Acronym.

Westbrook

Well, shit. I thought techwear was safe.

first of all do not think that sewists at acronym are cool young dudes wearing only the brand. sumperk s a small town with few job opportunities, few years back l saw local ad seeking sewists, you would surprised how low the income was if you convert it to western currency and from point of view of a western people.

second, take a look at this jacket it's tilak skardu, that you can buy for 200usd. tilak is designed by acronym team and some patterns are the same, the skardu is in fact GT-J17 that did not retail for 200.

the point here is that yes even on low prices you can make a profit and it might be very little money for western people but really something for someone else living in more poor parts of the world.

check the label everytime l guess even non typography freaks can tell the difference.

It makes sense that people would try to make knock offs of it, for the same reason people make knock offs of Rolexs, iPhones, and designer handbags.

These products are expensive enough that there's a market of people who would be interested in purchasing an inferior cheaper imitation, and there's nothing about it that's technically so sophisticated you can't reproduce it (and save some money using inferior materials in the process).

By "expensive enough" I mean that there's a large enough margin between the cost of the real deal and the cost of a knockoff that people would consider it. No one is going to buy knock-off levis; you don't save enough money to justify it.

By "not so sophisticated you can't reproduce it" I mean all you need to do is buy one of them and take it apart and you can cut more units with the same pattern. Then if you want to turn a real profit just do the same thing with all the materials; knock off zips, knock off Gore-tex, and cut corners with production and QC. Who cares about a poorly-sewn seam or a logo that peels of when you're saving 800EUR on a jacket, right?

Edited by Sypron

Looks like their showroom floor tho...

11326465_488142758009333_275011115_n.jpg

Jk–it could be from Premium also. We'll never knowwwwwwwwwww :ph34r:

1530720_862718357109287_1601537399_n.jpg

+ There's so many of the ACR AF1 photos floating around now also. Christ.

Danm,keen to cop that j28-k in green from wellgosh. Off tax and shipped by Royal Mail(far better than UPS in official site)

On the other hand,anybody with experience of j43-k, how about the changing pattern for its color? Thinking washing it usually and the colors might be migrated together? At last a beat-up green j28 sounds nice to me.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

guys, we are fucked up.....

j44 topic

tons of pics... and the price is around 250 usd here in the taobao(site like ebay and rakuten in china,but god,flooded with fakes)

now i could guess why the people choose j44 as a try.

No logo tape and magnet tape.

Also the pattern is not easy, like j17, for example.its more like a kind of provoke.

http://b.mashort.cn/h.lmonu?cv=AADNRcst&sm=3b3a52

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

j44 topic

tons of pics... and the price is around 250 usd here in the taobao(site like ebay and rakuten in china,but god,flooded with fakes)

Also the pattern is not easy, like j17, for example.its more like a kind of provoke.

I immediately said that the jacket fake! It is seen in the photo! completely different internal surfaces and joints!

Dude :) literally one page back i wrote the same %)

They choose one because that's the one they bought on sale from INK or some other asian shop with acronym. 

j44 topic

hey guys, new user here. looking forward to getting a pair of P17 this coming season to add to my little ACR collection: 3A-3TS white limonta, 3A-MP2TS, 3A-MTS4, S6-C, NTS-NG1. hoping to get a pair of LF1s sometimes soon as well since i missed out on the drop way back when. anybody have speculation on when ss16 could go fully live? my guess would be the next week or two, but some people know more than others

I've bought these trousers - these look like some ACR (sorry can't remember code) I have tried on previously but fit is better for me (after sizing down). Not keen on nike branding but my wallet appreciates it at least.

30-12-2015_nike_techtheonepant_black_amc

http://www.endclothing.com/gb/latest-products/new-this-week/nike-tech-the-one-pant-727344-010.html

I think the model needs to size down though!

Better fit pics here http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/bonded-trousers/pid-10744954/pgid-11263982

Edited by exexpat

forgive me but who is that person connected to acronym in any way?

As Tobsen said, he probably maintains the ACRNM website. Everyone in the ACR team seems to follow him on IG and he might be related to Lenny Muller who models for ACR as well (shaved head skinny guy)

Edited by Albm

Guys, anyone with experience on the foil material? I'm itching for the 3a-1-blk but I'm afraid the bag wont hold up as well as my 5ts-limonta. Is the material prone to rips?

Also, would I be able to comfortably fit a 13-inch macbook pro in there? The dimensions seems to check out but does it have a laptop compartment or something?

Also, would I be able to comfortably fit a 13-inch macbook pro in there? The dimensions seems to check out but does it have a laptop compartment or something?

I can't personally comment on the material of the 3A-1-BLK, but as far as size goes you'd be okay. I got a 3A-3TS a while ago and my 13" macbook air fits fine along with everything I take for day to day classes. Although, it's not the most comfortable thing, it tends to strain your back, but I've gotten used to it.

3a-1blk, material is good so far. I've had it around 2 months maybe. I'm very rough on it but i dont use it everyday. It's got all the wrinkles and whatnot but no rips or tears, no close calls.

Laptop carry in a 3a-1 or 3 is doable but shitty. There are way better acr bags for carrying computers :)

I found that best way to carry 13" mbp in 1/3TS is to put it in in portrait mode, it gets stuck between the front and top seam and does not hurt my back. Few pages back l posted what everything l put in the 3TS at once (modified strap system helps a lot)

had a weird dream last night in which me and other sufu tech wear people were invited to Acronym store in Tokyo to preview and pre-purchase the new collection

it was a glorious dream featuring an ACR x Futura puffer jacket and some very strange pants with fidlock cuffs

Laptop carry in a 3a-1 or 3 is doable but shitty. There are way better acr bags for carrying computers  :)

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, my 3A-5TS is usually much more than what I need though. I'm a design student and most days I'm only carrying a noteblock, a laptop and my dispatch pencil cases packed with my copics. 

I found that best way to carry 13" mbp in 1/3TS is to put it in in portrait mode, it gets stuck between the front and top seam and does not hurt my back. Few pages back l posted what everything l put in the 3TS at once (modified strap system helps a lot)

If I decide to pick one up I will definitely try my best to follow in your footsteps and replace the olive parts.