Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Just FYI, the 43A fits great, shorter than the J1A but slightly wider. Better shoulder articulation IMO.

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed a typo whilst looking at the sizing information on one of the websites, gave me hope that a large would be good for me. But I think the medium would be best. Seems there's hardly any jackets popping up in medium at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys so I currently own a j47-gt and a j1b-s but im now looking to buy a j43k or gt just wondering how the j43 fits in comparison to the other 2? Also if anyone would know how much j47gt's, j43k and gt's go for and could help me out with a price that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone that has p23ts in xl, how tall are you? working out a deal for an xl pair but im thinking they might be too long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slow time of year—I'm guessing SS-17 comes around March? What are you all hoping for this drop? Personally, I'm hoping to snag a j1b-s (or some other "-s" shell), maybe a 3a-2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Slow time of year—I'm guessing SS-17 comes around March? What are you all hoping for this drop? Personally, I'm hoping to snag a j1b-s (or some other "-s" shell), maybe a 3a-2...

well i am thinking some back up for my 3rds collections,if silver 3a-1 and 8ts avaiable that would be lovely.

Ohter new or 'new' stuffs might show up as well,maybe the model p25 for hakama pants,but in case of crazy crowded during retails drops,i already copped one yohji yamamoto's one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to see indigo dyed pieces. Whether it be through Nemen, or some other collaboration. 

Edited by VivaceKinetics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

anyone that has p23ts in xl, how tall are you? working out a deal for an xl pair but im thinking they might be too long

I have a M and I'm 1.82m. Width not important nice they're waist trousers (huge). Length true to size.

I saw people downsizing but I have big calves and when I take extreme steps (mountains steps or 180 flips) they keep hanging on my calves. They are perfectly true to size but just for that respect I could have sized up. But also no biggy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What are you all hoping for this drop?

At least something new, original. Not just some gts with different pocket arrangement, webbing, old 3A in black, p10 and 23 etc.

 

Those are all cool staples but some real innovation is missing the last few seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they'd update the trouser snap closures to use ones like Veilance do so they don't pop open when i sit down half the time. Drives me crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This constantly happened with my P10-S, never happens with my P10-CH and occasionally with my P24A-S. With others never been an issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dolphinski said:

I wish they'd update the trouser snap closures to use ones like Veilance do so they don't pop open when i sit down half the time. Drives me crazy!

Seconded :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sjefur said:

I have a M and I'm 1.82m. Width not important nice they're waist trousers (huge). Length true to size.

I saw people downsizing but I have big calves and when I take extreme steps (mountains steps or 180 flips) they keep hanging on my calves. They are perfectly true to size but just for that respect I could have sized up. But also no biggy.

 

thanks for the info! i might just stick to trying to find a large in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FB046B31-3425-4FCF-B617-927283659AAF_zps

Want 

Edited by Flipflop214

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

 

Want 

dang this came in black as well?

Edited by Albm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oops looks like ur right. the drawcord and jersey cuff were lost on me at first glance making it look like a p10 silhouette. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apologies in advance since i know sizing questions pop up frequently but i wasn't able to find the answer i'm looking for.

i recently tried on a pair of the P24s in a small and they fit as if they were a size 34 pant.

i wear a 29/30 and my favorite outlier pants measure 15.5 inches across. am i missing something or are all acronym pants this large? do the smaller gents get them taken in?

many thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rogue5 said:

apologies in advance since i know sizing questions pop up frequently but i wasn't able to find the answer i'm looking for.

i recently tried on a pair of the P24s in a small and they fit as if they were a size 34 pant.

i wear a 29/30 and my favorite outlier pants measure 15.5 inches across. am i missing something or are all acronym pants this large? do the smaller gents get them taken in?

many thanks in advance!

Yeah, just wear a belt.  I'm a 28 so I need to belt all ACR pants.  Given their construction it's too cost prohibitive to make it at every size like 28, 29, 30, 31, etc. so S, M, L, XL is a good intermediary.  Given that, very few people can wear it without belting I think, unless they happen to be lucky and at the exact waist measurement for the given size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Yeah, just wear a belt.  I'm a 28 so I need to belt all ACR pants.  Given their construction it's too cost prohibitive to make it at every size like 28, 29, 30, 31, etc. so S, M, L, XL is a good intermediary.  Given that, very few people can wear it without belting I think, unless they happen to be lucky and at the exact waist measurement for the given size.

damn. thanks for the intel. guess i'll look elsewhere for pants. the small i tried on was way too big. even with a belt and i wouldn't trust any tailor to rework it.

repped.

Edited by rogue5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rogue5 said:

damn. thanks for the intel. guess i'll look elsewhere for pants. the small i tried on was way too big. even with a belt and i wouldn't trust any tailor to rework it.

repped.

P24's are also a roomier pant, and you need to take fabric stretch into consideration.  For example, I'm a small in P14-CH and P10A-CH, but need a medium in Stotz because the P14's sit higher on the waist, and the P10's are a slimmer cut pant.  Also, stotz and doesn't have much stretch.  However, I'm a small in P9-e/P24-s, and still a small in the ch/ds respectively because they're cut bigger, so I didn't have to size up for the stotz version.  Pants like the P15/17/23 you would go for inseam rather than waist due to the draw cord waist.  My P15's and 17's could have probably fit a XL in the waist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look better than the presto, just nothing really original and too much branding from my point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, danii said:

look better than the presto, just nothing really original and too much branding from my point of view.

agree.  i think he's just trying to ride on the hype of the presto release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gore & Acronym at ISPO 2017, february:

> Entre las nuevas innovaciones de diseño que Gore presentará en ISPO se encuentran también dos prendas diseñadas en colaboración con la marca Acronym. Su cofundador, Errolson Hugh, es uno de los pioneros de la moda funcional y está especializado en crear prendas técnicas que son elegantes y modernas a la vez.

So there will be a collaboration between Acronym and Gore for two pieces.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2016 at 8:28 PM, CARLOOA said:
J43A-GT: I am 5' 9" ~180 with broad shoulders (39-40R suit jacket) I was unsure of the fit from the measurements given and kind of worried about how profile fitting it would be. It's weird that the angled expansion panel gives the J43A an entirely different feel than the regular J43. The pattern is phenomenal—I have radial arm movement even when I have another jacket under it. With the J1A and J43A, Acronym seems to have hidden the volume needed to layer, that's amazing to me.

 

Not sure if you'd be able to give any insight (apologies if this is the wrong place to ask): 

For 6' 0" and ~160 with ~38R-39 in suiting for shoulders, do you think the Medium would be best? Shoulders sound like they'd be right, but given that it's more cropped I wonder if it'd be too short?

Appreciate the detail in your post, thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program