-LA3 pills near the rear bottom hem, and is more like loose threads than fuzz balls. My DS-HD2 also had minor pilling under the armpits and at the sleeve hems, but it looked more like lint than threads.  Both of these were easily removed with a pretty cheap depiller, and I did not notice any negative impacts to durability/function.  However, while the HD2 showed no visible signs I had removed some pilling, my LA3 has some tell tale signs.  My DS-KA3, which I think was the same iteration as the LA3, doesn't have any pilling, though I have worn it less frequently.  I wore my S8-DS and S15-DS even less frequently, and obviously also did not have any pilling (these two shirts did seem to have the thinnest version of DS).  

My LA6-DS, P23A-DS, and P24A-DS have been worn extensively, but have not shown any signs of any pilling yet.  When I had my P10TS-DS, I thought they were pretty similar if not the same version of DS as the 23 and 24 so I am a little surprised you're having an issue.  The tighter cut of the P10s might be contributing, or you might just be wearing them more frequently/rigorously.  Agreed on Outliers, I have some for office pants and it's definitely a tougher face fabric.  But that comes with increased swishing while walking and as you mentioned, a more synthetic look and feel.

TLDR: I would just take a depiller to them.  Unless you're noticing a significant thinning of the fabric in the rear seat, I wouldn't worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to put EscapeZipæ on pants too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

They have used different iterations over the years, and I think the answer is "it varies."  My DS-LA3 pills near the rear bottom hem, and is more like loose threads than fuzz balls. My DS-HD2 also had minor pilling under the armpits and at the sleeve hems, but it looked more like lint than threads.  Both of these were easily removed with a pretty cheap depiller, and I did not notice any negative impacts to durability/function.  However, while the HD2 showed no visible signs I had removed some pilling, my LA3 has some tell tale signs.  My DS-KA3, which I think was the same iteration as the LA3, doesn't have any pilling, though I have worn it less frequently.  I wore my S8-DS and S15-DS even less frequently, and obviously also did not have any pilling (these two shirts did seem to have the thinnest version of DS).  

My LA6-DS, P23A-DS, and P24A-DS have been worn extensively, but have not shown any signs of any pilling yet.  When I had my P10TS-DS, I thought they were pretty similar if not the same version of DS as the 23 and 24 so I am a little surprised you're having an issue.  The tighter cut of the P10s might be contributing, or you might just be wearing them more frequently/rigorously.  Agreed on Outliers, I have some for office pants and it's definitely a tougher face fabric.  But that comes with increased swishing while walking and as you mentioned, a more synthetic look and feel.

TLDR: I would just take a depiller to them.  Unless you're noticing a significant thinning of the fabric in the rear seat, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the info, I'll try that.

Now that I look, I notice the wear is really only on the right side. At this point I wonder if I may have mounted something abrasive on the tecsys there. I'll try taking the addons off and depilling to see if it stops the wear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, erictheninja said:

Bill Clinton knows what's hood.

 

https://www.gq.com/story/bill-clinton-kith-acronym

fucking awesome

 

17 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Does anyone have any observations on the longevity of the DS Acronym uses? I've got a pair of P10TS-DS that are showing worrisome pilling. Pardon the creative description, but it's kind of on the area of your ass that flattens when you flex your glutes.

I've got some Outlier pants that are also dryskin, but those don't wear at all in this way. On the other hand, they feel much more... synthetic.

considering how much i wear my p10ts-ds i'm wondering.. do you often sit on brick or other rough surfaces? my pants look lik enew and i've worn them on average about 4 out of 7 days a week since i bought them when they dropped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Brainboy said:

Time to put EscapeZipæ on pants too! 

ex use to say that all tha time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wanted to highlight the little things for a second... recently the static electricity has been out of control.. but when i wear S, DS, or CH and slide of my desk chair, i never get shocked. they all must be anti-static. i usually wake up up and put sweatshorts on, then get a huge shock - not how i want to start my day. so now i just slip into some acr right out of bed. crazy benefits you wouldn't have thought mattered at all.. just wanted to share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nodre said:

considering how much i wear my p10ts-ds i'm wondering.. do you often sit on brick or other rough surfaces? my pants look lik enew and i've worn them on average about 4 out of 7 days a week since i bought them when they dropped. 

Nope. I guess I could have slid down something and forgot, but afaik just normal wear, about as much as you. The only thing I can think of is that I have weightlifter thighs, but it's stretchy fabric so it shouldn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excuse me for not being USA enough. but how is Bill Clinton relevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did anyone in california get a letter in regards to paying state tax on acronym purchases.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danii said:

excuse me for not being USA enough. but how is Bill Clinton relevant?

I think you're reading into it a little too much man...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, danii said:

excuse me for not being USA enough. but how is Bill Clinton relevant?

 

damn dog you really out here tryna define Bill Clinton's relevancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t want to have to battle an ex-pres for every seasons ACRNM drop. The man has connections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J61-gt owners out there, can you tell me how loose fitting the model is, esp in the chest, shoulders?

I’d be going for XL by the way.

alot of layering room? Belly room for me right now!

will be attaching an acg liner if it has the facility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125