Acronym.

Westbrook

I get the sense that people aren't really feelin the new drop, but honestly I really like these short shorts.  The cut and material are exactly what I'll be reaching for when the warm weather finally arrives.  I mean, yeah, the pockets are a bit too ambitious, and don't really hold things very comfortably.  Definitely wouldn't recommend running up a set of stairs with a phone in the phone pocket.  They look a bit dorky, and the hybrid fly / built in belt / no clasp is a little awkward.  And the snaps on the raid pockets feel like they're gonna be the main failure point.  But that being said, they're a lot more functional than my basic short baggies, and run a lot cooler than my SP9-E.  To me the is one of the more truly summer oriented offerings from ACR and I think they're gonna see a lot of wear.

IMG-7553.jpg

36 minutes ago, sumant28 said:

Why not get the same hat in multiple textiles rather than the same hat in multiple colours? One of the cooler parts about Acronym to me is the product codes allow you to experiment with what fabrics work in what conditions

Gotcha but I already got both colors of the FC3-GT last year lol

39 minutes ago, lukelook said:

Gotcha but I already got both colors of the FC3-GT last year lol

That’s awesome, could you do a comparison post about whether GT is worth the premium over WS? I’m weighing up between whether to get WS or maybe wait for a sale on GT but that seems more and more unlikely

2 hours ago, sumant28 said:

That’s awesome, could you do a comparison post about whether GT is worth the premium over WS? I’m weighing up between whether to get WS or maybe wait for a sale on GT but that seems more and more unlikely

For sure, as soon as I get my hands on the two missing FC3-WSs from ACR, I'll do the comparison.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:10 PM, thehumanreisberg said:

Whoever thought the J105 could be a little short: Acronym mothersite said 68cm length on the J105 in size medium 

But actually it’s 75cm without the collar.

As a tall skinny…. … I love it!

I was kinda irritated on the product pictures, because it looked longer. Haven had the right stats so I gave it a try. 

I'm also pretty happy with how the actual jacket fits compared to the measurements.... was anxious that the J105 would fit too tight, but other than the sleeves being a tad too long, I like how it wears. Glad I managed to get one in time after missing out on the recent J29.

Edited by yinyang67

6 minutes ago, yinyang67 said:

I'm also pretty happy with how the actual jacket fits compared to the measurements.... was anxious that the J105 would fit too tight, but other than the sleeves being a tad too long, I like how it wears. Glad I managed to get one in time after missing out on the recent J29.

Got a mail today from Acronym, cause I wrote them about the actual length. 
I still don’t really get how they measure, but this is their answer:

„Hi Kilian.

Thank you for ordering with Acronym.

You’re right, the back length it is 75cm. However, our length isn’t back length it is the length under the collar so 68cm should be correct.

Instructions, how to use the size chart for our products can be found here: https://acrnm.com/sizing“

10 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Got a mail today from Acronym, cause I wrote them about the actual length. 
I still don’t really get how they measure, but this is their answer:

„Hi Kilian.

Thank you for ordering with Acronym.

You’re right, the back length it is 75cm. However, our length isn’t back length it is the length under the collar so 68cm should be correct.

Instructions, how to use the size chart for our products can be found here: https://acrnm.com/sizing“

Even with their sizing chart it still isn't consistent - the length seems to be the front from under the collar for the S, because it definitely isn't as per their diagram. The chest size is a bit off, and I suppose the shoulder and sleeve length is 'accurate'. 

But for jackets that have raglan sleeves I'm not sure how sleeve length gets measured!!

I just have to order S and hope that I haven't gained weight or height...!

On 3/30/2023 at 2:11 PM, thehumanreisberg said:

Would like to know about J111 too. Maybe someone can measure it?

I ordered J111TS-CH in M size, as soon as I get it, I will make measurements and post it here.

Good afternoon to all! Got the next things from the Acronym!
Jacket J58-WS, M size. My height is 178 cm and weight is 76 kg. The jacket fit perfectly, clearly on the figure. The model is beautiful and very pleased.

And here are the P31A-DS pants in M size. Great color and DS material, but they are too short for me. The manufacturer claims a length of 100.5 cm in M size, but in fact there is 97.5 cm. And I'm just missing these 3 centimeters.

Photo attached.

photo_2023-04-03_17-35-49.jpg

photo_2023-04-03_17-35-46.jpg

photo_2023-04-03_17-35-43.jpg

photo_2023-04-03_17-35-37.jpg

photo_2023-04-03_17-42-21.jpg

photo_2023-04-03_17-42-14.jpg

Edited by Slow86

I also recently received a J16-GT jacket in M size and P23A-DS pants in S size.
The jacket fit perfectly, in the photo I'm wearing it on a sweater. I recently tried it on with the J58-WS and I have enough space to put it on top.

The P23A-DS pants also seemed to sit well, but I would like to get a couple more centimeters in length, so I also bought a size M, as soon as I make a comparison.

My height is 178 cm and weight is 76 kg.

If you have any questions about things or measurements, write, if possible, I will tell you.

photo_2023-04-03_17-47-43.jpg

Edited by Slow86

Ur p23a's looks short and tight on u. 

Ur measurements r pretty inaccurate for p31ads. Just measured my size S outseam. Its about 96.5 cm (97.5 acr measurements from S). Their outseam is a bit curved - that's the key for the right measurement.

I'm 178, 80-83 kg, size M in p23ads, and P31A fits OK for me in size S (wearing then on my hips).. 

20230403_184005.jpg

Where are they curved? Do not mislead people, if there is a curvature there, then it is not visible to the eye.  I measured the M size again and again it turned out 97.5 cm. Most likely you are measuring your pants incorrectly by pulling them out.

photo_2023-04-03_19-24-45.jpg

photo_2023-04-03_19-24-43.jpg

1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

Ofc incorrectly lol. Just laid flat. But  I'm ok if u measure it as 97 instead of 101. 

Same for p23ads. I have the same outseam measurements as on ms.

I confirmed my words with a photo. 
But apparently this is not enough for your "imao".

I am very glad that your pants measurements coincide with the official website, but this is not the case with me.
So why are you trying to prove the opposite to me, I don't understand at all.

Also purchased a J96-GT in S size. 
I think that in M it would be too wide for me. 
In S size, the village is perfect both in length and in shoulders. My height is 178 cm and weight is 76 kg. 

A great jacket for every day, especially since it can be found at a very nice price.  If I find it at a good price in Khaki color, then I will definitely buy it too.photo_2023-04-03_23-01-59.jpg

Edited by Slow86

J96 looks great on you! I didn't like it when it first came out but it's really growing on me, might have to get one, too...

How do you like the chest pockets? Is it possible to store some gloves or a neck gaiter in them without them looking too bulky?

13 hours ago, karakum said:

J96 looks great on you! I didn't like it when it first came out but it's really growing on me, might have to get one, too...

How do you like the chest pockets? Is it possible to store some gloves or a neck gaiter in them without them looking too bulky?

Thank you! The chest pockets are very comfortable. I can hide my hands in my pockets without opening them. And there are also other pockets on the chest that close with a zipper, it is convenient to store gloves, keys and more in them. There are no complaints about this jacket, I wear it much more often than J16 or J1W.

Edited by Slow86

P23-Q picked these up at a retail shop last week and didn't notice til now. not sure how this got past the QC department unless this was intentional figured ide share. This does not appear on the mothersite, yet does appear in Ssense and and darksides websites as they usually do their own photography.

what doesnt make sense to me it is not functional in this configuration nor is it removable like on the P30 DSKR RFS coevo collab whatever. in those pictures it looks functional with the way its looped. makes zero sense of this being hard stitched to the inner loop. 

(Update, it is indeed removable.  i am an idiot and apparently those are c clips.... didnt deduce that til acrnm sent me back an email. 

IMG_1787.JPG

Edited by Lokshot
update

12 hours ago, Slow86 said:

I confirmed my words with a photo. 
But apparently this is not enough for your "imao".

I am very glad that your pants measurements coincide with the official website, but this is not the case with me.
So why are you trying to prove the opposite to me, I don't understand at all.

nah. u dont get it. I'm not going to prove anything to u. My view is quite the opposite of the one you've expressed there.
From my experience the margin of error of measuring pants on MS relatively small - up to 1-2 centimeters max. 

20 hours ago, Slow86 said:

Also purchased a J96-GT in S size. 
I think that in M it would be too wide for me. 
In S size, the village is perfect both in length and in shoulders. My height is 178 cm and weight is 76 kg. 

A great jacket for every day, especially since it can be found at a very nice price.  If I find it at a good price in Khaki color, then I will definitely buy it too.photo_2023-04-03_23-01-59.jpg

looking good. I also really want a j96 in khaki - I have a feeling that because the color wasnt popular acronym wont ever make it again. guess Im waiting for the right price too but a lot of retailers seem to have it on sale. thanks for your sizing info! think I need an extra small

Edited by futurecowboy2099

42 minutes ago, futurecowboy2099 said:

looking good. I also really want a j96 in khaki - I have a feeling that because the color wasnt popular acronym wont ever make it again. guess Im waiting for the right price too but a lot of retailers seem to have it on sale. thanks for your sizing info! think I need an extra small

Great choice! Now I will send you one well-known site where there is the size you need at a great price! oh, it's a pity that not with the S size.