Acronym.

Westbrook

6 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

anyone that has p23ts in xl, how tall are you? working out a deal for an xl pair but im thinking they might be too long

I have a M and I'm 1.82m. Width not important nice they're waist trousers (huge). Length true to size.

I saw people downsizing but I have big calves and when I take extreme steps (mountains steps or 180 flips) they keep hanging on my calves. They are perfectly true to size but just for that respect I could have sized up. But also no biggy.

10 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What are you all hoping for this drop?

At least something new, original. Not just some gts with different pocket arrangement, webbing, old 3A in black, p10 and 23 etc.

Those are all cool staples but some real innovation is missing the last few seasons.

11 hours ago, Sjefur said:

I have a M and I'm 1.82m. Width not important nice they're waist trousers (huge). Length true to size.

I saw people downsizing but I have big calves and when I take extreme steps (mountains steps or 180 flips) they keep hanging on my calves. They are perfectly true to size but just for that respect I could have sized up. But also no biggy.

thanks for the info! i might just stick to trying to find a large in that case.

apologies in advance since i know sizing questions pop up frequently but i wasn't able to find the answer i'm looking for.

i recently tried on a pair of the P24s in a small and they fit as if they were a size 34 pant.

i wear a 29/30 and my favorite outlier pants measure 15.5 inches across. am i missing something or are all acronym pants this large? do the smaller gents get them taken in?

many thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, rogue5 said:

apologies in advance since i know sizing questions pop up frequently but i wasn't able to find the answer i'm looking for.

i recently tried on a pair of the P24s in a small and they fit as if they were a size 34 pant.

i wear a 29/30 and my favorite outlier pants measure 15.5 inches across. am i missing something or are all acronym pants this large? do the smaller gents get them taken in?

many thanks in advance!

Yeah, just wear a belt.  I'm a 28 so I need to belt all ACR pants.  Given their construction it's too cost prohibitive to make it at every size like 28, 29, 30, 31, etc. so S, M, L, XL is a good intermediary.  Given that, very few people can wear it without belting I think, unless they happen to be lucky and at the exact waist measurement for the given size.

3 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Yeah, just wear a belt.  I'm a 28 so I need to belt all ACR pants.  Given their construction it's too cost prohibitive to make it at every size like 28, 29, 30, 31, etc. so S, M, L, XL is a good intermediary.  Given that, very few people can wear it without belting I think, unless they happen to be lucky and at the exact waist measurement for the given size.

damn. thanks for the intel. guess i'll look elsewhere for pants. the small i tried on was way too big. even with a belt and i wouldn't trust any tailor to rework it.

repped.

Edited by rogue5

43 minutes ago, rogue5 said:

damn. thanks for the intel. guess i'll look elsewhere for pants. the small i tried on was way too big. even with a belt and i wouldn't trust any tailor to rework it.

repped.

P24's are also a roomier pant, and you need to take fabric stretch into consideration.  For example, I'm a small in P14-CH and P10A-CH, but need a medium in Stotz because the P14's sit higher on the waist, and the P10's are a slimmer cut pant.  Also, stotz and doesn't have much stretch.  However, I'm a small in P9-e/P24-s, and still a small in the ch/ds respectively because they're cut bigger, so I didn't have to size up for the stotz version.  Pants like the P15/17/23 you would go for inseam rather than waist due to the draw cord waist.  My P15's and 17's could have probably fit a XL in the waist.

Gore & Acronym at ISPO 2017, february:

> Entre las nuevas innovaciones de diseño que Gore presentará en ISPO se encuentran también dos prendas diseñadas en colaboración con la marca Acronym. Su cofundador, Errolson Hugh, es uno de los pioneros de la moda funcional y está especializado en crear prendas técnicas que son elegantes y modernas a la vez.

So there will be a collaboration between Acronym and Gore for two pieces.

On 9/26/2016 at 8:28 PM, CARLOOA said:
J43A-GT: I am 5' 9" ~180 with broad shoulders (39-40R suit jacket) I was unsure of the fit from the measurements given and kind of worried about how profile fitting it would be. It's weird that the angled expansion panel gives the J43A an entirely different feel than the regular J43. The pattern is phenomenal—I have radial arm movement even when I have another jacket under it. With the J1A and J43A, Acronym seems to have hidden the volume needed to layer, that's amazing to me.

Not sure if you'd be able to give any insight (apologies if this is the wrong place to ask): 

For 6' 0" and ~160 with ~38R-39 in suiting for shoulders, do you think the Medium would be best? Shoulders sound like they'd be right, but given that it's more cropped I wonder if it'd be too short?

Appreciate the detail in your post, thanks for the info!

On 1/20/2017 at 5:57 AM, surver said:

stumbled upon this on hypebeast: a fictional "NikeLab ACRONYM Huarache Mid" concept shoe by graphic designer cappiekaldi... 

http://hypebeast.com/2017/1/nikelab-acrnm-acronym-huarache-mid-concept

To be honest I think he did a lazy job on this one. It's just the presto uppers with the Hurarache cage & sole. Response was mostly negative when he tried promoting it in the FB group. I really like some of the colorways though, especially the grays. Would be awesome to see ACR releasing pieces in a slate gray/concrete colorway. Kind of like the J43-K from the Nemen collab. I'm definitely down for some P10-DS in a lighter gray, would be a great match for a white shirt or w/e. 

EDIT: Realized it sounds like I'm shit-talking the guy without adding anything constructive. Presentation was good and all, just wishing he did something a bit more interesting. I'm sure he could come up with some amazing concepts if he did a more thorough study of Acronym's design language/vision and applied it to Nike silhouette not yet touched by Errolson and the ACR team.

Edited by Endless

That is the exactly the same as I thought about the unimpresto though, perhaps one day we'll see a non-diluted ACRNM shoe with no 3rd party design restriction.

I guess it received the accolades because the usual buying demographic was not used to an entry to the market from the left field? I don't know, I really like the LF1 design but didn't like how they felt to wear. They were more brutalist.

I think to myself, take away the ACRNM livery form the presto, would you actually know it was an ACRNM colab, unlike the obvious DNA of it's older sibling? 

1 hour ago, donburi said:

went to KITH in SoHo NYC last week and there is a J43A-GT in size small left and a J56 in medium, in store only. I'd snag the J43A myself but it's not my favorite acronym jacket silhouette so I hope one of you lucky bastards goes and picks it up!

thanks. I'm not from NY but I didn't see any online at KITH and now I know why.