Acronym.

Westbrook

On 3/16/2023 at 4:17 PM, TheLinfel said:

Who can share their acronym setup for more or less cold winter? 

What jackets \ insulator combo do you use and for what temperature range?

Above 0 Celsius 

68 Pl 

v91 + hoodie 

below 0

j76/j61gt + j58 (wet)

j91 (dry)

la-10m been a nice option for layering too

On 3/16/2023 at 3:17 PM, TheLinfel said:

Who can share their acronym setup for more or less cold winter? 

What jackets \ insulator combo do you use and for what temperature range?

This has worked for me coming from someone who's coming from a warm climate to blistering Midwest winters.

Snow 

Temps around 15 and lower
PL-J1, C1-AJ, NG4, P39-PR under P44-GT

Cold 

20 & UP
S32-PX, J25-WS*, NG4, P24A-DS

*Sometimes if I want a hood I'll wear J25 under it since it's thin and I don't get that clammy feeling. 

Rain
GT-J16, S13-W, P10A-CH

For me, I've found value in ACR knits. They keep me warm, quality, and haven't had any issues with QC or function. Pilling hasn't been crazy either so it's giving me that quality feel. Ideally, for what I wear I'd like more lined items, so P38-AD would've been better than double panting but that's for another time. End of it all, I think if your baselayer is well thought out then the ACR is secondary. 

Edited by quachohuncho
*one more thing

1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

P39 under p44 for snow and p10 in ch for rain. What's the point? Rash move... 

MM, the P44 was kinda cold standalone. For me, I need that extra warmth. You could just wear leggings too but in the snow, all the layers are better imo. I prefer the P10 cause the fabric doesn't absorb the water like Stotz does, dries pretty quickly, and since it's a bit thicker still keeps my legs warm :3

9 hours ago, quachohuncho said:

MM, the P44 was kinda cold standalone. For me, I need that extra warmth. You could just wear leggings too but in the snow, all the layers are better imo. I prefer the P10 cause the fabric doesn't absorb the water like Stotz does, dries pretty quickly, and since it's a bit thicker still keeps my legs warm :3

Kk. But recently it was P39-M not - PR in the post. That's why it was weird for me. Also P44 gt doesn't exist. 

Alright, here is the short story of Acronym pants and me. Was super hyped for P23A, went for length and bought a large. Couldn’t cinched the pant to my waist. 55cm to 40cm waist. It doesn’t work, imo it’s possible to cinch down about 10cm, but not more. 
So i am thinking to go to Medium or even Small. Buy some DrySkin and bring it to a tailor.

Anyone walked that path before? 

12 minutes ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Alright, here is the short story of Acronym pants and me. Was super hyped for P23A, went for length and bought a large. Couldn’t cinched the pant to my waist. 55cm to 40cm waist. It doesn’t work, imo it’s possible to cinch down about 10cm, but not more. 
So i am thinking to go to Medium or even Small. Buy some DrySkin and bring it to a tailor.

Have you considered getting a tailor to add belt loops to your current pair? That could be the simplest solution. Cinch them down as far as they’ll go and make up the difference with a belt. That’s how I get my P23A-S to work for me. 

for my tall, skinny bredrin... I'm a size large life-er but can go medium for the J111-CH (only tried with a reduced pocket filling...).
if you're broad shouldered the large is probably still fine, but I found the shoulders too wide and sleeves a fraction too long on the L. looked bad saggy not good saggy.

obviously I'm a sample size of one, so do with this info what you want.

schwarzgrün isn't quite petrol, but it is mighty nice...

55 minutes ago, mikon_nikon said:

for my tall, skinny bredrin... I'm a size large life-er but can go medium for the J111-CH (only tried with a reduced pocket filling...).
if you're broad shouldered the large is probably still fine, but I found the shoulders too wide and sleeves a fraction too long on the L. looked bad saggy not good saggy.

obviously I'm a sample size of one, so do with this info what you want.

schwarzgrün isn't quite petrol, but it is mighty nice...

I'll play devils advocate here and say I'm usually a medium / small, coming from a m j4ts and tried both the M & S in the 111.

At first I thought M was a bit bigger and slouchier than usual, tried an S and personally didn't like the more snug fit for the silhouette. Felt more bomber esque and not a lot of room to layer.

Personally gonna stick with M and can toss a hoodie under there still, also could use the aux zip to insulate. So depends on how you wanna layer w it.

1 hour ago, thehumanreisberg said:

I recently bought a pair of FW1213 P10-CH in Medium, unfortunately they were too small lengthwise (and a tad too wide at the waist, but not so much that it looks off, just 30 mm half-circumference). After getting my hands on some original -CH fabric from that season I had a tailor lengthen them by 60 mm just below the knee box and above the top of the zipper, which is a space where there are no articulation seams, so lengthening is very simple. The result is great, they actually stack now and while the look of new -CH compared to 12 year old -CH is obviously not quite identical, it isn't super noticable in normal daylight. If you can get the same Dryskin (especially important is to get similar weight DS in my opinion, otherwise it might fall weird on your legs) as your pants lengthening a smaller size is the way to go and works great! If you cannot get the same fabric you should buy for waist and have the tailor adjust the seat, which is a lot more complex and might alter the way the waist and seat of your pants look, but if it's only 5-10cm half-circumference it should work out. The rest of the way can then be tightened with the cinch and a belt (if you get some custom belt loops).

58 minutes ago, ukiro said:

Drop went live on mother site 10 minutes ago, in case some of you are just idling here… 

I think most know but just don’t care. For the most part, 2023 is shaping up to be a weak year

8A7ADAFA-8453-4E99-9589-7AD17974115A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, hanzen1138 said:

I think most know but just don’t care. For the most part, 2023 is shaping up to be a weak year

8A7ADAFA-8453-4E99-9589-7AD17974115A.jpeg

Exclusives are gonna be carrying this whole year... I hope...

>  shitposting on Insta about how fashion industry is producing too much waste, and he's releasing these crap that nobody wants to buy lol 

You shouldn't extrapolate your opinion to everyone else's opinion...

J105 is almost gone in Black except for M, for example. Black/White is out of XS and XL too already after two hours.

Edited by karakum

Bring back P25  & P27, or some über low widescreen action , something a little radical, the fayre of late had been somewhat pedestrian, CP3? 

Convertible half sleeve jackets etc, stuff like set 1-4 would be great 

444CC2DD-CBCE-46C5-9E84-626F85D4C0E5.jpeg.0bb0abe6867fa3282a77b186b82801a3.jpeg

Can live in vague hope…

Edited by TEKsevenZERO