Acronym.

Westbrook

you can also find a lot of stuff by way of the webarchive. a friend of mine has made an archive of many older pieces and their webarchive links but it's not complete, a lot of them vanished from the web.

Has anyone here purchased anything from "Farfetched?" I tried to buy an ACR jacket from them and the payment went through without a hitch, but before they would ship the product, they wanted a photo of my credit card and/or my passport. I told them to "pound sand" and refund my money. I also reported them to my credit card company. I have never dealt with anything like that online!

Edited by NortonCommando961
spelling

21 minutes ago, NortonCommando961 said:

Has anyone here purchased anything from "Farfetched?" I tried to buy an ACR jacket from them and the payment went through without a hitch, but before they would ship the product, they wanted a photo of my credit card and/or my passport. I told them to "pound sand" and refund my money. I also reported them to my credit card company. I have never dealt with anything like that online!

Iirc Farfetch is a "marketplace" that independent channels can sell through but holy shit, that's awful. I'll be steering clear of it. Hope your creditor refunds you fam, gl dealing with that mess

Edited by hanzen1138

@NortonCommando961 have had to do this couple of times with other retailers, spoke with one who said they needed proof the card belongs to me and when sending a photo of the card you can cover all but the last four numbers, so said yeah sure why not. sent a photo of the card covering the numbers with my middle finger.

Edited by scamster

14 hours ago, scamster said:

@NortonCommando961 have had to do this couple of times with other retailers, spoke with one who said they needed proof the card belongs to me and when sending a photo of the card you can cover all but the last four numbers, so said yeah sure why not. sent a photo of the card covering the numbers with my middle finger.

Thank for the info. Very helpful!

20 hours ago, hanzen1138 said:

Iirc Farfetch is a "marketplace" that independent channels can sell through but holy shit, that's awful. I'll be steering clear of it. Hope your creditor refunds you fam, gl dealing with that mess

Thanks for the information. I got my money refunded but it will take 10 days to appear in my account. 

16 hours ago, scamster said:

So I thought I would try your technique (the symbolism of the middle finger is important :-)

However, my credit card is a new one and the numbers are not embossed in a line like the older cards. They are printed on the back of the card in a 4x4 grid. covering all but the last 4 digits would not be a problem. However after giving it some thought, I decided to cancel the order. 

1. I would have to photograph both sides of my card;

2. The photos would show: my full name; the card expiry date; the security code; the type of card allowing anyone to figure the first four digits of my account as well the last four digits of my account.

3. All this would be sent in an unencrypted email to a "distributed" company I had never dealt with before. And a company that i did not have a physical address for!

Hmmmmm! All this risk for an ACR jacket . . . A nice jacket, but it's still just a jacket!  No Thanks!

I cancelled the order!

46 minutes ago, NortonCommando961 said:

So I thought I would try your technique (the symbolism of the middle finger is important :-)

However, my credit card is a new one and the numbers are not embossed in a line like the older cards. They are printed on the back of the card in a 4x4 grid. covering all but the last 4 digits would not be a problem. However after giving it some thought, I decided to cancel the order. 

1. I would have to photograph both sides of my card;

2. The photos would show: my full name; the card expiry date; the security code; the type of card allowing anyone to figure the first four digits of my account as well the last four digits of my account.

3. All this would be sent in an unencrypted email to a "distributed" company I had never dealt with before. And a company that i did not have a physical address for!

Hmmmmm! All this risk for an ACR jacket . . . A nice jacket, but it's still just a jacket!  No Thanks!

I cancelled the order!

Tbf I would have, too. That's too much for verification, especially when you can just order straight from the mothersite via PayPal without all that extra hassle (and potential risk)

4 minutes ago, scamster said:

@NortonCommando961 it's better to err on the side of caution and do what you did and cancel, that's too much detail to be giving up. surprised you're going to farfetch they tend to jack up the prices, even during sales the rrp is sometimes cheaper.

Thanks again for the tips!

On 8/4/2022 at 6:07 PM, fasttimes said:

My favourite is the J16 in all its iterations. Great first post and welcome to the community :)

Because or your comments I purchased the J16-GT. You are quite right; it is an excellent design. I like the way the collar fits, the way the hood fits, its light flexible feel, the sleeve closures . . .all in all a great design and execution.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:40 PM, NortonCommando961 said:

Yeah, it happened to me as well, but everything got cleared with a photo of my ID card and I had to do it only on the first purchase. I wouldn't share my credit card either, but I thought that a photo of my ID wouldn't be that harmful.

You can call the customer service that works quite well... they are a big group owning brands like OFF-white and Palm Angels, not some newcomers...

10 hours ago, Ogv said:

Hi there, Im new here!!! Hope you guys can help me out?

I wear sz XL on the J1A-GT and want to get the J97-M should I buy the L or XL? Cant decide!! Thanks

Given how accessible the retailer stuff is nowadays I'd highly recommend just trying them on in-store if that's an option for you, but I'd stick TTS. The sleeves are monstrously long btw.

16 hours ago, Ogv said:

Hi there, Im new here!!! Hope you guys can help me out?

I wear sz XL on the J1A-GT and want to get the J97-M should I buy the L or XL? Cant decide!! Thanks

6 hours ago, nathan_ said:

Given how accessible the retailer stuff is nowadays I'd highly recommend just trying them on in-store if that's an option for you, but I'd stick TTS. The sleeves are monstrously long btw.

@Ogv what @nathan_ said go tts and fully agree the sleeves are comically long.

one other thing if you don't have a retailer close by to visit, order both online and return the one that doesn't fit just make sure the store has free returns.

Coevo J1A & P30.

https://www.coevo.com/us/goods/goods_view.php?goodsNo=1000009811

https://www.coevo.com/us/goods/goods_view.php?goodsNo=1000009812

Would be cool to see the QLQR belts on more models moving forward, seemed like a great feature on the P36. 

Edited by nathan_