Acronym.

Westbrook

I was hoping to see him 'drop in' the J41. still confuses the shit out of me not having seen it in person. does the second zip allow it to expand somehow?

The second zip is a waterproof zip with double sliders that lets you create a bigger opening at the top and bottom so you can drop it in like a sweater. Simple. 

J43-GT being worn inside out. (???) There's a lot of ridiculously bad styling this season. 

http://hypebeast.com/2014/9/acronym-2014-fall-winter-lookbook

j41 worn backwards (is it actually meant to be worn both ways???)

the styling is so bad in that entire hypebeast shoot

QpS4N5G.jpg

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

The second zip is a waterproof zip with double sliders that lets you create a bigger opening at the top and bottom so you can drop it in like a sweater. Simple. 

That seems like it would be a 'pull over', rather than a drop-in. 

It seems unusual to me, that you would use those zips to put the jacket on when there's a regular zip right next to it. You'd have to unzip it, pull it over your body (not an easy feat considering it's a non-stretch material) then try to zip it back up again using those tiny little zipper pulls. 

I would use the escape zip itself to put the jacket on. That's what the super zip lanyard is for. You would put the jacket on from the front like a surgeon's scrubs. After that, you connect the zipper base behind your back (actually pretty easy) and use the zip lanyard in your right hand to pull the zipper up and over your shoulder. 

That seems like it would be a 'pull over', rather than a drop-in. 

It seems unusual to me, that you would use those zips to put the jacket on when there's a regular zip right next to it. You'd have to unzip it, pull it over your body (not an easy feat considering it's a non-stretch material) then try to zip it back up again using those tiny little zipper pulls. 

I would use the escape zip itself to put the jacket on. That's what the super zip lanyard is for. You would put the jacket on from the front like a surgeon's scrubs. After that, you connect the zipper base behind your back (actually pretty easy) and use the zip lanyard in your right hand to pull the zipper up and over your shoulder.

Drop in is a fairly accurate way of describing the donning process. At times you'll want to don the jacket with the double slider zips slightly open because they give you instant venting points. Jacket gets really warm fully sealed like I imagine a goretex wetsuit top might. And it's pretty easy to close the zippers with a bit of practice. It's super minimalist from the front, really fun to use and apparently next level when the temperatures drop and the wind chill rises. They run pretty large though, a bit long and boxy for me, but I'm not averse to the oversized look. One of the best ACR jackets I own.

Video is up 

Name of song? :-|

What are peoples thoughts on the video?

For me it passed the pretense threshold with the all-slowmo-everything. But leveled out somewhat with the last sequence. I do definitely think that they are trying to appeal more to the designer fashion market with all the walking and to an extent the clothes this season. Only because they are not 'typical' of what I think acronym is. 

I'm not saying they should just stick to making black hooded waterproof jackets though. They are moving in a slightly different direction which is a good thing. 

Edited by TIMDOT

Still typical Acronym for me: flak pockets check; radical use of materials check; wtf drop in jacket check; wtf hood design check; removable panels check; cargo pants check; upgraded jacket sling check; way too complex construction and pattern making check and check. Yup it's ACR alright, only next level.

Ye definitely in terms of details. V good thing.

But jacket silhouettes. Have they ever done a trench type jacket before?

Have they ever done a hoodless, collarless jacket before? Yes they have... I may have been talking shit but Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Edited by TIMDOT

Unpopular opinion imminent:

I've gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with the collection overall.

The J43-GT, P16 (not the P16A) and the S6-C are great pieces overall, but the rest of the collection is just kinda meh IMHO. The J39, J40 and J41 all seem a bit unnecessary as far as jackets go. And for 546 euros I want some damn articulation in my pants...not just some cargo pockets stuck over a slant pocket and called "mezzanine pockets."

The giant center pocket on the J39 just seems stuck on, and doesn't really feel thought out, it's almost like he said "fuck it", and just threw it on in an attempt to tie it back to the J1A-LP.

The J40 and the J41 just feel a bit ridiculous. I get the quick escape zipper, I've seen samples of it from a bunch of different trim vendors at trade shows and i think it's a really creative/clever piece of trim technology, but I am too lazy to put a jacket on backwards and I feel like i would get bored with the novelty of it. The J40 just feels unnecessary. I don't have a need for a jacket without a collar, no matter how many pockets it has or how nice the fabric is.

As a whole the collection feels really unbalanced. The lack of soft-shell and next to skin pieces bothers me. One cannot live on Goretex and densely woven cotton textiles alone. I also don't think there was a need for them to make 3 different neck warming solutions.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

J40-CH arrived today after a week in UPS hell. It's really, really nice. In fact, I think it's one of my favourite ever ACR pieces (and I've been buying it since 2005). It remains to be seen whether it's hard-wearing, but it's certainly heavier and more substantial than Epic, and the modacrylic should help. 

Edited by steph

Now the question on everyone's mind is, will the new iPhone fit into the little thigh pants phone pocket? Anyone got the measurements for the opening width?

My colleague made a pdf you can print out in order to check: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/how-big-is-the-iphone-6-plus-find-out-with-our-handy-paper-template/

Short answer: I don't even think the 6 will fit, and you can forget about any chance of the 6+ fitting.