Acronym.

Westbrook

33 minutes ago, WillKhitie said:

And the fits. And the fittings. And the finishes. And if you actually read all of this then you probably didn’t need to because yeah, you already know.

And yet I choose to trust MIC one last time.. Hope I won't recieve another open bottom pocket on SP29...

Damn, compare releases today to a few years ago. The J47TS-GT release I remember having to buy things before I could even read what they were, for ever-increasing prices, because otherwise it would sell out instantly. Today P10A-E, which is a great pair of pants, has almost a full size run available a month after release. Prices are higher, but that's better than prices higher and can't kop.

I was worried about innovation but i'm not anymore. M fabric is great. New J16 is great. P38-GTB is exactly the amount of overkill I like to see (but not buy lol). J99 and J93 are both sick. It's a great time to be an acronym fan.

4 hours ago, Tilore said:

34s still crop and taper near the opening so I suspect you’ll have the same problem. Some iteration of a p24 would have more length on them. You probably don’t wanna hear this but I think you just need to belt a L in most cases 

yeah, the measurements on ms don't look too promising unfortunately but I mean I'm either deluding myself but P31 seem to be commonly short on a lot of people and P10 you just can't upsize if you want intended fit so I still am hopeful on the 34s, the only other modern pants I like are the 37 but I don't want DS cargos and 38-E which are just way out there with price for my skin

I have considered L in 31s before but I mean I already tie my M to the limit being 145ish lbs so it's kinda fucked, 34s in L might work since auxiliary belt not like 31s but whatever - if anyone has 34-S in M/L and could provide inseam/outseam I'd be grateful to know what they really would be like

The -S is going to shrink so I would stick to P34-E or DS if you are going to try those. Why don't you want to size up to a medium P10?  It seems like the narrow waist and cut and longer leg would be what you're looking for.  I usually take about a 29 inch inseam on pants and the non-stotz P10 in mediums have always fit a bit long on me. I would just avoid P10A-E as someone pointed out the outseam is shorter on the latest release.  You may even be able to take a large in P10-S.

11 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

The -S is going to shrink so I would stick to P34-E or DS if you are going to try those. Why don't you want to size up to a medium P10?  It seems like the narrow waist and cut and longer leg would be what you're looking for.  I usually take about a 29 inch inseam on pants and the non-stotz P10 in mediums have always fit a bit long on me. I would just avoid P10A-E as someone pointed out the outseam is shorter on the latest release.  You may even be able to take a large in P10-S.

I'm open to trying especially whenever a -S in M comes along for a good deal but I feel the skinny fit intent might be lost, the small fits me about as the P10s should aside in length, the waist is already slightly too big, lower leg is pretty slim but in thigh I still have plenty of headroom, and bear in mind this is -S that everyone says you should size larger than P10s in other materials so dunno.

Only want the P34s in stotz also as I do use the fabric to the fullest, I feel I might've slightly fucked my 31s already in the short months of owning them doing something DS wasn't built for lmao

42 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

There’s also wayyyy more product per item available than in years past. 

yeeee true. That plus hype cooling just a little bit. Second hand market is also coming back down to earth which is great. NG4-PS is a great example.

I dunno @silenz, I beat the shit out of my 2018 P10-DS. Pulled 10 hour shifts in a busy kitchen, hiked in them, got drunk and did dumb stuff in them. Basically wore them almost daily for like 6 months. And they only got some slight pilling around the hems. Granted I’m not positive which weight DS the P10’s were compared to the 31, but by comparison every Stotz item I’ve owned has worn out/shown signs of wear wayyyyy faster than whatever weight DS. And I’ve owned many different iterations of both. 

Edited by brainerd666

33 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I dunno @silenz, I beat the shit out of my 2018 P10-DS. Pulled 10 hour shifts in a busy kitchen, hiked in them, got drunk and did dumb stuff in them. Basically wore them almost daily for like 6 months. And they only got some slight pilling around the hems. Granted I’m not positive which weight DS the P10’s were compared to the 31, but by comparison every Stotz item I’ve owned has worn out/shown signs of wear wayyyyy faster than whatever weight DS. And I’ve owned many different iterations of both. 

not so much signs of wear rather than literal damage / fear of ripping, could also be the fact that P31s, although not severe still got a noticeable drop crotch that almost fucked me over climbing over a large spiked fence, and anything obstructive like that etc, I know this is rather severe example but that's why stotz is the only thing I want in pants that I actually want to use daily, I got absolutely zero fear damaging or second guessing the fabric

DS to me seems just more a lounging fabric in comparison

32 minutes ago, silenz said:

not so much signs of wear rather than literal damage / fear of ripping, could also be the fact that P31s, although not severe still got a noticeable drop crotch that almost fucked me over climbing over a large spiked fence, and anything obstructive like that etc, I know this is rather severe example but that's why stotz is the only thing I want in pants that I actually want to use daily, I got absolutely zero fear damaging or second guessing the fabric

DS to me seems just more a lounging fabric in comparison

Nope. But you def shouldn’t be climbing over chain link in a drop crotch no matter what the fabric is. That’s just dumb my dude. Stotz is more rigid and would have punctured or ripped in the same style of pant/situation. Next time think first and hike up the damn pants to your tits beforehand. 

23 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Nope. But you def shouldn’t be climbing over chain link in a drop crotch no matter what the fabric is. That’s just dumb my dude. Stotz is more rigid and would have punctured or ripped in the same style of pant/situation. Next time think first and hike up the damn pants to your tits beforehand. 

cant really plan ahead for everything ahah but yeah as I said that was probably just the wrong pant to do so in if anything but still, if I had a choice between P10s in DS or S I know what I'd feel more confident doing anything as such in, I've seen those rugged P10-DS someone just sold here couple months ago in the sales thread and trust me that's how mine would end up too, or atleast I would think

but anyway back to the original response I had to thatslapz, DS just even visually doesn't seem the right fabric to me when it comes to cargos (would say 31s are an exception as I wouldn't even consider them cargos foremost), not to mention they honestly stack kinda awful imo

Edited by silenz

33 minutes ago, silenz said:

cant really plan ahead for everything ahah but yeah as I said that was probably just the wrong pant to do so in if anything but still, if I had a choice between P10s in DS or S I know what I'd feel more confident doing anything as such in, I've seen those rugged P10-DS someone just sold here couple months ago in the sales thread and trust me that's how mine would end up too, or atleast I would think

but anyway back to the original response I had to thatslapz, DS just even visually doesn't seem the right fabric to me when it comes to cargos (would say 31s are an exception as I wouldn't even consider them cargos foremost), not to mention they honestly stack kinda awful imo

Those were pre-2018 DS pants before they changed up the material. Not an equivalent comparison. The abrasion resistance and overall durability is far improved. The S15-DS I own feels like an entirely different fabric from the much more recent S24-DS. Along with all of the various DS items I’ve picked up over the years. 

DS stretches and deals with stress overall more efficiently than Stotz. I loooove Stotz don’t get me wrong. Shit is way nicer than any other cotton weave in terms of durability (short of ripstop), comfort, and fast drying. But DS holds up to abuse far better. Stotz does stack much nicer than DS though when it comes to the P10’s.

I’ve owned every fabric the P10’s have been released in (short of the epic cotton variant). Epic nylon has best stacks imo followed by Stotz, CH, and then DS.

Epic is too loud and grabs lint and ‘dirt’ too easily imo, but holds up well in the rain, is super light and is great for warm weather. Stotz in the P10 cut feels like you’re wearing jeans almost(in a good way), doesn’t feel clammy and heavy when it wets out, but no stretch/limited mobility. CH is super comfy and luxe but frays too quick, and is hot wearing imo. DS is comfy, stretches, breathes, doesn’t feel clammy when wet, has amazing abrasion resistance and dries super fast. If you’re concerned about long term abuse, the DS is a much better choice. But looks way better in pants that center on drape. So you might want to think about P10-E variants.

Or just say fuck it to all of this and buy some Crye G3 combat pants in ripstop instead lol. 

Edited by brainerd666

29 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Those were pre-2018 DS pants before they changed up the material. Not an equivalent comparison. The abrasion resistance and overall durability is far improved. The S15-DS I own feels like an entirely different fabric from the much more recent S24-DS. Along with all of the various DS items I’ve picked up over the years. 

DS stretches and deals with stress overall more efficiently than Stotz. I loooove Stotz don’t get me wrong. Shit is way nicer than any other cotton weave in terms of durability (short of ripstop), comfort, and fast drying. But DS holds up to abuse far better. Stotz does stack much nicer than DS though when it comes to the P10’s.

I’ve owned every fabric the P10’s have been released in (short of the epic cotton variant). Epic nylon has best stacks imo followed by Stotz, CH, and then DS.

Epic is too loud and grabs lint and ‘dirt’ too easily imo, but holds up well in the rain, is super light and is great for warm weather. Stotz in the P10 cut feels like you’re wearing jeans almost(in a good way), doesn’t feel clammy and heavy when it wets out, but no stretch/limited mobility. CH is super comfy and luxe but frays too quick, and is hot wearing imo. DS is comfy, stretches, breathes, doesn’t feel clammy when wet, has amazing abrasion resistance and dries super fast. If you’re concerned about long term abuse, the DS is a much better choice. But looks way better in pants that center on drape. So you might want to think about P10-E variants.

Or just say fuck it to all of this and buy some Crye G3 combat pants in ripstop instead lol. 

Just looking at my p10s and p31ads I just cant share the same experience with ds holding up better/taking beating as well as stotz does, but dunno my p10s are ooooooold in the first place so maybe if I saw them deteriorate (not that there are is any actual damage, just wear) from the newnew state I'd see it differently.

Also have to agree with -E having great stacks on P10, the most recent P10A-E look absolutely amazing to me and I generally absolutely hate P10A, shame they wear shorter though.

As for stotz comfort..... well yeah it ain't no DS but personally since the p10s don't strangle my thighs even in a small I just don't have that experienced that most seem to have with it being mobility limiting, the articulation makes me feel as free in movement as any loose pairs of pants almost

also what was old DS like? I only recognize old E new E difference (entirely different fabric)

Between my P10s, P9s and P14's i've also handled all ACR pant textiles except for epic cotton.

DS: overall winner as far as balance/daily usefulness goes. Good water resistance and dry time, excellent stretch, good next to skin comfort, good stacking/drape, excellent colorfastness, good breathability.
CH: overall winner as far as style/comfort goes. Great next to skin comfort, great breathability, luxurious textile, decent drape, excellent colorfastness but essentially no weather protection.
E: overall winner for weather performance. Good water repellence, great dry time, decent breathability, excellent drape/stacking.
CH-melange: surprisingly good dry time but moderate water resistance, good stacking and drape, good stretch and next to skin comfort, the most "unique" looking of the textiles. Good colorfastness.
S: dogshit. 

On 5/20/2022 at 6:04 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

Between my P10s, P9s and P14's i've also handled all ACR pant textiles except for epic cotton.

DS: overall winner as far as balance/daily usefulness goes. Good water resistance and dry time, excellent stretch, good next to skin comfort, good stacking/drape, excellent colorfastness, good breathability.
CH: overall winner as far as style/comfort goes. Great next to skin comfort, great breathability, luxurious textile, decent drape, excellent colorfastness but essentially no weather protection.
E: overall winner for weather performance. Good water repellence, great dry time, decent breathability, excellent drape/stacking.
CH-melange: surprisingly good dry time but moderate water resistance, good stacking and drape, good stretch and next to skin comfort, the most "unique" looking of the textiles. Good colorfastness.
S: dogshit. 

Aw man I’ve still got a soft spot for Stotz. It looks pretty nice when it ages and acquires kind of a soft texture the others can’t exactly replicate. 

1 hour ago, marube said:

Aw man I’ve still got a soft spot for Stotz. It looks pretty nice when it ages and acquires kind of a soft texture the others can’t exactly replicate. 

Stotz is an awesome fabric, and I feel like it's been missing from a lot of drops lately. I want more Stotz pieces - jackets particularly. But it sucks for pants. P10A-S were my first ACR pants and I was obsessed with them...until I experienced some of the other fabrics on my legs. Maybe some silhouettes are better for -S than the P10s are, but it's definitely way more restrictive than everything else in Acronym's arsenal of materials. Just not what I want in pants, honestly

54 minutes ago, hanzen1138 said:

Stotz is an awesome fabric, and I feel like it's been missing from a lot of drops lately. I want more Stotz pieces - jackets particularly. But it sucks for pants. P10A-S were my first ACR pants and I was obsessed with them...until I experienced some of the other fabrics on my legs. Maybe some silhouettes are better for -S than the P10s are, but it's definitely way more restrictive than everything else in Acronym's arsenal of materials. Just not what I want in pants, honestly

yes please raf stotz jacket in 22fw

On 5/19/2022 at 8:38 AM, silenz said:

I see you've already found yours but to offer more potential options on top of the aforementioned there is also S-J4TS, J1TS-S, J79TS-GT, J57TS-S, J47TS-GT

Does anyone here own P34-S and can comment on inseam/lenght sizing on their frame? I currently own a medium P31A-DS and a small P10-S and me being 5'11 with rather long legs they're neither quite long enough for my liking, whilst a size up in either would end up too large otherwise so seeking to hopefully find the perfect next pant I won't have to go any bigger than medium in. Not going by measurements alone anymore as if anything, what P31A-DS taught me is that the ms measurements are not to be trusted.

The size up will solve your problems and will not be too large. You’re 5’11 you should be wearing large purely length wise- if anything grab your favorite belt and it should work out! 

51 minutes ago, jzhu61 said:

are the Stotz products friendly with cat hair? heard people complaining -LP and -E are hair magnets.

I don't remember my acr stotz jacket /pants catches car hair that much. But the AOKU scarf catches a lot more, which is also claimed to be stotz outer fabric...

Guess they are not exactly the same product but from same company? 

14 hours ago, jzhu61 said:

are the Stotz products friendly with cat hair? heard people complaining -LP and -E are hair magnets.

In my experience with both Stotz and Epic Nylon neither are really pet hair magnets. Can't speak on -LP, though.

13 hours ago, kkuer99 said:

Guess they are not exactly the same product but from same company? 

Could just be different weight Etaproof

Edited by hanzen1138

Stotz is pretty slick. Doesn’t attract hair in my experience and if kitty takes a nap on you you can rub it off. 

completely unrelated but someone was asking about these shoes in one of e’s fits, so if you’re an 11.5 (edit: actually just saw they’re listed as womens so probably a men’s 10) and want a pair…

https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/shoes/flats/undercover-patent-leather-studded-accents-oxfords-dhshj

Edited by beepy

50 minutes ago, beepy said:

Stotz is pretty slick. Doesn’t attract hair in my experience and if kitty takes a nap on you you can rub it off. 

If there's any topic I feel that I can well represent, it's kitty-napping pros and cons of each material, and can attest that traces are easily removed, if the claws come out though, times get tough. Dryskin allows nicely for my cat to sink his claws into my legs (I have accrued too many wounds to count during my strenuous testing of these expensive nap-magnets) without marking up the materials too badly. 

I don't think any amount of money in the world will make for a better cat bed than sitting cross legged in P30A-DS.

Namaste.