Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

 

P25s would look so much better cuffed imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jesterrp said:

anyone came across the price for the j46 yet? 

In english pounds in peggsandsons its $1244.. who knows in euro or dollars!!! I guess we still need to wait a little bit more!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was always planning on saving for fw so it works for me, but this season seems like a bit of a miss. I hope we get a few nice surprises tomorrow to fill things out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The J1ATS would have looked a lot better if they did something like the J53TS. Definitely one of acronyms weakest seasons, unfortunately. I hope fw is more exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dellamore said:

The J1ATS would have looked a lot better if they did something like the J53TS. Definitely one of acronyms weakest seasons, unfortunately. I hope fw is more exciting.

I think this season is great. All you people who don't like it, don't buy it please. :)

"Progress is a slow process, slow motion is better than no motion."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CARLOOA said:

",..slow motion is better than no motion."

...unless you're talking about climate change. Or cancer. Or zombies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pavouu said:

In english pounds in peggsandsons its $1244.. who knows in euro or dollars!!! I guess we still need to wait a little bit more!!!

that's the price for the j47, they don't have the j46 listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you folks outside the EU have to remember is that we in the EE (for now at least, shut up already, don't get me effing started) have to pay 20% tax by default, so you probably get it Statestide for less than us anyhow and given the weakness of the GBP I'd be rubbing my hands together ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a decent enough SS release to me. Only one GT offering (and a re-release at that) seems a bit anticlimactic.

Where's J59 and J60, E? 

I suppose this J61-WS will be our preview of the J61-GT coming in 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly, we in the UK are being taken up the ass and they are going in dry! ((sorry about that metaphor))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if the placeholder price for the P10TS-DS on Hotoveli was the real one? I hope it's not actually $970 considering they sold for $635 on End last season without the MOLLE webbing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zork said:

Do we know if the placeholder price for the P10TS-DS on Hotoveli was the real one? I hope it's not actually $970 considering they sold for $635 on End last season without the MOLLE webbing. 

that webbing isn't cheap! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

that webbing isn't cheap! :D

It may not be cheap but why does it add 300 to the price? Its basically adding half the price of p10's for a small amount of tec sys. Just seems like a shitty deal to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at retail prices on retailers sites isn't going to tell you how much it'll be from acronym directly. Certain retailers have better prices than others. Take Forward for example:

http://www.fwrd.com/mens-brand-acronym/a1392c/

They still have lots of stuff that's sold out elsewhere since they price their items outrageously. Hotoveli's prices are jacked up typically. End usually doesn't have that big of a markup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

It may not be cheap but why does it add 300 to the price? Its basically adding half the price of p10's for a small amount of tec sys. Just seems like a shitty deal to me. 

There's always more to the price than cost of materials.  People don't work for free :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Looking at retail prices on retailers sites isn't going to tell you how much it'll be from acronym directly. Certain retailers have better prices than others. Take Forward for example:

http://www.fwrd.com/mens-brand-acronym/a1392c/

They still have lots of stuff that's sold out elsewhere since they price their items outrageously. Hotoveli's prices are jacked up typically. End usually doesn't have that big of a markup.

Yeah forward its very expensive.. its a no no for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

There's always more to the price than cost of materials.  People don't work for free :P

Most definitely, its just that I can't really see where all that money went in this case. I've been able to get why most of ACR's stuff is expensive, like their jackets, pants etc. But when you take a pair of pants and strap some webbing on the sides and multiply the price by 1.5 (or just in general taking an existing item, adding something relatively small, and then charging a a hefty price for that small addition)It just seems a little outrageous. I could be dead wrong tho and working with tec sys might require a lot of time or effort to get it done right.

Edited by TechwearEnthusiast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Most definitely, its just that I can't really see where all that money went in this case. I've been able to get why most of ACR's stuff is expensive, like their jackets, pants etc. But when you take a pair of pants and strap some webbing on the sides and multiply the price by 1.5 (or just in general taking an existing item, adding something relatively small, and then charging a a hefty price for that small addition)It just seems a little outrageous. I could be dead wrong tho and working with tec sys might require a lot of time or effort to get it done right.

Somebody else has said this before: the price reflects the market position, no more no less. The brand can price its goods higher than before simply due to its market command, especially following the wave of interest it's received lately. This is even before factoring in any real increases in cost (labour, materials, factory overhead, R&D / design work and such).

I can see where you're coming from, but there's no use trying to attribute the price hike to some extra rows of webbing (or in the case of the J47R, the Raccagni zip) and so forth. Also, if you're worried about prices now, just wait until you see next season :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Most definitely, its just that I can't really see where all that money went in this case. I've been able to get why most of ACR's stuff is expensive, like their jackets, pants etc. But when you take a pair of pants and strap some webbing on the sides and multiply the price by 1.5 (or just in general taking an existing item, adding something relatively small, and then charging a a hefty price for that small addition)It just seems a little outrageous. I could be dead wrong tho and working with tec sys might require a lot of time or effort to get it done right.

Price points reflect their market position. The cost of P10s are most people's pants budget for a lifetime the whole thing is outrageous. 

EDIT: what mans above me said. 

Edited by jediswayze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone with a J1A-GT or J1B-S spec-sheet can tell me if under "Interfaces with:" it lists insulators (or anywhere else on the sheet)?  Basically wondering if the J1TS-S will have liner compatibility, and from the spec-sheet a few pages back it makes no mention of insulators so I wonder if this means it does not have insulator zips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jediswayze said:

Price points reflect their market position. The cost of P10s are most people's pants budget for a lifetime the whole thing is outrageous. 

I was prepared to pay my lifetimes pants budget but now I have to throw in the equivalent of my lifetimes sock budget as well? :P

Well, more complaining wont do me any good, and if they don't release any other p10's I migh just  be an impatient cunt and cop them anyway. If I really dislike them there's always the possibility to return them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Anyone with a J1A-GT or J1B-S spec-sheet can tell me if under "Interfaces with:" it lists insulators (or anywhere else on the sheet)?  Basically wondering if the J1TS-S will have liner compatibility, and from the spec-sheet a few pages back it makes no mention of insulators so I wonder if this means it does not have insulator zips.

Yes it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Anyone with a J1A-GT or J1B-S spec-sheet can tell me if under "Interfaces with:" it lists insulators (or anywhere else on the sheet)?  Basically wondering if the J1TS-S will have liner compatibility, and from the spec-sheet a few pages back it makes no mention of insulators so I wonder if this means it does not have insulator zips.

J1B-S spec sheet doesn't mention liner capabilities.

Also did anyone notice on the J1TS-S spec sheet the "hem expansion zip" caption on the 4th picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: pricing, the thought that "price reflects market position, no more no less," is facile.  There's no way any business survives without considering COGS.  I'm not trying to defend a $300+ hike for TS, and I certainly can entertain that at least part of that is because of market position, but for it to be 100% attributed to market position and nothing else is dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, piece keeper said:

Re: pricing, the thought that "price reflects market position, no more no less," is facile.  There's no way any business survives without considering COGS.  I'm not trying to defend a $300+ hike for TS, and I certainly can entertain that at least part of that is because of market position, but for it to be 100% attributed to market position and nothing else is dumb.

Oh yes, we're going here again! I love this discussion and the people who will argue that market position is the only determinant for pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, hiking prices hopefully takes a cut out of the resellers' pockets. I'd rather more of the money go towards the brand to fund their creativity than go to some kid on grailed trying to turn a profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Oh yes, we're going here again! I love this discussion and the people who will argue that market position is the only determinant for pricing.

I wish complaining on here about prices would change E's mind -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Oh yes, we're going here again! I love this discussion and the people who will argue that market position is the only determinant for pricing.

I love this part! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile at Acrnm HQ, the boys are preparing for another round of 'whoever guesses how quickly we sell out of P10s gets to pick to the prices next season'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125