Acronym.

Westbrook

21 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

J28 sucks as a GT jacket so let’s stack on that suckiness. Let’s add a pubic bib and a less awesome collar.

That wasn’t good enough.

Ok, let’s add a 60’s era golf jacket collar, ‘hat’ instead of hood, and make the piss flaps tie down and removable so you’ll lose them in your closet. 

Curious what you disliked about the original J28 as a GT jacket. I do agree with @leg that most of the new changes seem unnecessary and detracts from the aesthetic of the original. That bib/apron seem kind of pointless, I don’t really have much opinion on the new collar although I don’t personally see much benefit it has over the original and question whether a removable hat over a hood is a better design choice utility-wise.

Looking at what sold out on MS though, the people who bought seemed to mainly care about the new color-way rather than any of these new “features”.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:30 PM, leg said:

I honestly think that some models should be left alone. That new collar is really more practical and better looking? Is that stupid hat really better than proper hood? What if I already wear a hat, should I put a hat on a hat? Hood on a snap buttons? Good luck trying not to lose it, because your jacket will be ruined if you do (how many metropolis jackets people tried to sell without hoods? And they’re using zipper). Apron is whatever, since it’s detachable. Sad to see one of the best acronym jackets ruined like that. Literally zero upgrades, just useless features.

center snap closure and new gravity pocket design are good upgrades imo

18 hours ago, hooper said:

center snap closure and new gravity pocket design are good upgrades imo

Incremental upgrades like that are welcomed of course. I always liked how Acronym balanced between form and function, but recently it seems that they're pushing form over function with no particular reason, except to make it look different (so they will have an excuse to push price higher, because selling exact same item for x2 price would look too greedy).

Not a big fan of all the fiddling with proven designs either, but the bib/apron is a cycling feature. If you're from a city where cycling is your main mode of transport, the leg flaps are super useful to keep your pants from getting soaked. IYKYK.

I have always found that when I wear my j28gt(17) in heavy rain, my legs often get really wet since the jacket is cut quite short.

Personally, I would see a lot of utility in the apron, but not enough to buy another j28 in place of my 2017 version.  

As a cyclist, I suppose the flaps might make sense, but I would be too annoyed by the motion of my legs hitting the flaps to ever use them.

27 minutes ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Hi, i am New here and would like to start with a question.

I recently stumbled upon an Acronym sample, J97-M and purchased it. Are samples quite common? Is this legit? 
And could somebody help me with a wash tag, Since mine hasn’t one?

Regards

K.

571E0C34-AA21-4AB5-822B-57C0D19FD7E6.jpeg

F3C5F92E-CAB5-4BE7-BEB3-552E15A5C7AE.jpeg

looks legit, not really common. best

3 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Thank you for the response. 

Interesting to see this side of things tbh. I've worked with a couple different stages of pre prod and sample stuff, and I like seeing how different companies label and iterate. For example, final sample items from The North Face will have the O on the internal label not filled in.

21 hours ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Hi, i am New here and would like to start with a question.

I recently stumbled upon an Acronym sample, J97-M and purchased it. Are samples quite common? Is this legit? 
And could somebody help me with a wash tag, Since mine hasn’t one?

Regards

K.

571E0C34-AA21-4AB5-822B-57C0D19FD7E6.jpeg

F3C5F92E-CAB5-4BE7-BEB3-552E15A5C7AE.jpeg

I was watching this too, the price was quite ok imo. Are there any design differences to the actual release? 

It’s a big dream to visit one of the archives btw. 

x

19 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Makes sense if you got both since the cutoff is generally $800+, but I was still expecting to pay cause it was closer to $900

gotcha i thought you meant the shirt itself was not taxable for whatever reason haha

Edited by chris_n

54 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

Even at that discounted price, any laptop that's over 2 years old should be half price or less. My friend asked their SA over there and he said they have quite a bit in stock so I'd wait a bit longer. The price will drop even further.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:02 PM, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Makes sense if you got both since the cutoff is generally $800+, but I was still expecting to pay cause it was closer to $900

Did you use Paypal’s conversion? That shouldn’t be the amount they use on the invoice it’s just Paypal giving a shitty conversion to skim. Always use ur banks conversion ime.

edit: it might be slightly over the $800 threshold now with the current exchange, last week was ~1:1

Edited by wexler