Westbrook

Acronym.

Changing subjects, to the people who did not size up with the J50-WS, how are you liking the jacket movement/look-wise?

I've been really digging the L-2 flight jacket look and I know it's cut "profile" so I'm wondering how fitted it really is. I'm assuming the Stotz version will have less "give" than the Windstopper and could be more restrictive. It looks like the shoulder construction contemplates movement but it looks fairly tight on Lenny (fabric pulling when closed) and he looks like he has a slender build.

I've been going M (5'9"/175cm ~180lbs/80kg) in all Acronym stuff and feeling good about the sizing so I'm apprehensive about sizing up and having too much space in the midsection.

I'm same height and 20 pounds lighter and the 50ws is pretty fitted. Unless it's all in your legs or they adjust the cut for stotz, sizing up might not be a bad idea

As with all "Profile" pieces, you should generally size up. I have the J50-WS and I take a medium, and it's still restrictive in the shoulders (5'9" / 150 lbs). I wear a small in most other "Straight" pieces like the J1A-GT. 

Edit: You should size for your shoulders, as I think that's the most confining aspect of the J50 pattern. If you have broad shoulders or any muscle mass, you will definitely need to size up 100%. I wouldn't worry about the midsection, but the length might be a concern. 

Edited by chaosen

i only tried on the j50-ws from last fw and the medium was pretty fitted on me and i'm usually an M [5'9" and ~155lbs]. i definitely would not have sized down to a S, but the L could have worked too. 

almost had that jacket, but when i ordered it the shop shipped the wrong item and the jacket was sent to someone else :/

I'm same height and 20 pounds lighter and the 50ws is pretty fitted. Unless it's all in your legs or they adjust the cut for stotz, sizing up might not be a bad idea

As with all "Profile" pieces, you should generally size up. I have the J50-WS and I take a medium, and it's still restrictive in the shoulders (5'9" / 150 lbs). I wear a small in most other "Straight" pieces like the J1A-GT. 

Edit: You should size for your shoulders, as I think that's the most confining aspect of the J50 pattern. If you have broad shoulders or any muscle mass, you will definitely need to size up 100%. I wouldn't worry about the midsection, but the length might be a concern. 

Thanks all. I guess it's a L—or I might get both and sell/return the one that doesn't fit.

Not sure how I managed to do, but I bleached a dime-size spot on my p10-s (close to the knee). Since etaproof is cotton, I figure I should be able to dye, but I am a total noob when it comes to this. Do any of you has ever dyed etaproof or has any advice as to which dye to use, how to do it, etc

thanks in advance. 

Not sure how I managed to do, but I bleached a dime-size spot on my p10-s (close to the knee). Since etaproof is cotton, I figure I should be able to dye, but I am a total noob when it comes to this. Do any of you has ever dyed etaproof or has any advice as to which dye to use, how to do it, etc

thanks in advance. 

I've used a fabric marker for bleach spots on cotton before, works fine but won't ever perfectly match: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026Y6X5E?psc=1&smid=A2P5I4NW0QQAX1

thanks in advance. 

try india ink, made the bleach spot on my p20's almost invisible after dye seemed to do next to nothing. go to a local art shop and they'd probably have some

Anyone know where the J50-S is being sold? Acrnm.com says "coming soon".

Thanks!

Acrnm.com will have it of course.  I'd wager the same retailers that got drop 1 will get it as well.

I think it's just all the usual places but it's currently "coming soon" across the board

Thanks guys!

Whaddup, fellas;

Any of you J46-WS owners care to share some thoughts on it? I'm contemplating if I should buy or not. Being one of the plainer jackets, I wonder if it still has that "fuck yeah!" factor when one handles it? Are you blown away quality wise?

Also, I live in a place where it is usually between 32 and 17 fahrenheit (0 and -8 celsius) in the winter. How will it fare in these temperatures?

I also wonder how practical the feature of being able to zip the neck all up is. Is it just for looks, or does it add a noticeable difference in protection/warmth?

Finally - did any of you size up?

Thanks

Edited by Haackk

Does anyone have an idea why some models have Gravity pockets and some models don't? Like why would they choose to omit them? Or is this the general pivot they are making with all of their future jackets? I'm not sure

Whaddup, fellas;

Any of you J46-WS owners care to share some thoughts on it? I'm contemplating if I should buy or not. Being one of the plainer jackets, I wonder if it still has that "fuck yeah!" factor when one handles it? Are you blown away quality wise?

Also, I live in a place where it is usually between 32 and 17 fahrenheit (0 and -8 celsius) in the winter. How will it fare in these temperatures?

I also wonder how practical the feature of being able to zip the neck all up is. Is it just for looks, or does it add a noticeable difference in protection/warmth?

Finally - did any of you size up?

Thanks

I love it. It's classic—like a neo-mackintosh. I have no idea on the thermal insulating qualities but it seems sufficient in cold weather. I think that is a question that's better addressed with the material specifications sheet. I have only used it at around 40F and it is plenty warm. If it makes any kind of difference the current iteration of the Army ECWCS utilizes climashield in their insulator for cold 0F–30F extreme cold protection -50F–0F. Keep in mind these configurations have several under layers: a softshell for “cold†and midweight/fleece/softshell for “extreme coldâ€. I am 5' 9" 180lbs and I went medium, fits well with room for layering—it's more anti fit.

Regarding build and the high zip:

Overall build was great: the interior has a great hand and good for insulating. The exterior is ever so matted and interesting. The only criticism I have is the weight of the metal zip compared to the otherwise lightweight construction. (It's like 50% of the Stotz version I think?) To be fair, I might just hate the Raccagni Super R teeth+slider but I think a YKK Vislon with Aquaguard would’ve been great as the main closure zipper.

The neck zip is a good substitute for a scarf or gaiter, I think it provides enough coverage. Just closing the top zipper also gives the ability to wear the rest of the jacket open so you can look like a villain or antihero.

Edited by CARLOOA

I've used a fabric marker for bleach spots on cotton before, works fine but won't ever perfectly match: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026Y6X5E?psc=1&smid=A2P5I4NW0QQAX1

try india ink, made the bleach spot on my p20's almost invisible after dye seemed to do next to nothing. go to a local art shop and they'd probably have some

Thanks guys. Wrote to Stotz and that's what they recommended doing as well (ie. using a black marker or black ink). 

Are J1a and J1b comparable (general tech winter weather resistant jacket)? I know J1b-s use stoz which isn't as water resistant as Goretex, but if one were looking for a general winter jacket are there any pros to going J1b over J1a other than price, assuming they are comparable? 

Edited by cktenders

@CARLOOA:

Much appreciated, man. From your comments it seems I would have to size up to an XL to get the 'anti-fit'. I'm 6'3" and I've seen models of similar heights donning a small or a medium. Which of course looks fucking dumb. Like wearing a straitjacket. Anyways, thanks again for your answer. It made me a wiser man.

Edited by Haackk

@CARLOOA:

Much appreciated, man. From your comments it seems I would have to size up to an XL to get the 'anti-fit'. I'm 6'3" and I've seen models of similar heights donning a small or a medium. Which of course looks fucking dumb. Like wearing a straitjacket. Anyways, thanks again for your answer. It made me a wiser man.

I tried both a M and a L and difference was less in the girth and more appreciable in the sleeves/length. I honestly thought the drape was fine with both except for the Demna Gvasalia sleeves. If you have a thick neck, upsize though—my medium is very close to being restricting.

please do not do 'anti-fit' and vetements styling with articulated tech wear pieces.

please do not do 'anti-fit' and vetements styling with articulated tech wear pieces.

Visually and generally, I agree. Went with the M because of excess length.

Yeah, anti-fit is maybe not the right choice of words. Would rather say oversized. Or maybe not oversized, just normal sized (as dudes being 6'3"/190 cm never should wear a small ACR jacket like the end model does). I just don't want the jacket to be too tight.

Edited by Haackk

Other J50-WS owners, 

What's the most effective way to clean neck stain? It's minor but I want to properly care for it before it becomes a problem. 

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, anti-fit is maybe not the right choice of words. Would rather say oversized. Or maybe not oversized, just normal sized (as dudes being 6'3"/190 cm never should wear a small ACR jacket like the end model does). I just don't want the jacket to be too tight.

I see where you're coming from, Errolson used to have baggier fits and it looked great. But honestly I think the key to ACR looking good is to be in shape (or be a naturally bigger guy). Ive had similar experiences with Rick and Yohji, the stuff is cut for a bigger guy and if you cant fill out your natural size, sizing down just throws all the proportions off. 

j9t1k4.jpg

I see where you're coming from, Errolson used to have baggier fits and it looked great. But honestly I think the key to ACR looking good is to be in shape (or be a naturally bigger guy). Ive had similar experiences with Rick and Yohji, the stuff is cut for a bigger guy and if you cant fill out your natural size, sizing down just throws all the proportions off. 

j9t1k4.jpg

I guess my operational definition of anti-fit meant that I don't think it's properly characterized as "Straight" fitting or "Profile" fitting. If you're familiar with Arc'Teryx normal sizing it's more "Expedition" than "Athletic." The J46 can fit a bit more than the current "Straight" fitting outerwear.

Looking to buy my first Acronym jacket in the near future and not sure what size to get, I'm 5'10 165lbs and I wear a large in the NikeLab ACG 2in1 jacket if that helps. Any input is appreciated, thanks!