Acronym.

Westbrook

anyone here have experience with -gt, -gtv, and -gtpl? I know the exact type varies from piece to piece and season to season, and while I dont find j103 itself interesting Im curious as to how the fabric compares to other gore products

On 5/8/2023 at 1:10 PM, Martinnn73 said:

I believe L means large…feels like P30L is a ultra-wide P30 according to pics

got to love it when people talk out of their ass for the sake of it

6 hours ago, DeadHype said:

Can anyone tell me what exact bootzippers these are? 
alternatives for 6" Nike sfb would also be cool. 
thanks 

this is one of the first runs of the SFB and came with the zippers.

18 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

can someone provide the correct custom code for a DrySkin jacket which I want to send to the US. I don’t won’t the new owner pay too much taxes.

kind regards 

6201.40.7000 men's Water-resistant jacket
However, if you are the sender, just claim it as a gift and declare the value lower than $800; there will be no tax on goods below $800.

On 5/8/2023 at 12:45 PM, futurecowboy2099 said:

anyone here have experience with -gt, -gtv, and -gtpl? I know the exact type varies from piece to piece and season to season, and while I dont find j103 itself interesting Im curious as to how the fabric compares to other gore products

The key difference between GTPL and GTV is the face fabric. The Polymer Dot Backer is pretty much the same.

GTPL face fabric is smooth and thin(except J104); GTV face fabric has a canvas feel(100% PES according to acrnm.com) and it's less noisy than GT and GTPL

6 hours ago, keynezk said:

The key difference between GTPL and GTV is the face fabric. The Polymer Dot Backer is pretty much the same.

GTPL face fabric is smooth and thin(except J104); GTV face fabric has a canvas feel(100% PES according to acrnm.com) and it's less noisy than GT and GTPL

damn thats cool to know. have experience with -gtpl so -gtv becomes easier to imagine. highly interesting that -gtv is quieter than -gtpl, which isnt as loud as -get but I still find kinda noisy. blessed response!

if you had to pick 1 acrnm shell, one liner, one pant/short to rock for the rest of your life, what would it be? y?

if you could have 1 item that hasn't been made yet, what would it be (i.e. j1a but in nylon) ?

shell: J47a-ws - slim profile with mega chest pocket and packability makes it super useful

liner: tie between j89-ad (hella slept on) gets so much use and j58ws best versatile insulator

pant: i know, so cliche but p10a-ds self explanatory lol

dream item: j47a in nylon or j72ds lined with AD

Edited by segue
adding q

6 minutes ago, segue said:

if you had to pick 1 acrnm shell, one liner, one pant/short to rock for the rest of your life, what would it be and why

For liner definitely J58, it's just an awesome piece that I feel great putting on basically every day during the colder times. Great utility from the huge outer pockets, very warm when it's cold, still cool enough when it gets warmer outside. Just a very versatile liner.

P10 for pants because the pattern is just phenomenal work in my opinion. Every other pair of pants in a similar style I've tried feels shit compared to P10 when it comes to patterning work.

Lastly for the shell I'd pick the J101-GT. Without owning one nor having tried it on, it seems like a great shell for everyday usability. No big dangly bits that get caught anywhere, cool collar, has a hood. Ticks all the boxes for an everyday shell. Obviously J1A or J47A are more exotic but I think I'd prefer something more 'neutral' if I had to wear it until the heat death of the universe.

Gotta say, I'm a huge fan of acronyms new email system. I always had a tough time tracking when stuff was actually dropping, so having it just sent to me as it comes out or a bit before is amazing.

11 hours ago, segue said:

if you had to pick 1 acrnm shell, one liner, one pant/short to rock for the rest of your life, what would it be? y?

if you could have 1 item that hasn't been made yet, what would it be (i.e. j1a but in nylon) ?

For a shell? J1A-GTPL. It’s a bit more attention-grabbing than my J47-GT (or even a J1B-GT) but being able to stow it in a bag gives me the option of always taking it with me just in case the weather is unpredictable. Trying to fold GoreTex Pro is just a nightmare. As far as liners go, the J78-WS is fantastic because it’s extremely warm but also very stealthy. J58 and J91 might have more pockets but this isn’t exactly something I find necessary for a liner. Pants are easy. The everyday wearability of P10s is just unbeatable. DrySkin is the popular choice but I would go with Stotz personally.

Unfortunately the one item I’d like that hasn’t been made yet almost existed. If only the J1A-FO made it to production

IMG_9980.jpeg

36 minutes ago, zer0cool said:

what’s the general advice on acronym Pants ? Do you size for waist or height/length? I know it depends on the model too, I’m looking at a p10-ds

Always size for length. Most pants - including P10 - are relatively generous in the waist. The only thing that’s tricky is sometimes the measurements can be either inaccurate or inconsistent

48 minutes ago, hanzen1138 said:

Always size for length. Most pants - including P10 - are relatively generous in the waist. The only thing that’s tricky is sometimes the measurements can be either inaccurate or inconsistent

Also material, stotz is less generous. Especially in the p10

17 hours ago, segue said:

shell: J47a-ws - slim profile with mega chest pocket and packability makes it super useful

liner: tie between j89-ad (hella slept on) gets so much use and j58ws best versatile insulator

pant: i know, so cliche but p10a-ds self explanatory lol

dream item: j47a in nylon or j72ds lined with AD

jacket: really want a stotz piece so I dont have to worry about delam like i do with current j1a. j1a-s, j36-s, or j84-s are pieces that if I had one of i could def use until the end of time

liner: if anything with an auxzip counts, I alternate between locations that dont get super cold especially outside of winter so mad i missed out on the j72-ds. that or j72-ak, maybe even any of the j65s. i find j58 comfy but honestly a little too hot sometimes

pants: p30 are super comfy but I feel odd wearing them in public. I’d go with p10-ds and not even the advanced version with cargo pockets. I hear a lot of talk about p10-ch being good but have never been able to try

Fantasy piece: I wish acronym used pertex more. I think a white j1u-px would look super cool. Maybe I just want a lightweight j1 instead of all the heavy duty gtx. A new j1a-ws for the first time in a LONG time would be neat. pic: from wayback machine for fw1819 j74-px “fabric detail”

IMG_9999.jpeg

18 hours ago, segue said:

if you could have 1 item that hasn't been made yet, what would it be (i.e. j1a but in nylon)?

Some good discussion again on sufu finally

Shell: j1b-s as it's perfect for my climate and holds sentimental value

Liner: j58-ws for the same reasons but if I had one probably j83-ws

Pants: I undoubtedly use p10-e the most in day to day life but if I had to choose p24a-ds

Dream item: j1a-e or j47a-e dear God can e just make more jackets in the new epic nylon

20 hours ago, segue said:

Shell: J56-S. Basically ACR's version of the M65 Field Jacket. Timeless piece for the modern age. I love Stotz jackets. IMO, GT is just overkill in different settings.

Liner: J65-WS. Bury me in this vest. I love it. Feels like I'm wearing a cyberpunk tunic/body armor. Although it lacks full-length sleeves, I think it mediates internal warmth well for the climate I'm in.

Pants: P17-DS. I've lost my patience waiting for a re-release of these joints. Great laid-back cut of pants while still maintaining ACR DNA.

Dream Item: J105-S. THE definition of wabi sabi. If you look up the history of the gakuran, there was a moment in time when Japanese delinquents would measure their level of badass-ness by how thrashed your gakuran was. Check out the podcast "Articles of Interest" for a more in-depth breakdown. I would be very disappointed if they never make this version. 

3 hours ago, uboraan said:

Dream item: j1a-e or j47a-e dear God can e just make more jackets in the new epic nylon

I literally comment this on all his posts.......... give us jackets in low maintenance beater materials that we don't have to baby please

Edited by segue
edit

On 5/13/2023 at 8:11 AM, segue said:

I literally comment this on all his posts.......... give us jackets in low maintenance beater materials that we don't have to baby please

That's why I keeping both J33-E alpha and black. Amazing and quality jacket. But I don't like gravity pockets and boring hood. 

Idk why but I prefer my j61-ws over j47a-ws (both r packable). 47aws sitting in my closet, 61 is in every day use.

Edited by Yan90

17 hours ago, CountZatara said:

Shell: J56-S. Basically ACR's version of the M65 Field Jacket. Timeless piece for the modern age. I love Stotz jackets. IMO, GT is just overkill in different settings.

Liner: J65-WS. Bury me in this vest. I love it. Feels like I'm wearing a cyberpunk tunic/body armor. Although it lacks full-length sleeves, I think it mediates internal warmth well for the climate I'm in.

Pants: P17-DS. I've lost my patience waiting for a re-release of these joints. Great laid-back cut of pants while still maintaining ACR DNA.

Dream Item: J105-S. THE definition of wabi sabi. If you look up the history of the gakuran, there was a moment in time when Japanese delinquents would measure their level of badass-ness by how thrashed your gakuran was. Check out the podcast "Articles of Interest" for a more in-depth breakdown. I would be very disappointed if they never make this version. 

Shell, Dream, agreed. Pants: P17-CH would be my happy place. Liner: I love the AK series. Probably a minority opinion in this crowd but I prefer natural fibers. 

Thanks for the pod suggestion, I will check it out.