supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:37 AM, Voyager said:

I placed three orders on drop day for three separate items (P25H, SM1, J28).

I’ve gotten tracking numbers for two of the three items. I’m assuming it’s the two items I won’t need to pay duties for since they are both out of customs without issue and are on a truck to be delivered today (woo hoo!).

Past four drops it’s been like this for me. Items that require duties required more paperwork on the exporter’s end and they are slow with it. Sometimes takes up to 5 business days. Be patient.

Did you ever get invoiced by UPS for the j28/p25h? Last time I bought from Acronym and this happened, UPS sent me a letter to collect unpaid duties.

3 hours ago, vir2L said:

Did you ever get invoiced by UPS for the j28/p25h? Last time I bought from Acronym and this happened, UPS sent me a letter to collect unpaid duties.

Sorry, I know this wasn't directed to me, but very surprised you got an invoice from UPS. Where are you located? My understanding from having quite a few issues with them and spending a lot of time with customer service is that they won't deliver anything unless duties have been prepaid on the phone / online or someone gives them a check when they drop off the package. Fedex does invoicing post delivery 100% of the time though. 

everytime i have dues from ups i will get the invoice a week - two weeks after the item arrives. personally they have never held a package to collect duties before releasing the item.

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

Sorry, I know this wasn't directed to me, but very surprised you got an invoice from UPS. Where are you located? My understanding from having quite a few issues with them and spending a lot of time with customer service is that they won't deliver anything unless duties have been prepaid on the phone / online or someone gives them a check when they drop off the package. Fedex does invoicing post delivery 100% of the time though. 

USA, this has happened quite often for the past decade that I've been shopping with Acronym. Prior to 2015, the de minimis value was only $200 so you had to pay duties for pretty much everything from them. 

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

everytime i have dues from ups i will get the invoice a week - two weeks after the item arrives. personally they have never held a package to collect duties before releasing the item.

Yep, sometimes I know beforehand that they won't release it as it's explicitly said in the tracking screen... other times it's not and they just deliver the package to you and wait for the collection notice.

On a side note, one of my close buddies is moving to HK so if ever Acronym comes out with a powerhouse of a season (I'm talking at least 6+ items to purchase), I'll just have Acronym ship all that shit to him. Not going to bother dealing with UPS just because some dude in the Czech Republic is too lazy to identify the correct recreational performance outerwear HTS classification.

5 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Got the J47A-WS in. Love it.

It's sick, it got me kinda hyped for SS18 to be honest lol

9 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Got the J47A-WS in. Love it.

Pics/review when you get a chance? Please and TIA.

First impressions: more impressed by this version coming from the GT Pro-Shell version. It feels more Acronym in a way, it wears like the recent J28-K in my limited time with it.

Some things to note:

1. Gore Windstopper Active: Putting it side by side with the 61, it looks identical. So, same as J61-WS and the most recent J25-WS iteration. Very durable fabric despite the insubstantial feeling. Drapes very well and is actually breathable. Functionally weatherproof, I’ve worn this in light misting to downpours and remained dry.
  2. Other than the obvious fabric change there are a few changes to note:
  • Press studs are reversed with the male side away from the body, maybe to prevent pinching or facilitate pressing, unsure after a day.
  • Additional midsection press stud in addition to the InterOps and hem press stud.
  • Additional midsection shockcord adjustment.
  • The left mezzanine chest pocket, the one that the jacket stuffs into, has a silver  reversible ykk pull for opening and closing when stowed.
  • Obvious tec-sys mounting points inside the mezzanine pocket when turned inside out.
  • No gravity pockets.
  • Same hood stowing strap, same adjustments and hem expansion zip, largely the same Vislon Aquaguard zippers.
  • Still got EscapeZip.

59 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

The left mezzanine chest pocket, the one that the jacket stuffs into, has a silver  reversible ykk pull for opening and closing when stowed.

Any clue as to why this one different pull? It really stands out to me in the pics of the design, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Is there a functional reason?

12 hours ago, vir2L said:

USA, this has happened quite often for the past decade that I've been shopping with Acronym. Prior to 2015, the de minimis value was only $200 so you had to pay duties for pretty much everything from them. 

Yep, sometimes I know beforehand that they won't release it as it's explicitly said in the tracking screen... other times it's not and they just deliver the package to you and wait for the collection notice.

On a side note, one of my close buddies is moving to HK so if ever Acronym comes out with a powerhouse of a season (I'm talking at least 6+ items to purchase), I'll just have Acronym ship all that shit to him. Not going to bother dealing with UPS just because some dude in the Czech Republic is too lazy to identify the correct recreational performance outerwear HTS classification.

It's sick, it got me kinda hyped for SS18 to be honest lol

stop frontin' like you've been buying ACRNM for the "past decade" hypebeast lmao

15 hours ago, Kasper said:

15 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

throwing my anecdote here. last time i tried to pay duties over the phone, but they were having trouble processing my payment. they ended up releasing the package for delivery and invoiced me separately a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, emenel said:

Any clue as to why this one different pull? It really stands out to me in the pics of the design, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Is there a functional reason?

It’s reversible so the pull can be used by either side—to open the pocket when stowed or when worn

Edited by CARLOOA

24 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

It’s reversible so the pull can be used by either side—to open the pocket when stowed or when worn

Of course... I should have clued in when you said "reversible" the first time :)

are there any DS pants besides p10ts, p25, p23a, and p24a ?

Hey folks,

any experiences about washing the j46-ws? It says 40 degree machine wash on the tag but I'm a little sceptical with it. Should I prefer a professional dry clean?

Thanks for your help!

Machine wash with nikwax only issue is zip and studs show wear after a while

material will be fine

gore tex have amazing CS compared to acrnm

Edited by greencarman

3 hours ago, solographik said:

Speaking of P17-DS..Some ACR gore for y'all.

Bianchi super pista: 1, P17-DS: 0. Don't bike in baggy shit (rookie mistake).

S78uDMn.jpg

As a fixed-gear riders myself, you should roll your right pant leg up to your calf. Saves you from these types of situations.

4 hours ago, solographik said:

Speaking of P17-DS..Some ACR gore for y'all.

Bianchi super pista: 1, P17-DS: 0. Don't bike in baggy shit (rookie mistake).

S78uDMn.jpg

RIP. Prayers go out to your family.

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:

As a fixed-gear riders myself, you should roll your right pant leg up to your calf. Saves you from these types of situations.

I know, I usually wear pants that are tapered -.- . Too late now. 

26 minutes ago, senorfraz said:

RIP. Prayers go out to your family.

Time to get them stitched will report back

12 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

The host is super awkward, but they cover some interesting topics. 

Worth checking though.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av17452757/?share_source=copy_link&ts=1518268749&share_medium=iphone&bbid=5f33fdd0eb8f29fc2b986dce89b92df4

actually, despite the host having maybe a nervous cadence (probably the language barrier, but he was totally fluent) he asked really great questions. if this was an american journalist, it would've been awful. thanks for the link! 

also what was that intermittent scrolling text in green at the top of the video? there was a question mark after a couple of words. 

28 minutes ago, nodre said:

actually, despite the host having maybe a nervous cadence (probably the language barrier, but he was totally fluent) he asked really great questions. if this was an american journalist, it would've been awful. thanks for the link! 

also what was that intermittent scrolling text in green at the top of the video? there was a question mark after a couple of words. 

Indeed haha. 

That be mainly as live commenting, but as far as i recall that would be mainly asia thing(Japan as danmaku, In China as 弹幕, dunno the Korean name but all the same)