Acronym.

Westbrook

On 2/14/2023 at 3:10 PM, robbatussin said:

They've been shipping their products internationally for how many years now? They can't assign more favorable tariff codes, or they just don't want to?

They don't care, they just use the most convenient tariff codes because it's less of a hassle pinpointing the exact HTS code for everything we order. For us Americans, I'm fine with them using UPS or even DHL. As long as they do NOT make the switch to FedEx... they are just straight garbage. You guys will not see your jackets/pants/sunglasses for weeks at a time (imagine providing a "Certificate of Origin" from Chamber of Commerce every time you buy something because their workers are so incompetent to interpret international invoices). I'm sure people have had positive experiences but after dealing with them the past few years, I would never use them unless you have an very lucrative discount or you know your clients are extremely patient people.

It also doesn't help that they seem to have a high turnover in the customs clearance department and refuse to hire people who can figure out things by themselves.

Any of you can share some info on readying and reproofing stotz? 

I got an p10-s and it’s already starting to fade after one month of nearly daily wear, i also washed it by hand.

I was wondering if it would be okay to wash it in the madhine on handwashprogram. But I think it might crease too much and will come out patchy/ even more faded. 

And dryer for reactivation the dwr is a nono, even when it’s completely dry? 

Would be cool to hear some of your care routines for stotz. 

Thanks 

Handwash or delicates cycle in the washing machine is fine. It'll accelerate fading a bit more than handwashing but fading is a bit inevitable so personally I can't be bothered hand washing. 

As for reproofing, yes do not throw it in the dryer. A light ironing can do the job though. Place a tea towel between the stotz and the iron if preferred, but I usually just iron directly to the stotz. 

@mike.kanashi thanks! That’s what I already did to my stotz pieces. 
What do you use for spot cleaning? I just took some tech wash and a soft brush and lightly work it in before washing, it seems like light stains from normal wear will come off.

After my first wash the pants got some small white stains in some spots, I am not sure if this is just a part of the fading or if the water was maybe too warm and the dwr kind of collected in this spots. 

Have you ever redyed it and can recommend a product for that? 
I can Imagine that the dye won’t penetrate the material enough and it will look horribly patchy and the dwr will just get destroyed by the dye/ the fixation salt. 

16 hours ago, DeadHype said:

@mike.kanashi thanks! That’s what I already did to my stotz pieces. 
What do you use for spot cleaning? I just took some tech wash and a soft brush and lightly work it in before washing, it seems like light stains from normal wear will come off.

After my first wash the pants got some small white stains in some spots, I am not sure if this is just a part of the fading or if the water was maybe too warm and the dwr kind of collected in this spots. 

Have you ever redyed it and can recommend a product for that? 
I can Imagine that the dye won’t penetrate the material enough and it will look horribly patchy and the dwr will just get destroyed by the dye/ the fixation salt. 

Procion MX + soda ash using cold water immersion per the instructions should work if you keep soaking for a few days and re-agitating the mix every several hours. I used it to darken up some light navy pants made of ventile a while back and it worked great. The long soak time allows the dye to permeate the fabric's water resistance, and the cold soaking temp doesn't shrink the fabric like hot dye would.

Anyone who owns the V91 can comment on how they like it? Also, I know these are pretty adjustable at waist, but in terms of sizing do they feel pretty true to size or slightly bigger? I'm about 5'10"/200lbs and considering size XL

Hey team,

I have gotten more into Acronym recently and have bought a few pieces (Please don't call me normie for my first 2 pieces being J1A + P30). I've had them legit-checked in other online groups but I'm very skeptical and can still have my doubts. My J1A GT arrived today and after looking it over, it seems all good, I just had a slight worry, the receipt paper seems to be different from the P30A-DS I bought about a month ago. There are also a few inconsistencies between the two receipts. Is this a sign of a forged receipt or am I looking way too into it and they've just used a different printer over the years( Although I think these iterations were both released around 2019)?

Since I have never owned any other Acronym (apart from ACR x Nike), I don't have much to reference. I will also attach some images of my recent purchases and maybe some experts could help verify. Not sure what photos are important so let me know if there is anything else I can upload.

Thanks in advance :)

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

Edited by Codz

7 hours ago, rmc said:

Anyone who owns the V91 can comment on how they like it? Also, I know these are pretty adjustable at waist, but in terms of sizing do they feel pretty true to size or slightly bigger? I'm about 5'10"/200lbs and considering size XL

I tried it on, normally I wear m for fitted looks und large for layering or loose looks.

Imo medium fitted massive and really long on me. S or even XS would have been right for me. 

Overall it’s a really nice piece with many super handy features, maybe I will pick one up when I can grab a good deal.

looking for sizing advice of J77-AM 

I am 173 \ 77 and usually wear M for most of acronym pieces, but by measurements and model photos it looks like M would be too drape for my height. 
Looking for more snuggle, close to skin fit. Can anyone share their experience of J77-am? 

tnx in advance 

On 3/2/2023 at 4:59 AM, Codz said:

Hey team,

I have gotten more into Acronym recently and have bought a few pieces (Please don't call me normie for my first 2 pieces being J1A + P30). I've had them legit-checked in other online groups but I'm very skeptical and can still have my doubts. My J1A GT arrived today and after looking it over, it seems all good, I just had a slight worry, the receipt paper seems to be different from the P30A-DS I bought about a month ago. There are also a few inconsistencies between the two receipts. Is this a sign of a forged receipt or am I looking way too into it and they've just used a different printer over the years( Although I think these iterations were both released around 2019)?

Since I have never owned any other Acronym (apart from ACR x Nike), I don't have much to reference. I will also attach some images of my recent purchases and maybe some experts could help verify. Not sure what photos are important so let me know if there is anything else I can upload.

Thanks in advance :)

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

Seems fine for me. GoreTex mesh usually easy to distinguish 

Interesting stage of growth for Acronym at the moment.

I always thought one of the coolest parts of the brand (outside of the clothing) were that they didn't do marketing in the traditional sense. No newsletter, no IG, etc. Now we find ourselves with the majority of the products that have released in the last few seasons having a full size run and they've just created an IG & newsletter this week. 

I'm interested to see if they can create a unique perspective on both of these channels, but it definitely feels like a changing of the guard.

Errolson must have partnered up with ASUS again and it looks like there's gonna be an Acronym/David Rudnick customised ROG Flow X13. As if the G14 wasn't overpriced enough, the follow up is gonna cost $3500 USD supposedly. Maybe it'll drop alongside more tacky gamer merch. Can't be the only one who thinks this is stupid. (Not my photos btw)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Seems like a lot of T-shirts again. 
Those circular patterns looks kinda cool, tho 

on one side I looking for something cool and new, but on the other hand summer drops always wasn’t the best, and I hope to save some cash xdd

25BB51D4-C699-4C2E-85F0-3E8AE405E721.jpeg

Edited by TheLinfel