Acronym.

Westbrook

Yup, their customer service is shocking. Slow in shipping and never respond to any of your emails, even if it relates to the order you've put through.

10 years ago when I used to order my Stussy and Carhartt tees from them, they used to be alright. Plus their sales were really good. It all went down hill when they closed their physical store and went online only.

Edited by rirawin

I had the first (I think) ACR Epic jacket, and it lasted about five years. Eventually, the hem wore out at the back due to the shockcord wearing against bags (it was cordura-reinforced on the inner side, but not the outer side). I wouldn't say it wasn't durable, but in the end, it's just thin cotton.

Every EtaProof piece I've owned (the first P9 iteration, and two Outlier pieces) has prematurely worn out. I've mentioned it elsewhere, but it's basically down to the threads breaking and the weave coming apart. I love it as a material, but considering the cost, it's not really worth it.

Re: durability and wear, this is what Epic looks like after a couple of years

lnj06M6.jpg

from erlsn's instagram...

bkvjFvu.jpg

the j41-gt is worn backwards here???  layered with the sleeves pushed up.  

actually doesn't look that bad here.  intended wetsuit form still seems too weird

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

Ok got my stuff yesterday. Went all in with the new CH.

This has none of that squishy neoprene-like feel. It's cloth but very unlike any other material ACR has used. It indeed feels very substantial with subtle stretch (when worn the stretch seems to be horizontal only). It feels like it will hard wearing as advertised but of course only time can tell.

It's treated with cold black as mentioned earlier and feels quite breathable. Taking it on a hike right now, so we'll see.

J40-CH: liking the design. The internal pocket clip together when slung and have zippers on both ends. Very smart. The collarless design really looks different and make for easy layering fx with my J32. Shoulder construction works as advertised.

P16-CH: pants are wider than the P14 overall. More like a P8 perhaps but wider. I had ordered a medium and was afraid it wouldn't fit, due to the P14s new sizing. For whatever that's worth, the medium P16 did fit me but only just. Haven't compared them directly but seems the P16 isn't as high waisted as the P14. Pockets are like P14. The CH makes it pretty silent too.

S6C: nice well constructed sweatshirt with nice shoulder action. Nothing earth-shattering though. Note that the sleeves are on the long side. Covers my whole hand if I want it to.

Pretty happy with my choices!

I'm digging on the J43, but I do wish it were a bit longer.

I am also having a hard time thinking of a reason for why they decided to cut it this short.  For me, waterproof jackets aren't as practical (aside from not needing one during this California drought) if they stop right at the waist.  The way he's wearing them in the photos, both undershirts would get totally soaked if worn in the type of weather the hood looks like it is designed to withstand. 

J40-CH: liking the design. The internal pocket clip together when slung and have zippers on both ends. Very smart. The collarless design really looks different and make for easy layering fx with my J32. Shoulder construction works as advertised.

Any pics? I love the styling on the main site, curious if it looks as good with other outfits. I don't have the money anyway, 1200 for this one seems a bit (extra) high but maybe it'll last long enough I can scrap some coins together :)

P16-CH: pants are wider than the P14 overall. More like a P8 perhaps but wider. I had ordered a medium and was afraid it wouldn't fit, due to the P14s new sizing. For whatever that's worth, the medium P16 did fit me but only just. Haven't compared them directly but seems the P16 isn't as high waisted as the P14. Pockets are like P14. The CH makes it pretty silent too.

S6C: nice well constructed sweatshirt with nice shoulder action. Nothing earth-shattering though. Note that the sleeves are on the long side. Covers my whole hand if I want it to.

Pretty happy with my choices!

I found the P16 to be similarly high waisted as the P14. S fits me only just! Almost back to the old Acronym waist sizing days. Wish it were more consistent!

S6C should shrink 5% after initial wash, still very large for me, almost feels like an L without that initial wash shrinkage.

Generally, sizing this season is strange for me. The J41 and S6C are cut large while the P16A has a very slim waist. It's like they've changed fit models. Still looks great though, better a little oversized than the ridiculous undersizing that goes on with the Haven and End models. Tip: if you're around 180cm go for an M.

I am also having a hard time thinking of a reason for why they decided to cut it this short.  For me, waterproof jackets aren't as practical (aside from not needing one during this California drought) if they stop right at the waist.  The way he's wearing them in the photos, both undershirts would get totally soaked if worn in the type of weather the hood looks like it is designed to withstand.

Because short jackets are lighter, afford more movement and is stylish. There is enough cover in an urban environment that it should not be an issue.

thought the jacketslingæ was supposed to go behind you when a jacket is being worn as mentioned previously about the end's hilarious modelling but errolson hugh is wearing the j39-s with the jacketslingæ across the front of his body.

11_c8ad962e-d765-4548-a6f6-f6836017df86_

guessing this makes it easier when removing the jacket to instantly sling over the shoulder?

I think that is to secure the front of the jacket to the body so that it doesn't swing around/sag when the flak pocket is filled with heavier items. 

TBH the End model wearing the smaller sized pant cut off at the ankles is kinda dope ;-]

Edit: beaten :-]

Edited by cmdR

That is indeed a separate strap to hold the jacket from flying everywhere when you catch some wind.

A feature that they can implement in any jacket if it was up to me, I usually walk with my jackets unzipped as I don't get cold easily (so only wear jackets against rain) and with living next to sea....you start wondering why nobody else came up with that idea earlier.

Edited by shadows

There is no way to get around Customs. Either you get lucky, or you don't. If you want to avoid customs, you could always fly to the shop and wear it when you cross the border back into your home country. 

You COULD try and ask the company to lower the value of the item you purchased but chances are, they won't do that due to insurance purposes. 

Good lucky getting that tee! I have the T14. One of the best tee's I own!!!