Acronym.

Westbrook

5 hours ago, shinshoryuken said:

How come the J105-DS is not getting a wider release? Seem like the usual retailers didn't get them or they sold out immediately.

wondering the same thing, especially for the all black....haven: sold out quickly, ssense: sold so quick i didn't even see it online??....nomad didn't get it...just a bit odd

6 hours ago, zimmerman said:

wondering the same thing, especially for the all black....haven: sold out quickly, ssense: sold so quick i didn't even see it online??....nomad didn't get it...just a bit odd

Exactly! I wanted the all black one but they are all sold out and the usual retailers didn't carry them. 

Hello there!

Appreciate advice or experience with folks on the 3A-1.

Debating between the Xpac 3a-1 vs the Cordura (ranger green) version.

Aesthetically, I like the xpac version better but my most important criteria is longevity (looks news after a long time) and durability (can take a beating). Weight and waterproofness are secondary.

I would have gone with the xpac but I've read a few posts here saying it doesn't age well? 

Edited by zer0cool

15 minutes ago, zer0cool said:

Hello there!

Appreciate advice or experience with folks on the 3A-1.

Debating between the Xpac 3a-1 vs the Cordura (ranger green) version.

Aesthetically, I like the xpac version better but my most important criteria is longevity (looks news after a long time) and durability (can take a beating). Weight and waterproofness are secondary.

I would have gone with the xpac but I've read a few posts here saying it doesn't age well?

X-Pac can "flake" but my 3A-1 has been going strong for quite a while and hasn't shown any compromises to integrity. And I'm pretty hard on it, too. I've seen some nasty flaking when it comes to the older foil bags but rarely for standard X-Pac and only on bags that are super old or very heavily used. That being said, the Cordura variant is probably even tougher. While a higher denier is usually accompanied by diminishing returns, the -COR still has over double the face fabric weight. In addition, the middle layer of the laminate with the "X" is made with aramid fibres giving it another advantage. You'll more than likely be fine with X-Pac but I suggest you compare the fabrics VX-21 Ripstop (X-Pac) and X-50 Tactical (-COR) to inform your decision

On 4/4/2023 at 6:09 PM, zimmerman said:

Have talked to E himself about this on the ROG collab lunch event. He told me that most of the retailers didn’t get the point of this one so they just bought a little stocks for their shop. For most of the retailers J105 is a “weird”jacket and they don’t understand why ACRONYM do that.

Edited by Davidwyh1998
mis spelling

1 hour ago, Davidwyh1998 said:

Have talked to E himself about this on the ROG collab lunch event. He told me that most of the retailers didn’t get the point of this one so they just bought a little stocks for their shop. For most of the retailers J105 is a “wired” jacket and they don’t understand why ACRONYM do that.

Did you mean weird? That is quite hard to believe. There are weirder jacket that came from ACRONYM.  The j105 actually looks pretty tame. 

45 minutes ago, shinshoryuken said:

Did you mean weird? That is quite hard to believe. There are weirder jacket that came from ACRONYM.  The j105 actually looks pretty tame. 

For better context, here's the video of the small questionare https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1aM411T7Lp?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click

1 hour ago, shinshoryuken said:

For each season, retailers are risking their money and taking on inventory risks by placing "bets" on what will sell and what won't, so it is in their interest to pick "winners" on what can make their quickest turn of their money, based on historical sales and fan favourites based on the "acrnm formula".

In the case of J105, it is one of those experimental acr jacket models with very close resemblance to the Japanese jacket and one that not necessarily everyone would love to don in a casual fashion sense. Every Japanese adult male have had a gakuran at one point of their lives, and many still probably have one in their closet and not many of them would want to pay US$1000+ just to look like a high schooler.

Obviously this logic turned out to be wrong, and the J105 turned out to be a hit. That's why this jacket was a tricky one for retailer.

Edited by yankees19032002

Some retailers know nothing about their customers. They stocked tons of J94/J95/J96s and created the biggest acronym sale season.

Then they decided to be overly conservative this season. Some even chose J111 over J105. I'll never get the logic. 

At the end of the day, J105 is a DS jacket.

Made an account just to post this lol

Received a 3a-1 xpac from mothersite on April 1st and one of the pulls immediately broke off. Appears as though the webbing was sewn on the very edge and unraveled through the stitch. Emailed the repairs address same day and still haven't heard anything from them. Late April fools joke? Great bag, all things considered.

3alol.jpg

34 minutes ago, familiar said:

Received a 3a-1 xpac from mothersite on April 1st and one of the pulls immediately broke off. Appears as though the webbing was sewn on the very edge and unraveled through the stitch. Emailed the repairs address same day and still haven't heard anything from them. Late April fools joke? Great bag, all things considered.

3alol.jpg

I've had excellent customer support from their service team. Give them a day or 2. I'm sure this will get rectified immediately.

4 hours ago, familiar said:

3alol.jpg

Acronym will sort you out. I had to send a jacket back to them for repair from Canada and they coordinated everything really well. Btw check you DMs.

On the topic of J105-DS, if anyone is in Seoul, Coevo absolutely still has some black/black in stock at their physical shop. The one on the rack was M, but you can call to ask about other sizes. (Not the jacket for me since I'm short and muscular, and plus im a gaijin.)

I'd be more worried about the carrier losing my package than the tailor fucking up to be honest. If you can find a good tailor with good track record in your vicinity I'd say that's better than the best one in the country but you have to ship it to them. Just my 2cents, though.

excited for p46. seems more like an og acronym pant with the extra long belt webbing draping down. cut is obviously different, but reminds me of p15 and 17. these designs seem to be a minority of recent releases but I hope we get more of them

22 hours ago, familiar said:

3alol.jpg

I ordered the same 3A1 recently so that is a little worrying to see but frustratingly still has not turned up, UPS investigation so not hopeful.

I thought Bagjack make these for acronym? Should be a supreme quality product, made in Germany.

Would the codura one be any different In construction?

51 minutes ago, worksinprogress said:

I thought Bagjack make these for acronym? Should be a supreme quality product, made in Germany.

Bagjack is great, but at the end of the day people are making these bags, and people make mistakes both in production and QC. You’re unlikely to have this issue, but customer support has your back and if it doesn’t - a chargeback from your card provider will. “Made in Germany” really doesn’t mean anything. And about the Cordura bags, they utilise the exact same pattern. It’s just the material that’s different

Edited by hanzen1138

57 minutes ago, Slow86 said:

Good day to all! Can you please tell me how to choose the size for J105-DS?
My height is 178 and my weight is 76 kg. I choose between M and L. I don’t even know which one to choose.

If u take large, the jacket and the sleeves might be too long. Look at the mothersite pictures. E is wearing medium (1,83m).

Medium has a back length of 75cm (without collar)

2 hours ago, Slow86 said:

My height is 178 and my weight is 76 kg. I choose between M and L. I don’t even know which one to choose

M

14 hours ago, Slow86 said:

My height is 178 and my weight is 76 kg. I choose between M and L. I don’t even know which one to choose.

I'm 175 and 64kg - I chose the S and there's a bit of space for me around the body, and the sleeves are a bit too long. But I have a J69 in S and the sleeves on that are also a bit too long, so it's just Acrnm sizing. 

So a M should be fine for you unless you want it to be a really fitted jacket and not wear anything bulky underneath.

anyone else see the blue 3a-7ts on a model in the hbx reel e shared? waiting to here back from him on a confirmation if they’re going to drop, but it’s all i’ve wanted for a few years now and was sad those foils from photoshoots never made it out.