Acronym.

Westbrook

On 2/3/2023 at 9:04 AM, DeadHype said:

Would you guys recommend e or ds for the p30? 
How is it to wear the e Version around the year? I already read it’s more durable in case of waterproofness…

I am not sure which version will be a better all year pants. 

Yes, E can be worn all year round but DS is better off for colder season. 

All year round - DS, 4 season pants 
Tropical country setting - E, but pls dont get me wrong I worn my DS in the Philippines and Hawaii and they are all fine. But E feels much cooler to my legs

Fit - DS for P10, P34, P23... basically all the acrnm pants are great with DS. But 0.02 worth, E is much better for ultrawide, ATG / NTL drop crotch pants like the P30s. By design it's already wide and no need for extra stretch. Plus E drapes much better than DS.

Travel Buddy - P30A-E feels like pajamas when sleeping in a plane. Cold weather? Layer it up with uniqlo Heat tech will solve the issue.

Edited by hiei
addendum

@hiei Ok, i went for the e version. I like that the material won’t lose its water repellent properties if it’s taken proper care of.

In the warmer months i should be fine with that from what I heard and in colder months I just put some long thermal underwear underneath. 

I am also looking forward to get some DS pants later that year, the p41-ds in raf looks nice and I can see how the ds is kind of making more sense on a slimmer cut. 

Thanks to everyone who shared some info! 

@DeadHype based to nextec site water repellant is inherent to its fabric technology so no need to take care with dwr or some sort of coating. 

Yes, perfectly fine for highly humid warm summer, just unzip the bottom hem. Yes, thermal underwear plus thick socks.

Goodluck with the search! Im having hard time looking for XS P30A-E in alpha green and will by opting for RAF green P23A-DS instead.

Is the 3a-7ts even real? What’s the best place to get one and most importantly, will it come back soon? My shoulders are tired of the strictly left sided carry all the time.

I was hoping since the release of the j87-ws for a new release. 

Feel free to share some nice shots of your acronym bagjackbagback if you got one!

x

On 2/9/2023 at 6:38 PM, Oesmark said:

How do the Gore-Tex® 2L dimensional flex panels look after a few years of use? Like the latest J16 and J69. I think they feel quite fragile on my P38s which I have used very little.

I’ve got my J16 (Alpha Green) for a year now, wearing it almost on a daily basis. Flex panels looking still like new. That’s all I can say. 

UPS duty rate guide for US folks If you find your duty charge is too high:

The cause of this problem is that ACRONYM provided incomplete codes to UPS, like 62014000 which does not exist. You need to give UPS the right one.

1. Call UPS international line or billing department to confirm your duties if it's not updated on the website. The duty charges update once the package enters the US.

2. Email UPS for HTS code alternation (it is the only way to reach them):
[email protected] (Usually this one)
Or: [email protected] 

Explain yourself. Send an email with screenshots & links of the product page showing the fabric and screenshots & links of the fabric/material (dryskin/goretex page) stating it's water resistant. Give them the code you want to use.

3. Correct code:
-DS pants: 6203.43.1190
WR or WP jackets (-GT/-WS/-GTPL,etc): 6201.40.7000
This will correct the rate to 7.1%. Extra 7%(or 8?) if made in China, this one is fixed.

The key is to prove the item is water-resistant.

Acronym used the correct code for -E pants based on my experience.

4. After UPS changes the code, they will give you a number to call and pay.

Extra thing if you want to get rid of the C.O.D shipment: (cannot guarantee if it works for you)

Register for a UPS billing center account, then all bills will be posted there instead of C.O.D shipment. This could earn you extra time to dispute the duty charges, and the driver won't ask for fees on delivery.

Edited by keynezk

On 2/10/2023 at 10:17 PM, DeadHype said:

Is the 3a-7ts even real? What’s the best place to get one and most importantly, will it come back soon? My shoulders are tired of the strictly left sided carry all the time.

I was hoping since the release of the j87-ws for a new release. 

Feel free to share some nice shots of your acronym bagjackbagback if you got one!

x

I grew so tired of waiting for that silver foil 7TS that I eventually reached out to bagjack years ago to commission a custom 7TS-inspired Skidcat (which is the model the 7TS is built off of). Couldn't spec xpac as it's an acronym exclusive, so had to go with Cordura instead. Aside from excellent build quality, as you would expect from bagjack, the backpack itself was so incredibly uncomfortable. I think I may have only used it a handful of times until my back couldn't bare anymore.

Edited by robbatussin

On 2/14/2023 at 9:11 PM, DeadHype said:

@robbatussin would you mind to post some pictures of it? I already checked out that model, I think with the TS upgrade it looked quite decent! There is a picture floating around of a black one with a red zipper, is that yours?

What made it so uncomfortable for you? And how did you use it? 

Oh man, this was almost 10 years ago and can’t recall snapping any photos at the time. Red zipper model wasn’t mine; mine mimicked every aspect of the 7TS sans xpac and used cobra buckles instead of the plastic olive quick-release buckles. 

I remember the inward curvature at the top of shoulder straps would dig into my neck. And the when the backpack was loaded, it would sort of just ‘box-out’ and no longer contour across my back, but rather just sit on my spine (it was a messenger back after all). Just didn’t work well with my frame. 

Edited by robbatussin

@robbatussin low-key the real flex to wear acronym and taking no pics! 

I made a quick sketch of how I would imagine mine… 

Maybe I find someone who is able to realise this project, maybe I even try it by myself. Or I will get back to bagjack, but I think they can’t do the acronym references I would like to see on my bag. 

8AF80897-233F-44E8-9CD5-849A22EBF4DE.jpeg

10 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

Can the CH material on a pant return?

Which model of pant would you like it on?

As cool as a P30-CH rerelease would be, I wouldn’t care for the Gen 1.1 treatment. But I would love an opportunity for more P10/P10A in that fabric. That being said, if it isn’t the same luxe modacrylic blend as it used to be I’ve got zero interest

Edited by hanzen1138

I didn’t care for P16A-CH myself. Too drapey. Not a good fabric for a cargo pant imo, especially considering how quickly it frays. P10/A’s were super comfy but you have to spread out you wears or else they wear super fast lol. 

Edited by brainerd666

9 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

@brainerd666 thanks man, I’ve got noob level of experience with CH. 

-CH have 2 versions:

1. soft and thinner version (P16A-CH FW1415, P10A-CH FW1516). Drapes more like - DS, no good imo. 

2. Rigid and thicker version (P10-CH SS16,  P10A-CH FW1617).  Drapes amazing. 

I sold all my P10\A- CH, cuz its wears out quickly between legs, but keeping P16A-CH. I altered them a bit, they r still like new, drapes pretty nice. 

Edited by Yan90

have the thicker CH (P10-CH) and it's pretty colourfast. i would put it's durability somewhere between S and DS. it doesn't fade as fast, mine have stayed nice and dark after many washes, but it has faded slightly and will eventually look like used S but slower.