Acronym.

Westbrook

On 4/23/2023 at 3:37 AM, futurecowboy2099 said:

except p46 isnt trash, at least imo

youre probably joking but cringe lmao. it goes without saying people dont have control over their height and some sketchy expensive surgery isnt a solution either. not to mention im average height-ish at about 5’ 8” and usually small is fine. for like the 3rd time having to buy a size down which would still have generous stacking is ridiculous 

maybe (just going out on a limb here) (hah) the stacking is intended in the design? and if you don't like the stacking then you don't like the design? in which case it shouldn't upset you because you can just not buy it since you don't like it? maybe

On 4/23/2023 at 5:41 AM, MNB said:

It s a mess to shorten them since the hem has strings so either you lose the feature or you try to save the original hem and stitch it where you cut the leg that honestly is a crappy solution for a pair of 1000$ trousers.

a decent tailor can re-hem and make new holes in said hems to restring the cords easy

@thehumanreisbergMy 2 cents, if it doesn’t look right or feel right, it does not fit and is not right, just like my oversized body does not suit 90 per cent of ACR stuff being on old overweight sod.

Something you just have to come to terms with and move on, I’ll be buggered though if I’m expected to pay to change an already over priced garment - they are just not worth it.

So like me, you are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that they are not for you.

25 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

@thehumanreisbergMy 2 cents, if it doesn’t look right or feel right, it does not fit and is not right, just like my oversized body does not suit 90 per cent of ACR stuff being on old overweight sod.

Something you just have to come to terms with and move on, I’ll be buggered though if I’m expected to pay to change an already over priced garment - they are just not worth it.

So like me, you are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that they are not for you.

True. I’ve send the P23Q already back. It would feel right if I had a medium, but with at least 10 more centimeters length. 

23 hours ago, silenz said:

imo you should have a Large in these, atleast as far as the "intended" sizing goes - this in medium works given the inseam is infact as long as it is but it would probably end up fitting better throughout if you went with a Large since it's the stacks on these that create the great fit these are supposed to have imo

generally being 1.90m is already an XL territory as far as inseams in acr sizing goes so if you are too skinny to make the waist work it can be a pain

can't really say much regarding the fit of the P23 as I'm not a fan of them in the first place but yeah they do seem a bit too short so you would be better off with an XL but since you've said you've already tied the L all the way - yeah maybe not a match for you but just as an addendum, the non-Q P23s afaik are slightly longer than the Q so you might want to look into that and compare if you really want P23s specifically

I’ll wear it lower then on the pictures, stack works for me. And slim as I am, Large would be more like a ️ 

On 4/26/2023 at 8:16 PM, DeadHype said:

Anyone in here who can get me a high res scan of the spec sheet for the j28-k?

thanks 

Also regarding this jacket, did any of you people have experience with washing and reproofing it? 

First of all, are there any recommendations for spot cleaners? As it’s a delicate material and also dyed in a special treatment I am a little afraid of Color migration while using any solvents for spotcleaning. 

My plan is to spotclean with and non alcolic and not too harsh cleaner, work that in carefully with soft brush and rinse the spot before washing it with nikwax techwash via hand, double rinse and then put it in a bath with nikwax tx direct wash in regarding the instructions from that product.

After it dried hanging I would iron it with steam setting and a towel between the iron and the jacket. 

I am not sure if the wash in dwr will be the right choice for this material? 

Any help appreciated.

x

Edited by DeadHype

https://www.grailed.com/listings/44085971-acronym-acronym-s-j11-black-s-small?g_aidx=Listing_production&g_aqid=78af3e2428f2f09180a61335a9221628

hey guys, wondering if i can get a legit check on this piece / user? concerned because i saw some of the listing pictures on google. also bonkers price lol

On 4/24/2023 at 2:43 PM, silenz said:

well then these pants simply aren't for you then, most of acronym is the other way (and infact completely opposite to the rest of the fashion industry where nothing is really ever made to fit anyone under 5'10 at the absolute least), you have just about 50 other pants across all of acr's output you can go for instead. at 5'11 myself which I wouldn't even consider particularly tall I already have to size up in most acr pants leaving the waist way too loose or needing it to be tightened up way too much etc so these are a godsent as far as DS pants that have been released so far go

regardless 5'8 isn't too short for these and they are meant to be have SERIOUS stacks, I've seen a 5'8 guy try on a medium even and it looked amazing, you will have absolutely no problem with a small unless youre like 1/3 legs 2/3 torso or something

Unless you buy the shorts. 

Quick review of the P46s. I own the P33s and they serve as a great comparison.

Pros:

• Air vents work as intended. Nice circulation from ass to crotch. Definitely will be my go-to summer pant. If you look closely at the inseam vent open photo, there are actually strips of nylon that unfold and serve to keep the vents open.
  • I love the relaxed fit. It's a happy medium between a straight fit and parachute pant.
  • In my opinion, you should go with your regular size. I am 5'-11", 160lbs and I went with my regular size (medium). Much like everyone else, I was worried about the length, but I do think the stacking was intentional. If you look at the left rear quarter photo, there is line of angled stitching on the back of the calf. I think they function to maintain the leg shape. In my experience with other pants of the same baggy fit and thinner fabric, sometimes the leg tends to pinch in the middle making the pants appear like a bootcut fit. This is not the case with the P46s - they retain their full shape at all times.
  • I've had no issue with the hem dragging. Bulkier shoes do help prevent that (as shown in product shots with the LF1s), but it can even be worn with flatter shoes like Vans Old Skools. One trick is to fold the excess fabric inward, creating a "sleeve" that shortens the length. Due to the nature of the fabric, it actually remains in place quite well. I even tried stomping my legs a couple times and the sleeve did not budge.

Cons:

• I do miss the vertical rear side pockets of the P33 but I guess the air vents are the trade off. In a perfect world, one more pair of pockets would have been nice.
  • Although these were featured on some of the Japanese retail sites, the close-up photos of the fly are missing from the mothersite. It features a button at the top, snap enclosures, and a heavy duty YKK zipper. I find opening the fly to take a piss a bit cumbersome. The incorporation of the snap enclosures suggest an ease of access but the top button and zipper contradicts this movement. You are forced to unsnap the enclosures one by one just to pull the zipper down.
  • There is a section of the inseam vent that could be problematic. There is a line of stitching that runs almost perpendicular to the vent zipper that creates a stoppage when unzipping. I worry that this might tear the mesh if one is not careful.

Overall, I very satisfied with the pant. It's a nice departure from the balloon or severely tapered cut as of late. I will upload some pics of the P46 with Vans Old Skools tomorrow.

8 hours ago, CountZatara said:

Quick review of the P46s. I own the P33s and they serve as a great comparison.

Pros:

• Air vents work as intended. Nice circulation from ass to crotch. Definitely will be my go-to summer pant. If you look closely at the inseam vent open photo, there are actually strips of nylon that unfold and serve to keep the vents open.
  • I love the relaxed fit. It's a happy medium between a straight fit and parachute pant.
  • In my opinion, you should go with your regular size. I am 5'-11", 160lbs and I went with my regular size (medium). Much like everyone else, I was worried about the length, but I do think the stacking was intentional. If you look at the left rear quarter photo, there is line of angled stitching on the back of the calf. I think they function to maintain the leg shape. In my experience with other pants of the same baggy fit and thinner fabric, sometimes the leg tends to pinch in the middle making the pants appear like a bootcut fit. This is not the case with the P46s - they retain their full shape at all times.
  • I've had no issue with the hem dragging. Bulkier shoes do help prevent that (as shown in product shots with the LF1s), but it can even be worn with flatter shoes like Vans Old Skools. One trick is to fold the excess fabric inward, creating a "sleeve" that shortens the length. Due to the nature of the fabric, it actually remains in place quite well. I even tried stomping my legs a couple times and the sleeve did not budge.

Cons:

• I do miss the vertical rear side pockets of the P33 but I guess the air vents are the trade off. In a perfect world, one more pair of pockets would have been nice.
  • Although these were featured on some of the Japanese retail sites, the close-up photos of the fly are missing from the mothersite. It features a button at the top, snap enclosures, and a heavy duty YKK zipper. I find opening the fly to take a piss a bit cumbersome. The incorporation of the snap enclosures suggest an ease of access but the top button and zipper contradicts this movement. You are forced to unsnap the enclosures one by one just to pull the zipper down.
  • There is a section of the inseam vent that could be problematic. There is a line of stitching that runs almost perpendicular to the vent zipper that creates a stoppage when unzipping. I worry that this might tear the mesh if one is not careful.

Overall, I very satisfied with the pant. It's a nice departure from the balloon or severely tapered cut as of late. I will upload some pics of the P46 with Vans Old Skools tomorrow.

Maybe try keeping the zipper down and just use the snaps. 

Edited by RapGameTaylorSwift

On 4/29/2023 at 6:38 PM, rhoboatdavie said:

https://www.grailed.com/listings/44085971-acronym-acronym-s-j11-black-s-small?g_aidx=Listing_production&g_aqid=78af3e2428f2f09180a61335a9221628

hey guys, wondering if i can get a legit check on this piece / user? concerned because i saw some of the listing pictures on google. also bonkers price lol

Everything checks out fine. Ask seller if it still has the velcro patches, hood and sling. Bag and tech sheet will be great.

I sold my SJ-11 @ grailed and posted it here too but damn not 5K!

https://www.grailed.com/listings/25309141-acronym-s-j11

2 hours ago, hiei said:

Everything checks out fine. Ask seller if it still has the velcro patches, hood and sling. Bag and tech sheet will be great.

The pieces are cool, it's a nice collection. But the prices are on the wrong planet

On 5/1/2023 at 2:06 PM, hiei said:

I messaged him but he seems kinda whack; also went through his other listings and saw pictures from mercari.jp listings that were already sold. 

4 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Hi, I would like to know if the Acronym Air Force Downtown Hi is true to size? I’ve read that a lot of people went down a half size. 
My Nikes are always size 11, now I am wondering if I should stay with 11 or go for 10,5. And yes, I have flat feet

I’m usually between a 11.5 and 12 in AF1’s. First pair of downtowns I got were 11’s and I got rid of them because they felt too narrow. Got a pair of 11.5’s and they were okay. Got another colourway shortly after in 12 and I tend to prefer the 12’s. 

5 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Hi, I would like to know if the Acronym Air Force Downtown Hi is true to size? I’ve read that a lot of people went down a half size. 
My Nikes are always size 11, now I am wondering if I should stay with 11 or go for 10,5. And yes, I have flat feet

They fit narrow and long so be careful of going too high, they'll end up looking like clown shoes. I went half up one on my first pair then went down on my second. Fits much better now.

21 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Stay TTS for sure. The width fits narrow so if you size down your foot will feel squashed.