Acronym.

Westbrook

Well I got my J46-S yesterday and was rather delighted to find it was longer than I had anticipated.

Looks to be made really well and very warm.

The fit is rather odd however, I founf the arms to be rather tight or narrow, especially at the top in the shoulder area, I guess I am the wrong type of Simian as the arms are rather long too but there is def restricted movement in the upper arm and sholder area to the point where I feel stress to the rear if I even attempt to 'hug' myself if that makes sense ? 

The chest and body are nice and roomy however so no problems there BUT the inner neck zipper will never be able to be closed around my neck as I still have about a 4 inch gap where the top end will never meet, even if I shave my beard off theres not a hope of zipping up in full.

The zippered rear/side pockets are interesting, can only see them as practical if the coat is open or you want someone else to access them while facing you making contact !! 

Love the coat but do not think I'll be able to wear it because of my physioligy!  

I thinks I am destined to never wear ACRN jackets/coats, bring on the SS Sarouel extreme pants, Hammer time ! 

Anyone else receive their tracking number from Acronym and have the status be "label created" for the last 3 days?  shipped a few hours later B)

Think I know the feeling where you're trying to hug yourself/do the b-boy stance and you're worried something's going to tear in the back. I've unsuccessfully tried twice to make a jacket work so far; trying again...

Also the armholes are really tight for me on the LA3&5 in XL while the rest is quite roomy.

Edited by hjpx

Anyone have experience altering their acr pants, given the intricate stitching composition? Received my P24's yesterday; was initially debating between a M and L, ended up opting for a L for the added overall length (I'm 6'4" with a 32" waist). Consequently the waist is too large with a little too much slack around my thighs. Would a medium perhaps work better? Thanks in advance.

Edited by robbatussin

Anyone else receive their tracking number from Acronym and have the status be "label created" for the last 3 days?

Yes. I had three orders placed this past drop. Two of the orders showed up yesterday. The third is "label created". That one is my J56.

My P24's arrived yesterday and I'm wearing them today. Really reminiscent of the E-P1A's with a more modern and refined design. I got the black ones and the new Stotz is so damn clean looking. These will really look so much better once they acquire a little patina (and shrink a little). They're heavy and baggy, but the weight is distributed well and they don't move like your typical straight leg baggy pant.

Anyone else receive their tracking number from Acronym and have the status be "label created" for the last 3 days?

Think I know the feeling where you're trying to hug yourself/do the b-boy stance and you're worried something's going to tear in the back. I've unsuccessfully tried twice to make a jacket work so far; trying again...

Also the armholes are really tight for me on the LA3&5 in XL while the rest is quite roomy.

same here lol,good news I checked status now and it changes to be really shipped.

Hope your's would soon.

Which is a better or more versatile fabric in your opinion, Stotz etaproof or Industrial Micro twill. The p10A-CH or P10A-S are available from a few different stores, and I could get the S variant for 200 cheaper and without any customs bullshit. So my main gripe is the Stotz or S variants don't have stretch and I don't know how versatile they are compared to the micro twill. I don't have any experience with either material, Would just like to know which one was more worth it in your opinion. Looking for a pair I can use in all 4 seasons. So should be at least be water resistant for rain and breathable/cool for the summer. Thanks in advance. 

Anyone have experience altering their acr pants, given the intricate stitching composition? Received my P24's yesterday; was initially debating between a M and L, ended up opting for a L for the added overall length (I'm 6'4" with a 32" waist). Consequently the waist is too large with a little too much slack around my thighs. Would a medium perhaps work better? Thanks in advance.

Yes I had a couple of pairs of P9-Es taken in. But they also fucked around with the seat for some reason. Make sure if you have yours altered that they don't do that. But taking in the waist should be relatively simple.

Which is a better or more versatile fabric in your opinion, Stotz etaproof or Industrial Micro twill. The p10A-CH or P10A-S are available from a few different stores, and I could get the S variant for 200 cheaper and without any customs bullshit. So my main gripe is the Stotz or S variants don't have stretch and I don't know how versatile they are compared to the micro twill. I don't have any experience with either material, Would just like to know which one was more worth it in your opinion. Looking for a pair I can use in all 4 seasons. So should be at least be water resistant for rain and breathable/cool for the summer. Thanks in advance. 

CH might be a bit cold in the depths of winter, and S is unsuitable for 30C and humid. 

–I am aware of the traditional placket orientation, however I always thought that acronym is breaking those old pattern habits (hooded shortsleeve blazer, no hood gtx jacket, no zip gtx jacket, short sleeve gtx jacket, back zip jacket)

–newer jackets (for example J53) with the multiple zippers would allow left hand interops with using just the zipper (don't own the jacket but it looks like it could work)

–best solution would be to create mirrored pattern, but I guess that is not really worth the hassle to satisfy needs of very few people

–I wear the left hand swing (bag on the right shoulder) but I am right handed, I tried many times to switch to rhs but it's even hard for me to put on bag like that, I have to really focus on how to put it on. And it really does not feel right when worn.

–there is left hand 3A-1, they should create a J for it. (but I cannot see that happening, first I asked about the custom J14 and leter about the J53 when preoredering)

CH might be a bit cold in the depths of winter, and S is unsuitable for 30C and humid. 

Thanks for the help. It only gets to 30C extremely rarely during Summer where I live. Usually its around 20-25C when its the warmest. But tbh, I think the CH variant would be nicer, and the extra I'd have to pay for it might not be worth it. 

Do you guys think a P10 variant will drop in SS17? And does anyone know when SS17 is most likely to release? 

Thanks for the help. It only gets to 30C extremely rarely during Summer where I live. Usually its around 20-25C when its the warmest. But tbh, I think the CH variant would be nicer, and the extra I'd have to pay for it might not be worth it. 

Do you guys think a P10 variant will drop in SS17? And does anyone know when SS17 is most likely to release? 

There will almost certainly be multiple P10 variants in SS17 as well as P17 variants. Somewhere around March 15th.

Hoping to get some sizing help on a J1A. I'm 6'4' and on the slender side. Checked the dims on acrnm but some of the figures seem off when compared to a few of my other jackets. Leaning towards a L, but wanted to check with the community and see what you guys think. Thanks fellas.

Im also 6'4 and on the slender side, but i have rather wide shoulders and long arms. I just sold my J1A in L because it was a bit to short in the arms and was pretty tight in the back. It was definately useable, but i didnt feel comfortable in it. I do like pretty roomy fits though

I wanted to add for those curious about the J50 and J58 (which I own both of) the J58 seems a touch warmer, possibly due to the wind stopper coating on the surface?

I think this is a function of the insulation fill rather than the coating—windstopper is the membrane that prevents wind ingress but allows vapor egress.

Can anyone help with sizing on a J1A-S or a J1A-GT?  I'm 5'10" 150 lbs. Definitely a slender build. I am having a hard time choosing between small and medium. Thanks in advance.

I'm 5'9" and 160 lbs and I have a J1B-S in size M and it fits quite well. I'd say it's a bit loose and the sleeves are long, but it's supposed to fit that way. In no way is it a fitted jacket. However it fits damn perfect with the J58 liner inside.