Acronym.

Westbrook

Thanks for your suggestions. Took the Bora and will let you know how they perform in a few weeks. Will test them in the wet German pre Winter conditions and Chilenian pre summer heat.

Edited by xc-mtb

was able to snag a j58-ws even though i told myself i wasn't going to get it. anyone have theirs on hand and has a verdict on it?

I received mine today and am _slightly_ underwhelmed. 

first impressions: really, really fucking warm. material is "poofier" than the stock photos suggest. for $900 i would have expected a bit more - i understand that this is a liner, but i wish the zippers were taped, etc. 

i have an arcteryx atom hoody, and this one is definitely warmer and looks cooler. dunno if it's 2x the cost cooler though, heh.

Edited by solographik

I was thinking of getting a J53TS-GT somewhere in the near future. I'm normally a medium or large in mostly everything, I'm 5 11" but I have quite broad shoulders. From the sizing info I have, a large would come down to my knees basically, misleading af when every picture is of a 190cm dude wearing a small. How the hell would you wear this if you're not 6 foot 2?

I was thinking of getting a J53TS-GT somewhere in the near future. I'm normally a medium or large in mostly everything, I'm 5 11" but I have quite broad shoulders. From the sizing info I have, a large would come down to my knees basically, misleading af when every picture is of a 190cm dude wearing a small. How the hell would you wear this if you're not 6 foot 2?

Weren't they all wearing mediums on the site? I thought Errolson was 5'10 or something if you look at his pics vs Ian's who is clearly taller.

I'm 5'9 and got the medium - it's probably approaching the knees but i like the fit - I wanted a long coat for a change and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to look that way.

I think you'll be fine at M unless you're like 200+ lbs and built like an evangelion.

Edited by CARLOOA

Weren't they all wearing mediums on the site? I thought Errolson was 5'10 or something if you look at his pics vs Ian's who is clearly taller.

I'm 5'9 and got the medium - it's probably approaching the knees but i like the fit - I wanted a long coat for a change and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to look that way.

Remember boss in product page measurement was:183cm and around 75kg,will check my archive pages.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Thanks for the help guys.

No I'm not 200 pounds, nor am I built like an evangelion.

The problem is that on a medium, the shoulders would possibly be too tight (measured my shoulder and its 15.2cm about, so I'd rather go large there + a looser fit) , and I can't find a medium for sale anywhere, but there are larges and xl's still going around. On a large, the shoulders are fine, but like I said it would probably come down almost to my knees. I really like the J53, but since I don't own any other acronym jackets, I might wait for the SS/17 drops. But on the other hand if I don't cop this now, I might not have the chance to get it anymore, especially at the price it is now. 

As for the model heights and sizes, I wouldn't know. Since the J53 isn't on their site anymore I think. 

It's such a sick piece and I've never owned anything acronym, and the price is so high that I'd rather not take chances with how it fits. Also, how warm are these 3l jackets? I'd like to use it through summer, spring and fall. Nordic winters definitely require a liner. Already -7C here and snowing. cheers!

Edited by TechwearEnthusiast

I'm the same height, ~185lbs, and also have broad-ish shoulders and prefer a large in acr jackets. I find the fit is perfect. I can fit a medium, but it's a little restricting and not great for layering. Unless you're really skinny the L should work.

Thanks for the help guys.

No I'm not 200 pounds, nor am I built like an evangelion.

The problem is that on a medium, the shoulders would possibly be too tight (measured my shoulder and its 15.2cm about, so I'd rather go large there + a looser fit) , and I can't find a medium for sale anywhere, but there are larges and xl's still going around. On a large, the shoulders are fine, but like I said it would probably come down almost to my knees. I really like the J53, but since I don't own any other acronym jackets, I might wait for the SS/17 drops. But on the other hand if I don't cop this now, I might not have the chance to get it anymore, especially at the price it is now. 

As for the model heights and sizes, I wouldn't know. Since the J53 isn't on their site anymore I think. 

It's such a sick piece and I've never owned anything acronym, and the price is so high that I'd rather not take chances with how it fits. Also, how warm are these 3l jackets? I'd like to use it through summer, spring and fall. Nordic winters definitely require a liner. Already -7C here and snowing. cheers!

It has a strangely "fitted yet roomy" feel to it as it's designed to fit a liner like J58 or even (what I believe are) bulkier ones like J50/J51

These shells are not warm - they will block the wind but you need to layer underneath

i second the "fitted yet roomy" description. have it in S and am a regular 44-46. its definitely loose overall on me, but i do feel the "fitted-ness" especially around the shoulders for some reason even though they are large on me (but not in a restricting way, if it makes any sense), and i have very narrow shoulders even for a 46.

Just up-armored myself with a J46-S with a nice discount. 

Arrives tomorrow, hoping it fits the old silverback !

Naughty but nice.

Good luck with the fit - I have a feeling this is one of the most underrated models...I always get so lost in buying the most articulated thing for my money but they look really classy

Good luck with the fit - I have a feeling this is one of the most underrated models...I always get so lost in buying the most articulated thing for my money but they look really classy

Thanks, I checked the sizing and it *should* be fine, I like the understated look of it and wanted something to replace my old J1 I envision using it with a backpack of some description and have my eye on another item but not ACRNM to match it with, I like it with the external strap look too ! Now to find some pockets to attach to a pair of P23's and I'm away ! I just picked  up an interesting SISP jacket/blazer thing too, love it ! 

I'm the same height, ~185lbs, and also have broad-ish shoulders and prefer a large in acr jackets. I find the fit is perfect. I can fit a medium, but it's a little restricting and not great for layering. Unless you're really skinny the L should work.

Well I guess I'm sold. If it doesn't fit well there's always the choice of sending it back which is a hassle when you have to pay shipping. If it doesn't end up fitting well, I guess I'll have to wait for the spring/summer drops. Thanks for the help 

was able to snag a j58-ws even though i told myself i wasn't going to get it. anyone have theirs on hand and has a verdict on it?

Gave the j58 a test run yesterday.  Besides the instantly noticeable warmth like solographik mentioned, the other remarkable surprise is that the 2 superior pockets are incredibly voluminous.  Deep pocket style.  

Grabbed the j58 to mostly wear as a stand alone jacket since I loved the simple aesthetic.  For that reason, I dislike how elasticized it is at the waist. When zipped, its easy for that elasticity to make the jacket ride up and give you that poofy "beer belly" look. I would much prefer a speedlock option or even a button fastening cinch similar to whats on the sleeve. But overall, this jacket just feels remarkably good when you slip it on. Its super light but the material gives it a pleasant density at the same time.