Westbrook

Acronym.

Aren't they just connectors if you'd like to add the attachment which would permit you to use a stabilizing strap?

Yep. They're identical to those one the 3A-5 and 3A-8, both of which come with a stabiliser.

Does anyone have any idea, realistically, how many items Acronym produces in each item each season?

We already know they're small runs, but on top of that there are about 20 different models (including colour variation) in 4 different sizes. Between a P10-E in Olive Medium, and a J36-GT black-on-olive in large, there are easily 80 distinct items Acronym is selling. 

How many of each item could there really be? 

It varies greatly, since the vast majority of stock is produced based upon subnet pre-orders.

Yep. They're identical to those one the 3A-5 and 3A-8, both of which come with a stabiliser.

So one of these:

3A-5TS-BLK-3032_1024x1024.jpg

But you can't buy them separately from ACR...

So one of these:

But you can't buy them separately from ACR...

Damn, I want one for cycling. I'll email them and report back.

Edited by MoreToasties

ACR tends to write back fairly quickly. I remember when I lost that black clip (See Dolphinski's post above)

They sent me a few extras immediately. Although for a strap, I'd imagine you'd have to pay something for it. 

I personally want that ACR belt you see in all the pant shots. Recently, Erlsn wore a Cobra belt which I must get my hands on!

ACR tends to write back fairly quickly. I remember when I lost that black clip (See Dolphinski's post above)

They sent me a few extras immediately. Although for a strap, I'd imagine you'd have to pay something for it. 

I personally want that ACR belt you see in all the pant shots. Recently, Erlsn wore a Cobra belt which I must get my hands on!

Cobra Belt in great Quality

https://www.bagjackshop.com/module-und-zubehaeoer/pro-bike/next-level-belt/a-1195/

Greatly interested in seeing some non-stock photos of the new grey laminated limonta if anyone here went with grey over black. 

Acronym bags can handle a lot, but yesterday I went downtown and stocked up on magazines from Trichome/Totokaelo. I was carrying a full water bottle, baked goods, and headphones that were all adding additional weight, and when I went to lift up my 3A-6TS with the strap, as I usually would, I heard a bad sound that I thought could be the stitching tearing out from the support point for the strap system. Upon returning home and inspecting the bag, that sound can be produced by the velcro attachment of the inner liner slowly separating from the interior wall of the bag. I intend not to overload the bag whenever possible, but I were to pull a strap loose from the bag  is there anyone who has suggestions on reattaching the strap to the bag? I'm worried that, if that happened, the resulting tear/hole may compromise the integrity of the entire bag.

So nothing happened then? I'd go ahead and use it / abuse it as intended. If it fails, send it back to Acronym, they'll take care of ya.

As far as I can tell, the bag is fine. I ended up choosing the 3A-6TS because the nomadic idea of being able to carry everything important enough to own in a bag seemed pretty cool (clothing, toiletries, phone, wallet). Honestly, though, all the articles of clothing I would pack into would have a significantly lower weight to volume ratio than a pile of magazines. Will continue to use/abuse and report back.

On the topic of modulation: best consumer grade solar panel out there that I could attach to the MOLLE webbing? I know bagjack makes/made one and Bodega still has the 3A-MSOL1 (but I was suspecting the solar tech is dated, even if the aesthetic consistency is nice).

As far as I can tell, the bag is fine. I ended up choosing the 3A-6TS because the nomadic idea of being able to carry everything important enough to own in a bag seemed pretty cool (clothing, toiletries, phone, wallet). Honestly, though, all the articles of clothing I would pack into would have a significantly lower weight to volume ratio than a pile of magazines. Will continue to use/abuse and report back.

On the topic of modulation: best consumer grade solar panel out there that I could attach to the MOLLE webbing? I know bagjack makes/made one and Bodega still has the 3A-MSOL1 (but I was suspecting the solar tech is dated, even if the aesthetic consistency is nice).

I'd go with a powermonkey: http://www.rei.com/product/835332/powertraveller-powermonkey-extreme-12v-solar-battery-charger

Tech looks great, and for $300.00 less I think I could find a way to mount it on the TEC SYS webbing. Good looking out Dr Jonboy.

Tech looks great, and for $300.00 less I think I could find a way to mount it on the TEC SYS webbing. Good looking out Dr Jonboy.

It's very easy to velcro it to MOLLE (or anything else). 

we never see all the pieces on the video so i'm wondering if there are others ss14 items in the pipe? etaproof jackets maybe? any clues?

Yep, we're just waiting for the drop dude, no idea on a date but I'd guess in the next few weeks.

they need to add more than just one item

There should be more (softshell drop) next week, 20th.

oooooh, that chrome 3A-1 ( as I now refer to it as ) phwoar !!

Yes, I know - I have no taste.

any feedback about the hood and water-resistance of the ws-j25?

it'll be a very tempting piece in a few days/weeks...

I'm going to go ahead and call it 'stupidly waterproof'. 

Although I have noticed that in particularly heavy downpours (similar to

) the hood and cuffs did wet through. I would recommend sizing up though. I bought my regular Acronym size (small) and the hood is too small to adequately keep my face dry. 

I may be in the minority here but I am not so keen on the j-28s front pockets.

On the 04-05 realmadhectic video there is a very similar jacket minus the front pockets and kg fit block but with a short sleeve and to me the silhoutte is all the better for it.

I may be in the minority here but I am not so keen on the j-28s front pockets.

On the 04-05 realmadhectic video there is a very similar jacket minus the front pockets and kg fit block but with a short sleeve and to me the silhoutte is all the better for it.

Sharp eye there. That is the GT-J4 (FW-0304, Paclite), seen again as the GT-J4L in SS09 in Pro Shell with gravity pockets and (internal?) Jacketsling before morphing into the Interops monster that is the GT-J28 in FW1213. I believe it uses the same modified Bundeswehr monobody block as the GT-J34, which is larger than the usual ACRNM cuts. As you can see from the caucasian model wearing the black J28-E; in one shot you can see that the sleeve ends near his left thumb nail. The taller Errolson has no such problems of course, which for me it shows that sizing up slightly looks great on most Acronym garments but the reverse isn't always true; e.g. some of Havenshop's fits. 

The KG (Kimono Gusset) did not exist before SS12. The first jackets to made in that block were the J22, J27 and E-J23. 

As for disliking exposed external pockets, TIMDOT you are hardly in the minority, but for me, these jackets are the core to Acronym's design philosophy and no Acronym collection is complete without one; whereas for SISP, no collection is complete without a jacket with concealed internal pockets!  

for me, these jackets are the core to Acronym's design philosophy and no Acronym collection is complete without one

Same here, which is why I'm keen to get my hands on a GT one. Something so overbuilt that would make a soldier look ill-equipped. 

yep, me too- I want a jacket to start AND end the apocalypse in !