Acronym.

Westbrook

@carlooa

i have a 5ts and 6ts blk foil. i find myself using the 6ts as my daily.

i telecommute for work, carrying 15" laptop, wacom tablet, midi keyboard, book or two. so i camp out at an overpriced cafe or library for the day.

i like the comfort of knowing i can always carry more, instead of having to cram it in the 5ts.

unexpected things can be a random stop to the grocery store, a package, outerwear (as it's beginning to get colder) or an extra pair of shoes if i'm riding.

and for days when i'm not carrying much in the 6ts, it can cinch down into a slim profile.

i think it really comes down to assessing ones personal edc habits.

im in the same dilema he is and also looking for a bag, I'm considering between a custom bagjack, 3a-1 (I'll probably buy this anyway at a much later date as it serves a different purpose from the big messengers) or the 5ts/6ts.

How big is the 6ts compressed? Would it be the same size as the 5ts? I think the 5ts size would be perfect but having the added option to expand is a huge plus in my book. (Also the fact that the 6ts is sitting at acrnm while 5ts will have to be sourced preowned, not that I'll be buying soon as 1000€ is a huge chunk for me. The compressed 6ts also looks better then the 5ts imo cause it has straps that dangle from the bottom of the bag)

Not sure about the specs but I struggle to fit my 15 inch laptop in my 3a-3ts. It give the bag an odd shape. You are in the right ball park looking at the bigger bags. Hope that helps a bit :D.

I already have a 3A-TS and it's rough even carrying a 13inch macbook let alone my work laptop!

@carlooa

i have a 5ts and 6ts blk foil. i find myself using the 6ts as my daily.

i telecommute for work, carrying 15" laptop, wacom tablet, midi keyboard, book or two. so i camp out at an overpriced cafe or library for the day.

i like the comfort of knowing i can always carry more, instead of having to cram it in the 5ts.

unexpected things can be a random stop to the grocery store, a package, outerwear (as it's beginning to get colder) or an extra pair of shoes if i'm riding.

and for days when i'm not carrying much in the 6ts, it can cinch down into a slim profile.

i think it really comes down to assessing ones personal edc habits.

Ah, I'm probably sold then. Gotta wait for this future drop with the modulars then I can get the bag with them. I just hope they can keep my shit dry when that constant Seattle drizzle starts.

Has anyone something to say about the water repellancy of the J28-K? I tested it out in the rain and it drained water away for nearly 3 minutes, then it started to absorb it. It dries very fastly due to great breathability wich I'm very happy with; but since it's selled as waterproof, started thinking some treatment steps are missing.

@airkenny

@carlooa

for what it's worth, i've ridden through storms with a fully loaded 6ts foil and have had no issues with goods getting wet.

like danii said, they aren't designed to be 100% waterproof (as there is no reason for a bag like this to be fully submerged - if you're looking for that check out arcteryx LEAF), but a combination of the materials/liner/closure make it damn near full proof.

@azhe straps that dangle = +5 ninja hp 

Edited by v1984

Have tried twice to make the ACR jacket fit work for me. Never got over missing out on the J47A-GT.

Eying a J56 now. And have a couple of questions:

> That new detached entry chest cargo pocket: Is that going to be the one cargo pocket accessible from the zippered top and the laterally accessible, closureless pocket between cargo pocket and body? Are those two pockets connected in any way (i.e. dropping something inside from the top and taking it out from "the side")?

> Anyone have any experience with this kind of zipperless closure (CF?). Especiall since I'm thinking of combining it with a J58. Seems like a zippered outer layer would provide more straightforwad acces to the base layers' left side pockets. Or threading headphone cable through the zipper, but being able to acces connected phone from the side.

Edited by hjpx

Has anyone something to say about the water repellancy of the J28-K? I tested it out in the rain and it drained water away for nearly 3 minutes, then it started to absorb it. It dries very fastly due to great breathability wich I'm very happy with; but since it's selled as waterproof, started thinking some treatment steps are missing.

Where does it say the J28-K is waterproof? It says Water Resistant on the Acronym site description.

Made in Italy production processes and treatments. A lightweight 3L shell (WR), it is object dyed; a process which results in each piece having slight imperfections and unique characteristics.*

it says 'waterproof, windproof, breathable' under the fabric technology section. it's also supposed to be a three layer laminate with a membrane. 

i can't tell from ponga's post whether the water actually penetrated the interior of the jacket or if he's just referring to the face fabric wetting out. 

also, speaking as a veteran, you'll find most of these designs (stoney/acr/insert military aesthetic inspired brand here) in archives of military uniforms from across the world in some shape or form (going back hundreds of years). so maybe we should all really be thankful for the conflict humans have with each other, which drives us to the point of destruction and ending lives, bc w/o that, would any of this even exist?

Did you seriously just say we should be thankful for war because it gave us cool clothes to wear? Please get a fucking grip.

for those that have the P24A-DS, i know it's kind of been discussed before already, but just wish to be a bit clearer on its fit... if i wear size M in P10s, would sizing down on the P24s be wise?  how loose is the fit?  

from the fit pics, errolson seems to be wearing a size S in the pants if you look at the waist fit, and compare to his other fit pics of such as P10, P10A in which he wore size M so i'm guessing he's also 32" waist... if he is wearing size M, waist measurement @ 90cm, then the waist should be cinched up, no?

from his fit pics, the pants look best when the waist is just right with the baggy cut; a cinched waist wouldn't quite look right and as intended as for the P23s...  

thanks.

Edited by surver

This was a weird purchase. I'll likely regret saying this but I really don't like the main zipper on the J53TS-GT. Its exposed grey metal and grosgrain with no wind flap just messes it up for me. I know it was a deliberate decision and I appreciate the thoughtfulness but it just doesn't agree with me. I feel like the jacket is way unbalanced for my taste because of this: the interops and the assymetrical pocket to accommodate the large zipper are all on the left and load the left side up. I would've loved it if the jacket featured a hidden zip placket.

received mine yesterday. i just noticed, there actually is a zipper placket, but for some reason, they thought it would be a good idea (not sure if purely design, but i cannot think of a strong functional reason for this) to flip the placket over and sew it to the other side.

with that in mind, perfect jacket but is there a way to just remove the stitching and have the placket back over the zipper? it doesn't bother me THAT much, but 'why not' if its a simple job.

the placket is not sewn the whole length down, but only held in place at a few spots with a short stitch.

normally if this was fabric, it would be a no brainer and a 2mins job, but I'm not sure how removing stitches on gore-tex. only issue i can think of would be the stitch-holes would be more visible on gore-tex than regular fabric.

closeup pic from haven: 

my own pic showing the 'free' placket held by stitch.

11111.pic.jpg

Edited by nictan

received mine yesterday. i just noticed, there actually is a zipper placket, but for some reason, they thought it would be a good idea (not sure if purely design, but i cannot think of a strong functional reason for this) to flip the placket over and sew it to the other side.

with that in mind, perfect jacket but is there a way to just remove the stitching and have the placket back over the zipper? it doesn't bother me THAT much, but 'why not' if its a simple job.

the placket is not sewn the whole length down, but only held in place at a few spots with a short stitch.

normally if this was fabric, it would be a no brainer and a 2mins job, but I'm not sure how removing stitches on gore-tex. only issue i can think of would be the stitch-holes would be more visible on gore-tex than regular fabric.

I would love this jacket with a closure similar to the J46.  Another thing that bugged me was the horizontal line was jarring on the detached pockets, and really reminiscent of this year's SISP. Something about it made it look like a work apron. I think the more I look at it, the more I like the remainder of the jacket—save for the exposed zip placket. 

On the one hand I really like that it's a big "fuck you" to utilitarian function/exultation of form, but on the other hand, the silver doesn't mesh well to me. The coat looks amazing open without the hood and the lapels up or the hood up. I mean look at Ian, looking like a Die Hard bad guy... I would really love if Errolson showed us interim designs to show the evolution or refinement of some of these jackets.

Lol but he does shows the evolution of all of his jackets.

J8, J18, J39, J46 all leads to the J53

You're talking about the ones that get a public designation. I'm saying I want to see all the iterative steps, maybe their analysis into what gets produced. I want to see the almost jackets or the lineal jackets!

Edited by CARLOOA