Acronym.

Westbrook

By definition it is. But not categorically. I wouldn't describe it as that.

For me avant garde boutique designers are more like Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester and CCP. Who I would like to stereotype by saying they make hood designs like this:

taichimurami_jcopy.jpg

Goretex rainproof short-sleeve blazers with separate goretex sleeves too normcore for you? ;)

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but as per usual my question is: how does it stand up to wearing and washing? Will it fade? Will it 'patina'?

Other thoughts on this season,

I like it. I think more than you guys do maybe.

J41 seems like an absurd gimmick, but I like that they at least tried making a drop in jacket. Kudos for that. WTF, no gravity pockets?

J1A-LP has finally got an upgraded hood. I've always thought that single-fold hood looks a bit weird when donned. The multi-fold design is much nicer. 

J40 is a fantastic design. On the surface it does look simple, but it would go really well with a softshell hoody like the J25-SS. It would be nice if it had a collar though. But holy fuckballs is it expensive! Even for acronym. Should be half that price. 

J43 looks well considered. Even if it's a little more minimal than its big brothers the J36 and J28, it brings some important improvements. The hood looks seriously stormproof. Also, having those snap toggles up at the highest point of the collar is fantastic for interops. The J21 suffers from having the collar flap about and open when using interops since the zip can't close all the way. No gravity pockets is a massive WTF.

P16A is a nice looking casual pant. Good contrast to the professional and clean design of the P14 from last season. Probably the only thing I'll cop this season. But the hem is even smaller than the P14, which was already too small. What do they think we wear these with? The pant is supposed to go over the shoe, not cut off circulation to the foot. Also, inseam and outseam are both ~8cm shorter than P14. What the hell is going on?

Syphron: I think the hem being small is part of the "kinetic design". Call me crazy but when I'm wearing my P14 it seems that there is a kind of air "cushion" inside the pant that makes movement feel more smooth. Without a small hem, that probably wouldn't be there. Read the Balenciaga article he posted on Twitter a while back. I commented on it at the time:

https://twitter.com/taospace/status/407321656953012224

That was well before the P14 was released.

Could just be coincidence of course.

I still can't get over how much more expensive End is than Hanon. I mean the J1A is £900 at End and £750 at Hanon!

I bought the J1A from End and it was $1210.95. The quote on the checkout page for Hanon is about $1400+ for the J1A.