Acronym.

Westbrook

hey all, first time poster and maybe a year-long lurker. was super hooked on the look of acr jackets and then i bought one - but was kinda disappointed. then i discovered the pants and that totally changed my life. recently got into the bags and they have been equally life changing 

grail jacket: j1a-gtv (im size s if ur sellin)

fav pants: p10-ds

fav bag: 3a-2, so much better for edc than my 1 imo

looking forward to annoying the gatekeeping old heads and making new friends. also maybe to scoring some deals…

Edited by futurecowboy2099

Enjoy your pricy tech journey!

And take a closer look to insulators and mid layers. They are relatively rare and imo so cool and unique

by the way, what do you carry inside 3a on edc?

Edited by TheLinfel

18 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

welcome, what jacket did you get? imo there’s only a few (if any) that are cool or actually practical in daily-use. p10-ds are versatile and are also my go-to choice. backpacks > mess bags ;)

because it was cheap i got the j47-gt. its not as “cool” as j1 or j28 but it was fairly practical when it rained enough to warrant wearing. i do really like the 3d collar ridge on the j47 (and j36) and hope it comes to more jackets. maybe should have gotten a second hand j47a or ts

Edited by futurecowboy2099

10 hours ago, TheLinfel said:

Enjoy your pricy tech journey!

And take a closer look to insulators and mid layers. They are relatively rare and imo so cool and unique

by the way, what do you carry inside 3a on edc?

glasses, hand sanitizer, phone + portable power brick, airpods, i have a pen actually stuck in the holder thing, mask on the back in the zippered mesh section, chewing gum, mini flashlight, small 300ml water bottle. sometimes other things. basic stuff but its nice to have on hand

2 hours ago, futurecowboy2099 said:

because it was cheap i got the j47-gt. its not as “cool” as j1 or j28 but it was fairly practical when it rained enough to warrant wearing. i do really like the 3d collar ridge on the j47 (and j36) and hope it comes to more jackets. maybe should have gotten a second hand j47a or ts

J47>>>>J1 and  j28 tbh. It's clean and not hyped af. 

3 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

yeah i def think its slept on, and theres no shortage of j1 iterations. not a super big fan of j28 but I know its popular. really want to see more j47a (-ws specifically pls) and maybe j36. hell even the j47r is cool but the vanilla 47 i find somewhat lackluster. cant complain about the mic quality tho of mine - it still feels very good

On 3/11/2023 at 3:25 PM, futurecowboy2099 said:

yeah i def think its slept on, and theres no shortage of j1 iterations. not a super big fan of j28 but I know its popular. really want to see more j47a (-ws specifically pls) and maybe j36. hell even the j47r is cool but the vanilla 47 i find somewhat lackluster. cant complain about the mic quality tho of mine - it still feels very good

My only jacket is the j47a, I love the thing. fits great, technical without looking out of place with a ton of different fits.

On 3/11/2023 at 10:18 PM, Yan90 said:

The J47 is easily my most worn Acronym jacket ever. If i want to go to the office in 'office casual', it works perfectly, the 28 and even the 47a look cooler way on the street but neither have that versatility imo. The chest pocket is always handy (and surprisingly roomy too), and the collar really helps the with transition between the informal and formal appearance. It's definitely not the flashiest or coolest jacket in my collection but because of it's chameleon-like utility, it's the one that I reach for most.

41 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

J47s have such tiny hoods though, barely shields me from the rain

gotta agree on the hood being small. the shape i feel offers good close to head protection tho, but definitely prefer the volume of the j1w hood

4 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

All these new jackets won’t cover my bellybutton when I would take my regular size. 
I’ll guess a lot of tall people have this issue? 

Nearly 2m tall acronym enjoyer here, J29 in size L worked great for me, I suspect it'll be the same with the J105, which I'll definitely try out. 

J68 and J111 probably won't work, even in XL. But it is what it is, good to see them offering a variety of different cuts.