Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, P_Zen said:

Seems like some new shades will be coming this week aswell

nah these aren't ACR

I’m on the fence too, thinking about p39-m but am unsure of the fabric. I called a retailer and they said it feels organic and cotton-like but I was waiting to hear more thoughts on here before pulling the trigger. I think fit and details wise they’re what I’m looking for as their plainess will make them easier to integrate in a wider variety of outfits. 

Trying out the P39s, but more so for the fabric than the pant. Still very interested in SP29s and just wanted to get a feel for the material first instead of copping those blindly. For anyone else interested in P39s, HBX has them for significantly lower than the mothersite and other retailers

picking up the p39-m for the same reasons more of an interest in the fabric and hoping the simplicity of the trousers can be worn in more formal settings.

beware of hbx it's not including the taxes & duties until checkout at least not for uk punters.

Edited by scamster

Tried the P39M in person today.

I found myself thinking - "these are essentially the same as the pair of Dickies I wore into this store."

Then, I realized how much I love to wear my dickies - then when I went to remove said pants I thought to myself, "I don't want to take them off"

It was then, I knew....I would buy these expensive acronym dickies and enjoy them thoroughly.

-------------------------------------------------------

Material is light and flexible - as long as they are durable they seem perfect for Summer.

I have no idea where 2/3 of these internal pockets are....maybe someone else can help solve that mystery.

My only other pair of ACR pants are p24A-DS(and what a pair those are).  I don't often wear them in Summer - too heavy - these certainly fill a void.

----------------------------------------------------

TLDR - if you ever wanted Dickies but Acronymized...buy them.

Edited by billy_clinton

7 minutes ago, billy_clinton said:

I have no idea where 2/3 of these internal pockets are....maybe someone else can help solve that mystery.

Pretty sure they're counting the splits in the deep pockets...

-----------------------------------------------------------

I really like the new camel color, but I'm gonna pass on this drop.
A bit disappointed on the pants honestly... P10 got another iteration while the previous one was still available in all sizes.
P39 are oki, but I was hoping for something new instead of basically a P9 re-edition. I'm regretting I passed on the P31 right now...

Edited by MNB

The varsity felt great, it is way lighter than it looks. The GT pro on the sleeves and on the J96 is also lightweight. The bucket hats are what you would expect for a GT bucket hat. The internal headband can cinch down if you’re tripping over sizing. The p39m fabric feels like DS and E nylon had a baby. The in-person fit and feel is not drastically different from the main site photos. If they don’t do anything for you off those photos, you probably won’t like them in person. I tried medium in everything, (I'm wearing jeans not P39).

960EED8A-EA44-48F6-B023-C83708A1C317.jpeg

3F6D37E0-FC1D-46C0-8E6C-4891FED509F9.jpeg

97C66090-29F3-4F40-820F-3603C2F0E74E.jpeg

Edited by thatslapz

i still think i would've liked the j96-gt a lot more if they had kept the j93's scuba hood. i dig the jacket and especially the sleeve pattern a lot, but i feel like the j96's silhouette would've benefitted from a permanent hood. imo the storm hood/bucket hat work better on other jackets than they do here.

IMG_5923_hood.jpg

Edited by blutspender

Hey,

could anyone help me out with the fit of the p39, I usually wear an 34/32 in levis 501 Jeans.

I never had an pair of acronym pants so I am really not sure about getting an M or L.

Any help is appreciated.

x

Edited by DeadHype

@DeadHype as you wear two different sizes of 501's it would be difficult to ascertain your best size but would recommend laying flat a pair of your 501's, measuring up and comparing with what measurements acronym have for the p39-m on their website.

normally it would be a little difficult to compare because of their elaborate patterning but the p39-m is a simpler pair of trousers so it shouldn't be a problem. if you're still unsure purchase a pair from a store that offers free returns or swaps to another size.

Brief P39 review:

- Milliken nylon is a cool fabric. Less dry + papery hand than encapsulated nylon. Drapes more gracefully, less crunchy. Not to say this makes it better than -E - I love the dry hand on that fabric! Back to -M - it's highly breathable, seemingly more than encapsulated nylon. The latter does a better job of cutting wind, making -M seem more like a specialized hot weather fabric than a 3 season fabric like -E. Not anywhere near as stretchy as dryskin.

- Regular cut all the way from thigh to hem. The cut is sweet and suits the fabric. Pretty elegant and a nice change from the hard taper characterizing recent releases. That said, slimmer through the waist, thigh and less articulated than most other offerings. Would describe the cut as closer to TTS than P34, P31, P24, etc which all seem much more voluminous (at least until the taper).

Edited by zxcvbnnn

10 hours ago, scamster said:

@DeadHype as you wear two different sizes of 501's it would be difficult to ascertain your best size but would recommend laying flat a pair of your 501's, measuring up and comparing with what measurements acronym have for the p39-m on their website.

normally it would be a little difficult to compare because of their elaborate patterning but the p39-m is a simpler pair of trousers so it shouldn't be a problem. if you're still unsure purchase a pair from a store that offers free returns or swaps to another size.

Hey,

thanks for your reply! I meant with 34/32 the width and length of the jeans. 
I already did measure it but as the material got a little bit of stretch added, I am not quite sure how stretchy it is in the end. 

x

judging by the cut you could probably fit a snug M and have the length be just right
or an L and have it generally baggier and longer throughout

6 hours ago, DeadHype said:

Hey,

thanks for your reply! I meant with 34/32 the width and length of the jeans. 
I already did measure it but as the material got a little bit of stretch added, I am not quite sure how stretchy it is in the end. 

x

the fabric isn't that stretchy, trust the waistband measurement.

Been many years since my last post here. I sold most of my ACR-gear, except my 3A-1 ofc. Since then I have become a father of two. Am now on the lookout for some outdoorsy pants to play in the woods, sandbox and other kid stuff. I want to avoid the boring "dad pants" like Fjallraven and Arcteryx and was thinking to copy some ACR just for the fun of it. I know it will be completely overkill, but why not, right? I have owned a lot of ACR pants,  but never in Schoeller Dryskin. Would the DS material be fit for what I'm looking for? I read that it's abrasion resistant and sweat wicking. Sounds good to me. Or not?

Edited by Haackk