Acronym.

Westbrook

I still have a slightly specific questions to you owners/previous owners of the j53ts-gt. I've been told it's not too warm, but what I want to know is if I can wear it in like +16°C, and in that ballpark without getting hot? And how do acronym shells compare (in straight up warmth) to let's say a windbreaker? I want to be able to use it in as many possible seasons, to get that good price per wear ratio. Thanks in advance!

Edited by TechwearEnthusiast

ORIGINAL NEG REPPED POST:

Cwz7CzgW8AA9W5Z.jpg

(img courtesy of KIDULT)

EDIT:

THANKS FOR THE NEG REPS. I WILL PAY WAY MORE BECAUSE OF THIS, WE ALL WILL, EVEN THOSE WHO ARE NOT US CITIZEN AND CANNOT DO A THING ABOUT IT. AND I AM NOT TALKING MONEY.

I FEEL YOU, WE HAVE IDIOTIC PRESIDENT AS WELL.

Edited by danii

great price. sigh

Bureau Belfast has also put up the J58-WS in size S and M, at the lowest price I've seen at retailers (591GBP if you're outside the EU).

Somebody get it and remove me from temptation: https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/6821/j58ws-black-windstopper-climashield-modular-liner-jacket

Edited by Kamikaze

Bureau Belfast has also put up the J58-WS in size S and M, at the lowest price I've seen at retailers (591GBP if you're outside the EU).

Somebody get it and remove me from temptation: https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/6821/j58ws-black-windstopper-climashield-modular-liner-jack

Jun, thanks for the heads up on nitty. Got a medium ordered accidentally—Nitty checks out after putting paypal info.

I might be selling it depending on if it fits. Stay tuned...

Edited by CARLOOA

Received my J58-WS today. Some quick thoughts:

As already said really warm, leightweight, nevertheless solid feel and a really deep front pocket. Front zipper is rather huge, wasn't aware of that, but not a real problem.

Regarding fit and sizing I would say it is in fact a very profile fit, I am usually between small and medium, went with medium and it fits perfectly.

As my hardshells aren't compatible to the neck zipper, it is nevertheless possible to use the fasthood velcro to keep the liner in place. It would be even possible to use the gravity pocket buttons to button up the liner sleeves, but I don't think this is intended use.

Dunno anyone who wears Arcteryx boots. I sure wouldn’t pay those prices for what seems to me to be a silly idea. There’s a reason no one else is using what is essentially a soft shell sock/hard shell exterior configuration.

The GSG’s are cop boots and a fairly good example.

Have you checked out the Hoka’s mentioned in the Tech Wear thread? A better boot than either of your options and half the price of the Arcteryx.

Sorry to stray off topic - there are plenty of companies making footwear with that sort of configuration, though none had the foresight to call it a hardshell boot with soft shell liner like Arcteryx did, rather referring to them as boots with removable inner booties..

I grabbed a pair of the Bora2 Leather this summer and am loving them. Need to pick up the insulated liners before winter hits.

Regarding the Hoka Tor Ultra His - I'm a big fan of these as well, but they're more high top sneakers than boots. Negligible if you're just going to be wearing em about town though.

You seen this version of the Mizuno Ring Mocs? - https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/6793/black-mizuno-infinity-ring-moc

Edited by merzbot