Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

Does anyone happen to have the wash instructions for the SM1-AK?  The tag was annoying so I cut off the stitches holding it on and put it somewhere for safe keeping.  Apparently so safe I can't find it anymore..

Iirc you're not supposed to wash it. The wool has "self cleaning properties" apparently and while there were instructions on the tag, I'd ignore those. Hand wash it if you really have to - I've done this before for my SM1 before letting it air dry and it came out clean without any fabric fraying or other integrity issues. Still nice and soft, too

Edited by hanzen1138

5 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

Does anyone happen to have the wash instructions for the SM1-AK?  The tag was annoying so I cut off the stitches holding it on and put it somewhere for safe keeping.  Apparently so safe I can't find it anymore..

IMG_0573.jpeg.548985362d09a0cab7611f0197e29930.jpeg

this is not the most recent season fwiw

17 hours ago, hanzen1138 said:

Iirc you're not supposed to wash it. The wool has "self cleaning properties" apparently and while there were instructions on the tag, I'd ignore those. Hand wash it if you really have to - I've done this before for my SM1 before letting it air dry and it came out clean without any fabric fraying or other integrity issues. Still nice and soft, too

14 hours ago, eidolarr said:

this is not the most recent season fwiw

Thanks!  Really appreciate the info!! :biggrin:

Unfortunately it fell off on a skating trail that makes a 1.5km loop and it took a while to make it back around and locate it.  By then it had been picked up by someone and thrown in a snow bank lol.  I think the self cleaning property is similar to the anti-microbial stuff that merino has, but this is just general dirt and debris.  I'll try the hand wash as suggested and hope for the best.

41 minutes ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

Thanks!  Really appreciate the info!! :biggrin:

Unfortunately it fell off on a skating trail that makes a 1.5km loop and it took a while to make it back around and locate it.  By then it had been picked up by someone and thrown in a snow bank lol.  I think the self cleaning property is similar to the anti-microbial stuff that merino has, but this is just general dirt and debris.  I'll try the hand wash as suggested and hope for the best.

The Historically Accurate Way To Wash Your Wool Clothes lol

9 hours ago, lehadrakon said:

Hey guys, hello from Ukraine. If you ever consider is 3A-6TS got enough place for most necessary stuff in case of war in your country - yes, it’s got enough place. Medkit, some closes, compact food, docs and MacBook Pro. For now can rate it 10 anxiety of 10.

Hope you'll be safe soon man. Take care.

7 hours ago, zxcvbnnn said:

So good - where'd you get this done?

found a cobbler that could do it, it's a pretty tricky job because of the neoprene(?) material around the side of the shoes but i think any decent cobbler could do a similar job if not better

6 hours ago, KEИROИYM said:

I really hated the rips on the blazer, so today I’ve done a little mod to seal them all.

Fyi, I used Angelus Walk On Black and Gorilla Super Glue

69ADA5A8-6E6B-449F-8957-FEBD379C1D5D.thumb.jpeg.5ea92bbf96ea4cc65ed585201afb46ce.jpeg

CBDB87B6-320D-4BBD-9E2E-F65C25A1C00A.thumb.jpeg.3a43393f95e8623753faf1e414ca1621.jpeg

idk man..

*Update:

Day 2 wearing, it still looks “ok” to me at some points.

Beyond 1.5m range, yea, it looks fine! the black painted inner layer blends in with the outer and the highlighted white swoosh distracts all the seals and holes.

But for closer look, like holding on your hand, it looks like dog bites, tbh :wacko2:

Edited by KEИROИYM

53 minutes ago, KEИROИYM said:

*Update:

Day 2 wearing, it still looks “ok” to me at some points.

Beyond 1.5m range, yea, it looks fine! the black painted inner layer blends in with the outer and the highlighted white swoosh distracts all the seals and holes.

But for closer look, like holding on your hand, it looks like dog bites, tbh :wacko2:

like a certain @frenchbulldog has been at them?

0607d5c25ab153b70d277ee195b83db7.thumb.j

“looks ass”

thanks for the update on your mod @KEИROИYM think I might hold off on doing it if I can find a pair in my size, find theses blazers very narrow.

Edited by scamster