supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

Anyone have thoughts on the P24-S? Looking to pick up my first pair of ACR pants. These don't seem to get much love from this past drop, but curious to see what people think and/or some fit pics. All the retailer pics I've seen look terrible except for ACR's site (not surprised).

2 hours ago, lobol said:

Anyone have thoughts on the P24-S? Looking to pick up my first pair of ACR pants. These don't seem to get much love from this past drop, but curious to see what people think and/or some fit pics. All the retailer pics I've seen look terrible except for ACR's site (not surprised).

First off, how tall are you? Height is a very big deal with these pants since they are extremely baggy. All the retailer pics look terrible because these pants aren't aesthetically pleasing. It's seriously just a standard cut pant and there's zero details that evoke the "oohs and aahs" that other Acronym pants do. Honestly, I feel like the only people who copped this piece are the ones who missed out on the P24A-S from last season. The predecessor just looks so much better with the extra pockets.

I think you're better off saving your money and getting a P10 piece as your first Acronym pant. It's a safe bet and it looks good. The taper allows for a cleaner silhouette and the mobility is second to none with the articulation and gusseted cuffs (i.e. extra details that make the P24-S an even worse buy). For the majority of us who like the baggy look, we already have the P16-S and P20-S to fit that role, which once again, trivializes the P24-S.

But if you're the type of guy to spend $650+ and have pants that look like baggy Dickies, be my guest.

Edit: If you still want to give these a try and you're size S, keep an eye out on Notre. Black sz S will restock by next week at the latest. Other sizes (especially for RAF Green) are just sitting so it shouldn't be hard to find them on the other retailers.

Edited by vir2L

29 minutes ago, vir2L said:

First off, how tall are you? Height is a very big deal with these pants since they are extremely baggy. All the retailer pics look terrible because these pants aren't aesthetically pleasing. It's seriously just a standard cut pant and there's zero details that evoke the "oohs and aahs" that other Acronym pants do. Honestly, I feel like the only people who copped this piece are the ones who missed out on the P24A-S from last season. The predecessor just looks so much better with the extra pockets.

I think you're better off saving your money and getting a P10 piece as your first Acronym pant. It's a safe bet and it looks good. The taper allows for a cleaner silhouette and the mobility is second to none with the articulation and gusseted cuffs (i.e. extra details that make the P24-S an even worse buy). For the majority of us who like the baggy look, we already have the P16-S and P20-S to fit that role, which once again, trivializes the P24-S.

But if you're the type of guy to spend $650+ and have pants that look like baggy Dickies, be my guest.

Edit: If you still want to give these a try and you're size S, keep an eye out on Notre. Black sz S will restock by next week at the latest. Other sizes (especially for RAF Green) are just sitting so it shouldn't be hard to find them on the other retailers.

Definitely no wow-factor but theyre solid and I like them. Personally I have two pairs of 24As and am already avoiding them for these - I suspect I'm in the minority there though ;) I got them as a neutral go-to pant which they do well. I sometimes feel a bit like a bin-man/rollerblader with all those 24A pockets but yes, they're more obviously Acronym whereas the 24 could be anything from a distance so you may not think you bought anything very special. 

less acrnm look=more wearability with other brands

I did not like the pockets on 24A too and I don't find 3/4 cuts much wearable (weather aspects). Very good choice if you need some baggies.

I'd have to agree with the folks leaning towards the P24-S.  I have a ton of Engineered Garments & Needles which fits in well with the aesthetic of this pant.  Aside from that, it's extremely versatile.  For folks who wear different wardrobes altogether, this can bridge the gap between performance and semi-formal/formal.  I think the description hits the nail on the head when it says: "semi-trad straight leg make a no-too-casual, yet not-too-neat, impression".  It'll continue to gain admirers.

update on thermaltech j1a: slated release is September (not official); will be 1500 euro; colette exclusive

2 minutes ago, CountZatara said:

Can anyone elaborate on the stainless steel mesh material? How does that material have thermal properties?

facepalm.jpg

Edited by nesherman

10 minutes ago, nesherman said:

facepalm.jpg

Not poking fun at anyone but thought it'd be the most appropriate time to add the double face palm to the thread.

IMG_3960.JPG

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2015115883

If you really want to know or if you're science literate. That's the thermaltech coating patent application.

Where were you manufactured?  You're a walking reference bank.

Since we're inquiring about upcoming wallet assassins, any word on the 3A-MZ4?

Grabbed a pair of the 24s in RAF L and couldn't be happier.

I wear them every opportunity I can get. Comfy. Great mobility, and low key, but you get that subtle pocket flap detail which I appreciate . The thigh pocket's on the A's were a bit much for me. I tried on the M and they fit waist wise, but the point of the pants is to have them be baggy so I went L. I'm 5'11 190.

I understand why these wouldn't be someone's first pair of ACR pants, as they're the most normal pants they make. I'm also a big fan of how clean the S fabric is, I had a pair of 15's that didn't work for me, but I admired the fabric, so happy to have it back in my wardrobe.

That thermal fabric looks insane, can't wait to put my hands on it. 

Edited by nigel1

btw no new info about the rumoured drop of -pb's today?

Edited by lesteel

11 hours ago, lesteel said:

btw no new info about the rumoured drop of -pb's today?

I think it's just that. A rumor. Could be dropping next week next month who knows

1 hour ago, AvantSol said:

She makes it look good

606b52db71_w950.jpg

I'll be honest.. Melody convinced me to get the J61

6 hours ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Jesus Christ, the model is wearing Yeezy's..

f3f579f472_w950.jpg

Is it just me, or are we looking at a new P23?

14 minutes ago, GFNS said:

They look to be...P23TS-CH's

Edited by CARLOOA

41 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Full view [ With P23TS-CH ], exact description for that photo on acrnm.com