Westbrook

Acronym.

13 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

Not Dolphinski but I can chime in. I own a S8-DS and have tried the LA7-DS and will soon receive the S19-DS and LA6B-DS. The DS fabric is perfect for my needs in a dry hot climate. The material itself is very durable, has a nice amount of stretch (especially the P10-DS feels like I'm wearing yoga pants). It will never fade because its not cotton so it stays black forever. It is nice and thin but it will not keep you warm. It doesn't have the weight or thickness. 

I have some outlier Merino tees (Ultrafine, Runweight, and Cotton weight). Comparatively its closest to the runweight tee but its not shiny at all. Very much a matte color. Its slightly thicker than the runweight but much less then the Ultrafine merino tee. 

I gotta give caution out there though that the price of Acronyms shirts and Tees are definitely high fashion price teems. Do I love my $400 Acronym tee? Yeah but is it $325 better than my outlier runweight tee on a strictly materials level? I pay the high price because I like acronym.

Thanks for the very detailed response.

It's (normally) very dry here in summer, so the DS shirts sound pretty perfect for that. My Outlier generally tend to get too hot to wear unfortunately. It can reach 45C here during summer (113 Freedom Units), so a shirt that doesn't actually keep you that warm is perfect haha. Then I just layer in winter anyway.

Definitely good advice about the price as well. How durable are they you think? Do they last awhile? I've got no problems dropping that level of cash on something if I'll get decent wear out of it. Like just buying that J47R... expensive, but I'll wear it for years and years.

Edited by Cairxoxo

15 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

Not Dolphinski but I can chime in. I own a S8-DS and have tried the LA7-DS and will soon receive the S19-DS and LA6B-DS. The DS fabric is perfect for my needs in a dry hot climate. The material itself is very durable, has a nice amount of stretch (especially the P10-DS feels like I'm wearing yoga pants). It will never fade because its not cotton so it stays black forever. It is nice and thin but it will not keep you warm. It doesn't have the weight or thickness. 

I have some outlier Merino tees (Ultrafine, Runweight, and Cotton weight). Comparatively its closest to the runweight tee but its not shiny at all. Very much a matte color. Its slightly thicker than the runweight but much less then the Ultrafine merino tee. 

I gotta give caution out there though that the price of Acronyms shirts and Tees are definitely high fashion price items. Do I love my $400 Acronym tee? Yeah but is it $325 better than my outlier runweight tee on a strictly materials level? I pay the high price because I like acronym.

Kinda off topic but IMO the 2015/2016 FW Veilance Component Shirt is the GOAT tech shirt nyco front, merino paneling, napoleon pocket. Also the current SISP holster shirt with the mandarin collar is awesome. I have a LA6-DS and it's dope but it had quick interior piling—that shit drives me crazy. The veilance was 350, the SISP was 300, the LA7-DS was 600ish. Don't get me wrong, I'll still blow $ on Acronym shirts.

Edited by CARLOOA

6 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Thanks for the very detailed response.

It's (normally) very dry here in summer, so the DS shirts sound pretty perfect for that. My Outlier generally tend to get too hot to wear unfortunately. It can reach 45C here during summer (113 Freedom Units), so a shirt that doesn't actually keep you that warm is perfect haha. Then I just layer in winter anyway.

Definitely good advice about the price as well. How durable are they you think? Do they last awhile? I've got no problems dropping that level of cash on something if I'll get decent wear out of it. Like just buying that J47R... expensive, but I'll wear it for years and years.

For me its been very durable. some people report pilling on the inside of the fabric but I haven't had much of that yet and I wear a backpack to school each day and skate to class roughly about a kilometer+ 4 days a week and no pilling where the backpacks been pressing on it. I think for me theyll last as long as I don't outgrow the super long hems.

I'm sure this is not a problem for many on here but...if youre going to buy these shirts/tank tops/tees youre going to be wearing black up top often 

7 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Kinda off topic but IMO the 2015/2016 FW Veilance Component Shirt is the GOAT tech shirt nyco front, merino paneling, napoleon pocket. Also the current SISP holster shirt with the mandarin collar is awesome. I have a LA6-DS and it's dope but it had quick interior piling—that shit drives me crazy. The veilance was 350, the SISP was 300, the LA7-DS was 600ish. Don't get me wrong, I'll still blow $ on Acronym shirts.

Any thoughts/experience with the Field Overshirt?

2 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

For me its been very durable. some people report pilling on the inside of the fabric but I haven't had much of that yet and I wear a backpack to school each day and skate to class roughly about a kilometer+ 4 days a week and no pilling where the backpacks been pressing on it. I think for me theyll last as long as I don't outgrow the super long hems.

I'm sure this is not a problem for many on here but...if youre going to buy these shirts/tank tops/tees youre going to be wearing black up top often 

That's good to know... may look at picking one up. I assume the long hems are similar in fit to Outlier Ultrafine? 

And yea, no problem with wearing black haha.

Nah man look at the measurements of the S19-DS. The length of the small is 82cm compared to the 70cm of a small Outlier Ultrafine. I'm not much of a layering guy and wear these solo but you do need a type of build to make it work.

2 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

Nah man look at the measurements of the S19-DS. The length of the small is 82cm compared to the 70cm of a small Outlier Ultrafine. I'm not much of a layering guy and wear these solo but you do need a type of build to make it work.

Oh wow so much longer, I'm above average but not super tall. Will have to research that a bit. Definitely need a fairly lean build to pull that off.

Just wanna say bodega and idol brooklyn just shipped my orders... fast!!! Love it!!

10 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Any thoughts/experience with the Field Overshirt?

13 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

I tried it on, didn't really feel it. I'm not really down with the overshirt concept. It was slimmer and more constricting than the component shirt—not as much give as other "technical" shirts.

1 minute ago, CARLOOA said:

I tried it on, didn't really feel it. I'm not really down with the overshirt concept. It was slimmer and more constricting than the component shirt—not as much give as other "technical" shirts.

Ah ok good to know. Thing about living here is nowhere stocks this stuff so I never get the opportunity to try anything on.

Might cop an ACR shirt and just see how I go... what's the worst that'll happen!

4 minutes ago, Cairxoxo said:

Ah ok good to know. Thing about living here is nowhere stocks this stuff so I never get the opportunity to try anything on.

Might cop an ACR shirt and just see how I go... what's the worst that'll happen!

If you don't like it just sell it, for not too much above retail ;)

How does Acronym jacket fit? What size should i purchase? Im 180cm 85kg. 

33 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

lol oops. Will teach me to read more carefully... The Component shirts are indeed the shit. I have a SISP shirt from around that time but I'm not as much of fan of the collar (too big) and it doesn't breathe fantastically.

Edited by drgitlin
I'm an idiot

1 minute ago, drgitlin said:

Somehow you mistyped Component Shirt and got the season wrong. 

The 2014 was cotton jersey back right? I like the wool backed one more!

No, I got my wires crossed and thought you mean that new one. 

1 hour ago, bluecrush said:

Anyone else impressed by the J47R-GT? From the leaks I thought it'd be a J47-GT with a Raccagni zip, but it's much more than that.

Changing the logo tape from vertical to horizontal and reinforcing the seams along the hood, sleeve cuffs and hem give the jacket a totally different vibe from its predecessor. The new paneling along the shoulders make it look more aggressively Acronym than the old J47 as well.

The only thing that's turning me off is the lack of an escape zip.

If the copy under the photos is to be believed, "zip a" actually is an escape zip. Possibly a typo, but have a look on the website.

I don't think it has an escape zip. Doesn't look like it in the photos and it's not listed in subsystems section

9 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

If the copy under the photos is to be believed, "zip a" actually is an escape zip. Possibly a typo, but have a look on the website.

I saw that too! Most definitely a typo, as Yoshiii said.

59 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

If you don't like it just sell it, for not too much above retail ;)

Of course :)

AuxZip. What is it?

On the J1TS product page it's mentioned under subsystems

ForceLockǽ
JacketSlingǽ
EscapeZipǽ 
SpeedLockǽ 
Gravity Pocketǽ
AuxZipǽ ( F )

I'm assuming the F stands for some sort of female connector because under "Interface With" we have

All ACRONYM INTEROPSǽ bags
All ACRONYM 3RD ARM Modular [ M ] pockets
All ACRONYM AuxZipǽ ( M ) units

Is this just their way of saying it has a collar zip for zipping in the insulator? Or is this something else entirely?

1 minute ago, rnstyip said:

The more i see of that jacket the more I want it....

Now I know what that damn jacket reminds me of- this jackass: 

IMG_2714.JPG

No offense to anyone interested in said jacket. 

Edited by brainerd666

there is another drop coming. when i dont know, but i confirmed w retailer this is one of two drops. subnet orders for both shipments already placed.

8 minutes ago, nodre said:

there is another drop coming. when i dont know, but i confirmed w retailer this is one of two drops. subnet orders for both shipments already placed.

In before "I hope there is a J28/J36/J47" post. He's giving us the art and you ingrates are whining he's not doing his "Bohemian Rhapsody." "Somebody to love" and "Fat Bottom Girls" are amazing songs too!

51 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Now I know what that damn jacket reminds me of- this jackass: 

No offense to anyone interested in said jacket. 

I thought the look was more inspired by old samurai armor. Call me crazy, but the hood and TS chest looks like the helmet and chest plate.

Don't get me wrong though, I personally like it and got one for myself.

A5476C28-02FA-4714-8F7C-98F3B0F71616-10670-000007A9B5BDD155.jpeg

5BD95A60-51BB-474C-BF6F-FA7DF4EA25AA-10670-000007AA236A7CBD.jpeg

1 minute ago, CARLOOA said:

In before "I hope there is a J28/J36/J47" post. He's giving us the art and you ingrates are whining he's not doing his "Bohemian Rhapsody." "Somebody to love" and "Fat Bottom Girls" are amazing songs too!

I think people are warming up to the drop. Many are just pissed that so much Tec Sys equipped pieces are coming out with no modulars except this foil stuff...

Just curious, but has anyone received their shipping notifications yet? I can't remember how soon Acronym starts shipping their product after it launches. 

15 minutes ago, Questlove said:

I thought the look was more inspired by old samurai armor. Call me crazy, but the hood and TS chest looks like the helmet and chest plate.

Don't get me wrong though, I personally like it and got one for myself.

A5476C28-02FA-4714-8F7C-98F3B0F71616-10670-000007A9B5BDD155.jpeg

5BD95A60-51BB-474C-BF6F-FA7DF4EA25AA-10670-000007AA236A7CBD.jpeg

That's a much more flattering/inspired way of looking at it. USAgent is one of the worst Marvel characters ever... S'funny as just last night I was walking home in the rain in my J34-GTPL thinking what a wonderful mix of different traditional Japanese influenced silhouettes are apparent in said jacket(the J34 that is). 

Edited by brainerd666

12 minutes ago, analog29 said:

Just curious, but has anyone received their shipping notifications yet? I can't remember how soon Acronym starts shipping their product after it launches. 

From ACR direct? Don't think so. It is 5:30am~ in Germany right now though. Probably start seeing them within the next 12 hours.

Question for those with epic gear: do you use dwr on it? I know epic is designed to work without it, but it could certainly be more waterproof. My only worry is that the dwr might damage the silicon coating and further degrade its natural repellency.