Acronym.

Westbrook

I would spend 1k on a goretex jacket with more tech/features. But I figured the j50 in particular would be more like...8-850. Which I could more easily justify on something that is essentially a "cool" cotton jacket. Its super unfortunate everything crept up above the $800 mark, even the more basic items. I think that in itself really is the kicker. We are now forced to pay customs on top of higher direct costs. Sucks. 

Edited by cktenders

For some reason a $1,000 jacket makes sense to me, but there's no way I could ever justify a $700 pair of pants

Those were my thoughts initially too and I expected the jackets to be good, which they are, but the pants have surprised me the most and now I just want to buy more pants. You're taking your jacket on and off, but with the pants they're on you all day (heh) and you notice the articulation and ease of movement quite a bit, along with the great pocket solutions and phone pocket as well. You miss all of these things when you're not wearing them. In addition to the unique silhouettes and materials used. Highly recommend giving them a shot

Edited by Tilore

For some reason a $1,000 jacket makes sense to me, but there's no way I could ever justify a $700 pair of pants

Guys, hold your horses. It's obvious the pricing is proportional to the pockets. The more pockets, or in the case of TS, potential pockets, the more it'll cost. Also pocket volume is considered, so the J56 chest pockets count as two or three pockets.

Guys, hold your horses. It's obvious the pricing is proportional to the pockets. The more pockets, or in the case of TS, potential pockets, the more it'll cost. Also pocket volume is considered, so the J56 chest pockets count as two or three pockets.

Mother of God.

mog1.gif

(and I can just see it, flash forward a year and I'm eating my words owning 8 pair of Acronym pants and living in a gutter)

Edited by capnpyro

Yeah but because of the "detached entry" zips you can't actually fill up the pocket since the opening is too small.

To put price things in perspective, my buddy bought his 3A-5TS in 2010 for $498 cad

DAMN!!!!!!

Put it through the converter.

That's $375

but back then there was no

shoulder pad $12

back support $30

handle on top flap

Trolly handle

Laptop sleeve $150 (Union LA price -_-)

Ya, Ya we could argue that we don't need some of these features(like a laptop sleeve.) but it's standard now.

the materials back in the day were Limonate and cordura

(don't know if X-pax/foil X pax / Laminte had a big price difference from each other)

Its like a renovation on your home, for every $1 you invest into it, the return should be double.(In Acronym case tripled)

But like you guys are saying, it's getting to that point, especially now with all the options at hand.

I can see why Old ACR Bags are hot items. cause they are "ACR" affordable.

Bagjack Built. and never really go out of style.

I can't help but think more 3a pockets and j-58 become more available due to all of the compatible clothing that's been released so far

My thoughts exactly. Making hundreds of jackets and only dozens of liners doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Neither does placing a very small order for that BLK and SLV fabric. Then again they may have just had some scraps left over from the BLK and SLV bag run a couple seasons ago. I feel like that's probably where the idea for the MZ3 came from.

Was the J43-K / J-43A-GT hood copied from Rick Owens? They look almost the same. Or is it just a standard kind of pattern everybody is using?

b9a7870433_w950.jpg

hooded_bomber_short-29.jpg

Acronym-J43A-GT-Black-9_2048x2048.jpg?v=

hooded_bomber_short-30.jpg

I'm not particularly religious but I think this is pretty apt here: 

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9, King James Version.

Shoe decision regarding Acronym aesthetics

Adidas GSG 9.4 vs. Arcteryx Bora Mid

Any idea which mid Hiker is good for alround use and water resistant and does not destroy the aesthetics like many does?

Dunno anyone who wears Arcteryx boots. I sure wouldn’t pay those prices for what seems to me to be a silly idea. There’s a reason no one else is using what is essentially a soft shell sock/hard shell exterior configuration.

The GSG’s are cop boots and a fairly good example.

Have you checked out the Hoka’s mentioned in the Tech Wear thread? A better boot than either of your options and half the price of the Arcteryx.

Waterproofing! I could go on for pages about waterproofing, but suffice it to say I’m firmly in the light weight, fast drain, fast dry camp. Wet feet won’t kill you.

Embrace the suck.

Dunno anyone who wears Arcteryx boots. I sure wouldn’t pay those prices for what seems to me to be a silly idea. There’s a reason no one else is using what is essentially a soft shell sock/hard shell exterior configuration.

I wear the Arc'teryx Bora2 GTX for hiking and love them, also use the soft liner/booty as a camp shoe (it has a bit of a non-slip sole for this purpose). They've served me well. I've never worn them as a casual boot or for daily wear though, just hiking, camping, and general outdoors activities.

The GSG’s are cop boots and a fairly good example.

Have you checked out the Hoka’s mentioned in the Tech Wear thread? A better boot than either of your options and half the price of the Arcteryx.

Waterproofing! I could go on for pages about waterproofing, but suffice it to say I’m firmly in the light weight, fast drain, fast dry camp. Wet feet won’t kill you.

Embrace the suck.

Disagree with the hoka tor ultra his because of his aesthetics thing. Hokas are like monstrously ugly. I mean, I get that sometimes form follows function but these things look like you're warfighting on platform Spice Girl Harajuku shoes. If you're comparing apples to apples, the bora mid gtx and the tor ultra hi wp, they've got a price delta of 60. 

Additionally, if you haven't tried the Bora Mid, it's amazing as an all around and wet weather boot. I've got them and I use them for hiking and general inclement weather walking. Pretty sleek too.

Edited by CARLOOA