Acronym.

Westbrook

"This release was widely anticipated by both sneakerheads and techwear enthusiasts alike, resulting in the shoes flying off shelves and selling out immediately upon release with many hailing the shoe the best release of the year. Thankfully, it appears that the collaborations with Nike will continue, with another release slated for the spring of 2017."

I wonder what this could be. More Prestos? Outerwear? Flyknit Racers with zippers?

I hope they restock the Prestos at some point, really don't want to pay resale despite the prices leveling out. 

Edited by limeaide

Sorry if this is already answered, but does this mean that the current season ACG Metamorphosis insulator is compatible with the Acronym shells (like the J1A-GT?)

yes it would be, at least as far as the collar zipper is concerned. dimensionality may be a different story as i'm sure attention to the cut of the insulator is considered in the design.

Sorry if this is already answered, but does this mean that the current season ACG Metamorphosis insulator is compatible with the Acronym shells (like the J1A-GT?)

I believe someone mentioned that the neck zippers are compatible, and the sleeve fasteners should be as well. If they aren't you can secure it with the gravity pocket clips. 

what is even the point of attaching an insulator to a jacket with some sort of zipper or loops? serious question. if anything it just means you can't take off your hardshell and keep your insulator on without removing everything. ppl want that?

what is even the point of attaching an insulator to a jacket with some sort of zipper or loops? serious question. if anything it just means you can't take off your hardshell and keep your insulator on without removing everything. ppl want that?

Yes, speaking only for myself of course ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3137C132-5963-4FE5-9432-7E7BBE6B2277_zps

Edited by jbob24

It's for the convenience. In certain areas you basically have two temperatures in winter: inside and outside. It's convenient to have the insulator + shell together in winter because you're probably taking them both off at the same time. Being able to remove the insulator also means you have a rain shell for when it's not so cold.

So, here is a really easy way to explain this for retailers of ACR GT jackets since they're the largest customs hit. It is basically trying to get the jacket properly classified. Here's some boilerplate for you fellow f®iends with duty troubles. This is attempting to frame the classification as 6201.99.8030 @ 4.2%.

6201 (jacket) 99 (performance recreational outerwear of other textiles) 8030 (subject to other textile restraints because its nylon faced) 

As a disclaimer this ain't legal advice, this is simply my experience and my understanding of these authorities.

Hey CARLOOA I'm sure you're sick of answering customs questions, but I've seen you mention 'declaring your own goods' a few times. Is this something I need to do before my acr shipment makes it to the US or should I just wait till UPS contacts me about paying my duties? Thanks for your help and all the information you've already provided

Hey CARLOOA I'm sure you're sick of answering customs questions, but I've seen you mention 'declaring your own goods' a few times. Is this something I need to do before my acr shipment makes it to the US or should I just wait till UPS contacts me about paying my duties? Thanks for your help and all the information you've already provided

when duty payment is due you can call UPS and ask them to dispute the duty fee to be reclassified. you can't do anything until it's cleared customs and UPS stateside has it.

when duty payment is due you can call UPS and ask them to dispute the duty fee to be reclassified. you can't do anything until it's cleared customs and UPS stateside has it.

You can call the brokerage service after it's shipped but before it clears customs. Make damn sure that you have all the information to provide to the post entry desk. With this in mind, make sure you also purchase and have it mailed during the week. You will have no way to affect the assessment for free afterward, this costs $90 to contest fees.

Thanks guys, you're a wealth of info. I talked to the brokerage department and they gave me another number to call for disputes (502-485-2800) but they're closed till the morning so that gives me tomorrow to deal with it before my jacket arrives on Thursday. If my tracking has already passed the "The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release." step am I too late?

Can't tell if I'm unaware of some tech folding techniques Acronym use or if this is meant to be as funny as I think it is ^

:P I was being serious but I understand why you thought I wasn't. The question is odd I know. Its just that I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fold it back in the ziplock bag, don't wanna just stuff it in there and hope for the best. In conclusion, I'm not necessarily looking for the super secret folding technique that's been passed through generations, just want it to be neat enough for end to accept my return. 

In any case I think I managed to fold it neatly enough. 

Edited by TechwearEnthusiast

its all good guys, I folded it neatly in the bag, didn't just shove it in, as it was exactly what I was aiming to avoid. Just wanted to know if there was a specific way acr folds them. Thanks for the help.

Just on a side note, this has made me wonder quite a bit on acronym pants sizing. In P10's Everyone says that an M = approx a waist of 32. Yet the cm measurements of the half waist is 44cm. 88cm in inches is 34,6 inches, so surely it would be closer to a size 34? Or do they just fit naturally slimmer?

its all good guys, I folded it neatly in the bag, didn't just shove it in, as it was exactly what I was aiming to avoid. Just wanted to know if there was a specific way acr folds them. Thanks for the help.

Just on a side note, this has made me wonder quite a bit on acronym pants sizing. In P10's Everyone says that an M = approx a waist of 32. Yet the cm measurements of the half waist is 44cm. 88cm in inches is 34,6 inches, so surely it would be closer to a size 34? Or do they just fit naturally slimmer?

I believe inseam / outseam is a bigger consideration than just the waist measurement.

That said, I'm a 32"/33" waist (43cm is ideal) and 6ft2" and I'm tempted by the medium P10-A'S as the waist is 44cm and the inseam seems like it'd be long enough for me.

I believe inseam / outseam is a bigger consideration than just the waist measurement.

That said, I'm a 32"/33" waist (43cm is ideal) and 6ft2" and I'm tempted by the medium P10-A'S as the waist is 44cm and the inseam seems like it'd be long enough for me.

Thanks for the help, I know waist measurements aren't the only factor, but in this case it probably is for me. I'm usually a size 34 in most of what I own, so I'm not sure if the size M would even fit me. That's why I'd like to know which one to go for, and if the size M is actually larger than a 32, since the measurements don't add up. Another big factor is that there are way more size M p10's floating around than there are size L's. Edited by TechwearEnthusiast