Westbrook

Acronym.

10 minutes ago, StolenBread said:

I love this part! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Look at page 282 onward for last seasons price discussion. It's great.

35 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Oh yes, we're going here again! I love this discussion and the people who will argue that market position is the only determinant for pricing.

Dominant determinant =/= only determinant 

14 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Re: pricing, the thought that "price reflects market position, no more no less," is facile.  There's no way any business survives without considering COGS.  I'm not trying to defend a $300+ hike for TS, and I certainly can entertain that at least part of that is because of market position, but for it to be 100% attributed to market position and nothing else is dumb.

9 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Oh yes, we're going here again! I love this discussion and the people who will argue that market position is the only determinant for pricing.

Haha I'll bite. I agree with you guys, I probably worded my last post too strongly but you're picking at semantics and missing the point :unsure: 

I think it's common sense that any business will aim to achieve a certain margin over cost of sales to stay profitable. Just trying to emphasise that the market and brand position that Acronym has achieved for itself plays a big factor in the higher prices this season. It's not just because of extra grids of tech-sys and whatnot. People tend to forget that Acronym is a luxury brand and pricing does work differently in this market space.  

14 minutes ago, chaosen said:

Haha I'll bite. I agree with you guys, I probably worded my last post too strongly but you're picking at semantics and missing the point :unsure: 

I think it's common sense that any business will aim to achieve a certain margin over cost of sales to stay profitable. Just trying to emphasise that the market and brand position that Acronym has achieved for itself plays a big factor in the higher prices this season. It's not just because of extra grids of tech-sys and whatnot. People tend to forget that Acronym is a luxury brand and pricing does work differently in this market space.  

perhaps Acr is overconfident in its increased brand position; it had one hit with the prestos and we all know the DAFs sold out quick b/c of reseller greed 

2 hours ago, piece keeper said:

There's always more to the price than cost of materials.  People don't work for free :P

let's not start this one;)

26 minutes ago, chaosen said:

Seems reasonable to say Acronym is having a moment with the Nike exposure, but I empathize with og fans wanting a better reason to justify paying more every season for the exact same shit 

the primary reason that acr pants cost almost a grand is because people will drop that kind of money on them.

that said: acr thrives on experimental, outrageous shit. they also like going way past the point of diminishing returns when it comes to construction, detailing and raw materials. imagine the amount of leeway these margins give a company like that. they'd be crazy not to make hay while the sun shines.

Any intel on the gray hoodie and its pricing?

Probably looking to cop grey hoodie and p10 in small (cause people ask for ridiculous prices for older smalls for whatever reasons) Also, modulars maybe? Jackets looking pretty uninteresting this season compared to my Grails from previous collections. 

Also when I'm at it, WTS second kidney. PM if interested

8 hours ago, phillasher said:

At that price I may be missing out on a jacket this season. J47 is too much, for me personally. I would say I'm disappointed but nothing can disappoint me more than the Ghost In The Shell film just did. 

As it looks like I'll be saving my cash for something I really want, anyone want to sell me a medium J43A?

3 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

I spy...

I quote my friend, "Shit looks like American Apparel"  

lols

shit looks like hes wearing a silly bow tie

I get the J1TS-S knock but wouldn't the addition of a modular, like 3A-MZ3, basically equate to the same look and functionality as J1A-GT?

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

shit looks like hes wearing a silly bow tie

j48 has the same scrunchyness in the product photos.

it's fine when it's all balck but with white zip, cmon man.  lol

31 minutes ago, GFNS said:

I get the J1TS-S knock but wouldn't the addition of a modular, like 3A-MZ3, basically equate to the same look and functionality as J1A-GT?

Yes, but there are many ways to attach the MPs. The whole point of tec sys is for you to get creative.

IMG_2054.JPG

Edited by yankees19032002

2 hours ago, yankees19032002 said:

Yes, but there are many ways to attach the MPs. The whole point of tec sys is for you to get creative.

IMG_2054.JPG

Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.  From my perspective, it's something that fits into their DNA.  I didn't understand all the hoopla about it being 'too much'.  I think that canted outcome there is more or less what they envisioned happening with a piece like this.

1 minute ago, JoseRizal said:

any baggies pants? 

See page 332/333 the p25-s are mad baggy, they look amazing

Do you guys think haven is gonna get the modulars or is it the acrnm site onlY?

p25-ds(sarouel pants) are 1,155.00CAD on haven.

31 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

p25-ds(sarouel pants) are 1,155.00CAD on haven.

Any more pricing insight on haven?

13 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Any more pricing insight on haven?

it's hard to get info from these sites. they really seem to have tightened up.

the p24-s are 1,000CAD

J1TS-S  1299€
J46U-WS  999€
J47R-GT  1499€
J61-WS   899€
LA6B-DS  599€
J48-BR   589€
P10TS-DS 839€
P24-S    699€
P25-DS   839€
S19-BR   369€