Acronym.

Westbrook

I know it's a few seasons old but any chance of some fit pics and a review?

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll wear it out and see how it goes. So far I'm liking it. 

And thanks to both of ya for the shirt link. It's a nice design, indeed. I wonder how hard it would be to find one these days, it's so rare to see used T-shirts in the sales thread.

^^^Yeah, that's WAAAY better... I somehow managed to score a black version of the same shirt on the electronic bay a couple months back for ~$80 shipped :)

Don't get me wrong, it's a NICE shirt. But no way does it make sense @ $300+
I'd love to get the white "architect to a knife fight" shirt but can't bring myself to drop the money yet, maybe in a few months :)

Edited by jbob24

Can anyone tell me what the P3 pants were called (inc variations)? I can't seem to find any pics of them anywhere other than a couple of old waywt shots.

FW0506

N-P3A

N-P3B

WS-P3A

fw0607

E-P3NL

E-P3NU

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Well it didn't rain today, so no E-J23 review or pics. Instead, here's a bunch of crap on my desk.

TVYhyk8.jpg

I'm absolutely loving the HCW-C1 from unmen. My office is freezing so it's still part of my everyday wear despite being summer outside. 

I don't care for epic material in the rain. If it's a light drizzle it's usually ok but i would never choose an epic jacket if it's actually raining or storming outside :)

E-j23 is a sick jacket tho, it's one of my favorites! It was the second ACR jacket for me :D the escape zip is always good for a conversation starter

So jealous of that sweater too! Had it been a size larger I would've jumped all over it, enjoy it :)

Edited by jbob24

Not sure if this has been posted before but i stumbled across an old site with a load of old ACR gear and fit pics I hadnt seen before. Definitely handy for us mere mortals with Subnet access picking up older pieces, and still worth a look, just for the incredibly bad fit on the SJ11.

http://wear.jp/brand/detail.html?list_type=2&brand_id=4593&pagesize_item=40&pageno_item=3

^ ACR definitely has made progress over the years. Some of those older design pants dipped dangerously into rave-wear territory... (This coming from someone who had a lot of awful kikwear/Illig stuff a number of years ago) 

Edited by exhaust fumes

Yes.

I just fear they are stepping into less military inspired stuff and more avant gardy (gaudy) designer inspired

i hope all the crazy experiments will help making then very functional and nice pieces.

i don't see the point in a gore-tex jacket without a hood (j41-gt) for example but i really like the idea of a waterproof sweatshirt so we'll see what's to come.

we already talked about that but i still think there are some issues to be fixed, here are some, totally personal:

- velcro cuffs, they're ugly to me and water is trapped inside

- "gore-tex pro-shell" tabs on the sleeve (!) on some jackets

- forcelock and logo tape should be actually removable or invisible

- gravity pockets are not fine when wearing only a short-sleeve tee under, metal buttons are cold ;-)

- some pieces (kr-h1) are overpriced for marketing/price distorsion reasons and i think it's a shame (or maybe i'm wrong but don't think so)

The goretex pro shell tab on my GT28 ripped off within around 2 months of daily wear. It's almost like it was intentional...?

It would be nice if the cinch stitching on the wrist straps were a little sturdier, one of mine got pulled out from one "too tough" pull and while it's still on there, I can't help to think it'd be nicer if it was double stitched, as this area takes a lot of stress from opening and closing while taking the jacket off and on.

Edited by exhaust fumes

- some pieces (kr-h1) are overpriced for marketing/price distorsion reasons and i think it's a shame (or maybe i'm wrong but don't think so)

Totally agree with you on this, the price for the KR-H1 is ridiculous and also for the KR-SM1. Prices in general seem to be creeping up each season, I definitely think Acronym is worth the money but it would be nice if they had a few products in their selection which weren't quite as pricey and/or prices didn't jump up with each new release.

I also hope they keep up with the military inspired design, favourite Acronym pants to date are my pair of P5TS-S - just wish I had a pair in green as well!!

Edited by Edwardo