supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

I'd love to see some photos of the J47R-GT that aren't from a stockist. I can't seem to find any. Could maybe one of the guys in the sales thread share some pictures with us? 

Here is the Outlier attachment with the P10ts

...the provided clips aren't ideal, but all my other ones are in use. fabric is pretty nice, its supposed to darken with age and lose the waviness, stay tuned!!

P10TS-outlier.JPG

oh, and while I'm at it.... I picked up the Haven x Headporter waist pouch, and I really impressed with it.

Any X-PAC fans looking for a bag, I'd give one a shot. No modular capabilities without some extra work, but still dope

8TS vs. 

8ts.Haven2.jpg

8TSvsHaven.jpg

2 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

Here is the Outlier attachment with the P10ts

...the provided clips aren't ideal, but all my other ones are in use. fabric is pretty nice, its supposed to darken with age and lose the waviness, stay tuned!!

P10TS-outlier.JPG

Nice, Im guessing that's the size small flatpack?

Am I missing something, I've gone back 20 pages, why's there no love for the j61-ws? Hardly a mention of it even... 

Is it because it's so barebones? I remember the j25-ws used to get a ton of love whenever it came around.

2 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

opps, and here is it on the J1....

J1ts-outlier.JPG

meccaNIZM - Sounds like the outlier clip is not secured (loose) enough? What kind of other clips are you using?

36 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

Am I missing something, I've gone back 20 pages, why's there no love for the j61-ws? Hardly a mention of it even... 

Is it because it's so barebones? I remember the j25-ws used to get a ton of love whenever it came around.

J61 is the jacket of the season IMO. New model. Dope snorkel.

Anyone have any experience with the J46(U)? Was thinking of grabbing one to wear over a suit for the winter months ahead as a business trench coat.

55 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

my fav of the season. was finally able to grab it from the notre drop. haven't received it yet but it's probably gonna be my most used! 

21 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

I second that. It's a diamond in the rough. I liken it to Solid Snake's cardboard box: unassuming, packable, and effective under the right conditions. If I had money to burn, I would've copped.

Just now, CountZatara said:

I second that. It's a diamond in the rough. I liken it to Solid Snake's cardboard box: unassuming, packable, and effective under the right conditions. If I had money to burn, I would've copped.

Everyone wants the same shit every season. A rerelease of the 47/36/28/1. The new shit is where it's at.

56 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Totally with this. This is the best thing I've bought in ages...even if after unpacking I caught the flap in the zip and almost suffocated to death :ph34r:

Same here, I prefer the J61 to the J1TS tbh (I got both). The waist cinch gives the jacket a totally different vibe from the back while keeping the front looking exactly the same. Really great piece, perfect summer raincoat. And it looks cool as hell packed into a tube.

5 hours ago, X.bee said:

Nice, Im guessing that's the size small flatpack?

Yes sir

5 hours ago, sqsuicakun said:

meccaNIZM - Sounds like the outlier clip is not secured (loose) enough? What kind of other clips are you using?

Also use the BLACKHAWK! Speed Clips. They're pretty strong and light, come in different colors/lengths

50 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

Yes sir

Also use the BLACKHAWK! Speed Clips. They're pretty strong and light, come in different colors/lengths

Thanks so much for sharing meccaNIZM!

2 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

Same here, I prefer the J61 to the J1TS tbh (I got both). The waist cinch gives the jacket a totally different vibe from the back while keeping the front looking exactly the same. Really great piece, perfect summer raincoat. And it looks cool as hell packed into a tube.

How are you packing the J61? I'm just stuffing it into a tube but maybe somebody has found a more optimal solution?

38 minutes ago, jediswayze said:

How are you packing the J61? I'm just stuffing it into a tube but maybe somebody has found a more optimal solution?

I'm folding into the pocket size and then stuffing a bit to get the zip round. I'm sure there's a more elegant acronymjutsu way of doing it though.

11 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

No modular capabilities without some extra work, but still dope.

I beg to differ:

17948451_10211019547298914_79073926_o.thumb.jpg.0745a80926c522790d5b265409049c49.jpg

27 minutes ago, rnstyip said:

I beg to differ:

17948451_10211019547298914_79073926_o.thumb.jpg.0745a80926c522790d5b265409049c49.jpg

Ha! Sweet!

... I stand corrected 

9 hours ago, BRICK DOM said:

Just didn't get around to writing it down, but i enjoy the jacket too.
Awesome length, generous width, the lower pockets are at a nice height, and they're huge.

ACR-SS17-J61-Pocket.thumb.jpg.25a6a65583ee125ac38657d20769d425.jpg

Like that wrist tightening mechanism(?). Like the hood (even though i can't close it all the way up, noggin's too big), like how the zipper makes the collar stand up a bit. Glad to report that ones beard doesn't get caught in it; I guess the zipper model makes the difference. I might wish for the upper pockets to be a little bit higher for a more angled arm position... I enjoy the packing solution and am rather thrilled about the bar button at the top (wish they would use it on shirts).

ACR-SS17-J61-Button.jpg.71b6714bfd888e3bcfcf789141a52b68.jpg
The best? Couldn’t tell you, since as a couple of people have noted it's usually only after the proverbial dust settles that i come around to appreciate certain variation/features/details of the whole collection. And you can't really buy a jacket just because it has beautiful seams, can you. But definately an absolute luxury purchase.

1 minute ago, Kamikaze said:

those p25 flew!

so close yet so far

Shame that more boutiques didn't stock P25. Plenty of chances to grab any other item this season, had I wanted it.  Too bad for the P25 fans.

Edited by Sureal
I never proofread